inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: first crush

Written By: tomario on 06/24/06 at 5:59 am

;)who was your first crush,be careful it could give your age away !!!

my first crush was suzi quatrohttp://www.symmetry-and-sound.com/suzi_quatro/1_Suzi_Quatro_sqa001.jpg

Subject: Re: first crush

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 6:23 am

Some girl in my class, when I was about 7 or 8, lol.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/24/06 at 7:02 am

Sam from Clarissa Explains It All...when I was like, 4-7.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Contrib/Entertainment/Clarissa/sam.gif

Written By: Davester on 06/24/06 at 7:25 am

;)who was your first crush,be careful it could give your age away !!!

my first crush was suzi quatrohttp://www.symmetry-and-sound.com/suzi_quatro/1_Suzi_Quatro_sqa001.jpg

She looks like Leather Tuscadero from Happy Days...

Like Trimac, just some girl in grade school...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/24/06 at 8:03 am

I'm trying to work out if you are kidding or not, Davester...

Suzi Quatro IS (was) Leather Tuscadero from Happy Days  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/24/06 at 8:35 am

Mr Marotta, sixth grade music teacher....  ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/24/06 at 11:18 am

My first crush was on a boy named Jason in my 1st grade class.

Famous crush, Donny and Jimmy Osmond.

Written By: happygirl on 06/24/06 at 11:44 am

1st was Eddie from the Courtship of Eddies Father.
But then.. it was Johnny Gage from Emergency...sizzlin....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 5:56 pm

1st was Eddie from the Courtship of Eddies Father.

For me, it was Eddie's Father-Bill Bixby. That was my first "famous" crush.

My very first crush was a kid name Raymond (can't remember his last name) who was in my Nursery School. Followed by Peter (who I DO remember his last name) in 1st and 2nd grade. Peter was the reason I wanted Hot Wheels when I was 8 years old. (He was "into" them.)

Cat

Written By: gemini on 06/24/06 at 6:05 pm

First non famous crush was a boy named Nathan in first grade. He brought me a baggie full of jewelry that he took from his sisters room!  ;D  When I took it home, my mom made me give it back to him.  >:( 

First famous crush was Donny Osmond of course!  :) 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 6:46 pm

First non famous crush was a boy named Nathan in first grade. He brought me a baggie full of jewelry that he took from his sisters room!  ;D  When I took it home, my mom made me give it back to him.  >:( 

First famous crush was Donny Osmond of course!  :) 

He learned young to give a girl jewelry.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Davester on 06/25/06 at 2:09 am

I'm trying to work out if you are kidding or not, Davester...

Suzi Quatro IS (was) Leather Tuscadero from Happy Days  ;D

Get out of here..!  I did not know that, no joke...

Is her music any good?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/06 at 2:57 am

Welll, if we're talking '70s, then for me it's pre-latency and latency. I do not remember a sustained "crush" on a particular person before puberty. I was more fond of "crushing" Matchbox cars with hammers! My big sister insists I had crushes on my girl playmates, Eva and Ariel, but that was just her being fanciful. I never even played "doctor" with them!
::)
I can say for sure, however, that when I saw my first Playboy centerfold at the age of five, I didn't know exactly what I was seeing, but I knew with all certainty, "that's the the thing for me!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/downtown.gif

I'm glad I didn't know what I was getting myself into, because even if I did, I wouldn't have been able to stop it. Jeezus, I still can't! I always heard that thing, you know, slowed down for guys in their 30s. Maybe for some, but not for me!
::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/25/06 at 4:27 am

lol first non-famous crush was named either named Tommy or this other kid with the last name Ball (I think his name was Wally, maybe???)  He moved away within the year.  I can't remember which crush came first.  It was first grade and that was way long ago.

First famous crush? Can't remember... possibly Donny Osmond or maybe John Travolta.  *shrugs her shoulders*  The memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Written By: maddog on 06/25/06 at 4:42 am

Davester, I'm not sure if you're joking but Suzi Quatro and Leather Tuscadero are one and the same person.
Suzi Quatro's poster replaced Kevin Keegan (English footballer) on my bedroom wall in 1974, thereby marking my pasage into puberty  ::).

Another big crush of mine was Jaclyn Smith from Charlie's Angels in about 1977. I've had a preference for brunettes ever since and (although you may not believe this) my wife bears a striking resemblance to Jaclyn Smith, although my wife's eyes are blue, not brown.

Written By: Davester on 06/25/06 at 9:00 am

Davester, I'm not sure if you're joking but Suzi Quatro and Leather Tuscadero are one and the same person.
Suzi Quatro's poster replaced Kevin Keegan (English footballer) on my bedroom wall in 1974, thereby marking my pasage into puberty  ::).

Thought the pic posted by tomario, above, kinda/sorta of resembled Leather Tuscadero.  Seriously, I've never heard of Suzi Quatro.  So, she was already a rock star when she joined the cast of Happy Days

She looks like an earlier version of Joan Jett...

I can definately see why she graced your wall.  She's a babe...

Written By: star500 on 06/25/06 at 12:45 pm

My first non-celebrity crush was on this boy in my 1st grade class named Stephen. He was also my first kiss! :o He kissed me on the cheek when I was 7 years old. :)

My first celebrity crush was on Jonathan Brandis after seeing him on "The Neverending Story 2" when I was 5 years old. I thought he was the cutest boy I had ever seen, hehehehe ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...