» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Davey's bags??

Written By: Trish on 09/04/04 at 7:52 am

Does anyone remember Davey's bags...the little purses with flat bottoms and short leather double handles?  They came in a variety of colors including plad's (usually to match your Tretorn's) and had a metal plate near the top to put you Monogram (Free send through the mail to get your Initials).  Only my friend and I remember these things and we are desparatly seeking someone who remembers them!  Please help so we know we are not crazy here.  :D

Subject: Re: Davey's bags??

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/05/04 at 10:27 pm

No, sorry I do not recall those bags :(  Have you checked on ebay to see if there are any?  Now I got one for you...Do you or anyone out there for that matter remember GEAR bags, they were made out of bath mat material, rubber, and the first ones that put them on the map almost looked like bubble wrap.  They were clutches, large or smaller size with seams on the side only and a zipper for closure.  There were even knock offs of this bag.  But the real one had GEAR written in white on a black background right in the top center of the bag. I had two Gear bags, one in pink and one in red,  Iwas in 5th grade at the time or maybe 6th, back in 1984.  I checked ebay and nope none found. 

Written By: Melissa on 09/15/04 at 11:55 pm

Does anyone remember Davey's bags...the little purses with flat bottoms and short leather double handles?  They came in a variety of colors including plad's (usually to match your Tretorn's) and had a metal plate near the top to put you Monogram (Free send through the mail to get your Initials).  Only my friend and I remember these things and we are desparatly seeking someone who remembers them!  Please help so we know we are not crazy here.  :D

I REMEMBER DAVEY'S HANDBAGS!!!  I HAD 3 OF THEM!!!  I'VE BEEN WONDERING IF THEY STILL MAKE THEM.  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY DO?

Written By: Becky on 08/18/05 at 8:41 am

I remember those!! I was trying to look them up today. Does anyone have any idea where to find them? I couldn't find any of the old style on Ebay.

Written By: Queenmapper on 08/22/05 at 6:52 pm

I have been searching for these for a long time now.  My husband and children think I'm nuts because there's never a mention of them on the net.  I had a red plaid one and a tan one.  They were my favorites!  I'm going to find one if it's the last thing I ever do!!  If anyone knows where they can be bought, please let me know!

Written By: Becky on 09/07/05 at 2:19 pm

I read today that the company which made them in MA went out of buisness in the late 1990's. I am dying to see if I still have my old one in my parents' attic.

Has anyone seen them on ebay?

Written By: becky on 09/07/05 at 2:26 pm

http://www.worcestermag.com/archives/2005/03-03-05/current/artsandentertainment.shtml

Information about Davey's purses.

Written By: LHARDESTY8046 on 08/04/06 at 10:32 am

:\'(   I do remember the Davey's bag and have been searching and searching for one!!!! I just wish I knew where to located them..

Written By: brenda on 03/17/08 at 5:42 pm

I have been searching for these for a long time now.  My husband and children think I'm nuts because there's never a mention of them on the net.  I had a red plaid one and a tan one.  They were my favorites!  I'm going to find one if it's the last thing I ever do!!  If anyone knows where they can be bought, please let me know!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/angel2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/angel2.gifuessiquote] :)Guess what.............I have a daveys purse, it is beige and in excellent condition.I'M THINKING ON PUTTING IT ON  ebay soon.

Written By: nicole on 03/26/08 at 6:33 pm

Has anyone been able to locate this bag. My friends have all been talking about them lately and I would love to locate one. I haven't seen them in years and I know I did not keep any of mine.................

Written By: noelle on 05/10/08 at 3:16 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/angel2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/angel2.gif
uessiquote] :)Guess what.............I have a daveys purse, it is beige and in excellent condition.I'M THINKING ON PUTTING IT ON  ebay soon.
Hi Brenda can you please sell your Gear bag to me? I have been searching for them for a very long time please contact me asap! thanks so much!

Written By: melissa on 05/15/08 at 5:15 pm

Hi Brenda can you please sell your Gear bag to me? I have been searching for them for a very long time please contact me asap! thanks so much!

I have gotten one at long last. Mine was stolen back in the 80's. I have never forgotten my Davey's. It was Navy. I loved that purse. I have search every flea market, swap meet, garage sale, ebay, the internet. April 14th, 2008, while at the dentist office getting my routine cleaning the dental hygienist asked about the purse I was carrying. I told her it was the closest I have every come to my Davey's. She was so shocked that I had said Davey's then proceeded to tell me she had one she picked up at a yard sale for 50 cents. She said I could have it. I picked it up today. It's NAVY! A little worn but to me it is beautiful. I haven't seen mine for 20 years. I hugged her and thanked her. I wish there was a way to contact the original owner/s of Davey's to get these bags back out on the market. Davey's were by far the most superior purse ever made. There are to many Davey's lovers still out there willing to buy this product again and again.

Written By: ladyvanessa on 08/07/08 at 11:05 pm

I just wanted to let all of you know that there is a Davys handbag in red leather for sale on Etsy! Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=14069600 Blessings to you. It is a lovely bag!

-Vanessa

Written By: SUZANNE on 09/04/08 at 11:07 pm

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was talking about these purses today! I loved mine and yes it was plaid to match my Tretorns. I have had no luck with finding anyone else that remembered them.

Written By: Jen on 09/22/08 at 8:31 pm

I remember Davey's Bags - my sister and her friend both had one while I was sporting my Ciao! Bag.  Does anyone remember Ciao! Bags?  They came in all differnt colrs - mine was red with a black zipper.  I've been looking for them online and can't fine one  :(  Anyone know where I can find one?  

Written By: Fran on 11/15/08 at 7:10 pm

Well I found a Davey's bag at a thrift store for 2$, I love it :)

Written By: sharon on 02/19/09 at 12:34 pm

:-\\ :\'(

I worked in a store in the 70's and 80's that sold Davey's bags.  I had everything from the little nylon one to a huge suede bag that I was called a carpenter's bag.  Every time I start looking for a purse, I always compare them to Davey's...  sigh...

Check for new replies or respond here...