» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Brick

Written By: Howard on 08/28/04 at 11:28 am

Which is your favorite funky Brick jam from the 70's?  :)

Howard

Subject: Re: Brick

Written By: Howard on 08/29/04 at 11:38 am

Anyone wanna take a chance at this?  ???

Howard

Written By: Koop on 08/29/04 at 1:24 pm

I picked Dazz.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/29/04 at 8:24 pm

Um...Dazz is the ONLY Brick song I've ever heard of :-\\

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/30/04 at 12:45 am

Don't feel bad, Mark...it's also the only song by them that I know.  :-[

Written By: Fred on 08/30/04 at 1:31 am

uhh...I've never heard of Brick.  :-[

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/30/04 at 9:26 am

Don't feel bad, Mark...it's also the only song by them that I know.  :-Yeah, Dazz was a minor hit here at best...thanks, Karen ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 9:14 pm

uhh...I've never heard of Brick.  :-[

Here is the story of Brick:

Brick (1977)
I guess you'd have to call this Atlanta five-piece a third-rate funk band, but they're fun. Rather than relying on synth, strings or unchanging disco rhythms, they focused on small-combo arrangements that often sound unrehearsed, funk and ballads alike - like a nicer Ohio Players, or like Earth Wind & Fire without the production touches. They're set apart by prominent flute work by Jimmy Brown (who also played sax); the rest of the band is Regi Hargis (guitar), Ray Ransom (bass), Eddie Irons (keyboards) and Donald Nevins (drums), with everyone contributing lead vocals. Their 1976 debut (Good High) had produced the hit "Dazz," so they continued the lyrical theme with "Dusic" - their second and last Top Forty hit, with a great group falsetto vocal. ("Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody" was also successful on the R&B chart.) Produced by Phil Benton with the band.Brick kept releasing LPs through 1982, with "Sweat (Till You're Wet)" hitting the R&B charts in 1981. (DBW)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 9:15 pm

They also sang Good High,Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody,Dazz,Dusic and Push Push.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/30/04 at 9:17 pm

Here is the story of Brick:

Brick (1977)
I guess you'd have to call this Atlanta five-piece a third-rate funk band, but they're fun. Rather than relying on synth, strings or unchanging disco rhythms, they focused on small-combo arrangements that often sound unrehearsed, funk and ballads alike - like a nicer Ohio Players, or like Earth Wind & Fire without the production touches. They're set apart by prominent flute work by Jimmy Brown (who also played sax); the rest of the band is Regi Hargis (guitar), Ray Ransom (bass), Eddie Irons (keyboards) and Donald Nevins (drums), with everyone contributing lead vocals. Their 1976 debut (Good High) had produced the hit "Dazz," so they continued the lyrical theme with "Dusic" - their second and last Top Forty hit, with a great group falsetto vocal. ("Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody" was also successful on the R&B chart.) Produced by Phil Benton with the band.Brick kept releasing LPs through 1982, with "Sweat (Till You're Wet)" hitting the R&B charts in 1981. (DBW)

Howard

Thanks Howard...I had NO Idea  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 9:21 pm

Thanks Howard...I had NO Idea  :D

Well,now you know Mark. ;)

Howard

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/08 at 7:11 am

Are the tracks on YouTube?

Written By: Howard on 04/12/08 at 7:37 am

Are the tracks on YouTube?

I think they are.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/13/08 at 7:42 pm

I'm only familiar with "Dazz". I love this song!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 5:20 am

I think they are.
I will check later.

Check for new replies or respond here...