» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Good News for People who Love Bad News

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 7:33 pm

The latest CD from Modest Mouse... I've read reviews of people saying they've become "Too mainstream" in this album... sounds like their other stuff to me! Anyway, I think the music is pure genius... From the stabbing Horns on "The Horn Intro" to the last note of "The Good Times Are Killing Me"

"The World at Large", "Float On", and "Ocean Breathes Salty" are songs that I love to death, and songs such as "Bukowski" and "Dance Hall" are just pure fun...

"Please Bury me with it" just sounds angry, but It sounds great.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but just buy it.

Or at least download it!

Subject: Re: Good News for People who Love Bad News

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 7:40 pm

The latest CD from Modest Mouse... I've read reviews of people saying they've become "Too mainstream" in this album... sounds like their other stuff to me! Anyway, I think the music is pure genius... From the stabbing Horns on "The Horn Intro" to the last note of "The Good Times Are Killing Me"

"The World at Large", "Float On", and "Ocean Breathes Salty" are songs that I love to death, and songs such as "Bukowski" and "Dance Hall" are just pure fun...

"Please Bury me with it" just sounds angry, but It sounds great.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but just buy it.

Or at least download it!

So THIS was your idea! Ha! Great!

I have this CD, and it's GREAT. I'd have to say "Bukowski" is one of my favourite songs on there.

i wish I had more of Modest Mouse's CDs. :(

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 7:43 pm

So THIS was your idea! Ha! Great!

I have this CD, and it's GREAT. I'd have to say "Bukowski" is one of my favourite songs on there.

i wish I had more of Modest Mouse's CDs. :(

Ah, I love it. I've got one other album "Building Nothing out of Something"

If you have MSN or AIM, I'll send it.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 8:04 pm

Ah, I love it. I've got one other album "Building Nothing out of Something"

If you have MSN or AIM, I'll send it.

I have msn. My email is on my profile page.

Written By: KKay on 06/09/06 at 9:34 am

I have msn. My email is on my profile page.

hey, send that my way, too!  i lve that band and i heard nothing but good things about this album..
got any other recommendations?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/09/06 at 9:58 am

hey, send that my way, too!  i lve that band and i heard nothing but good things about this album..
got any other recommendations?

I.. will send it, if I had your MSN name!

Check for new replies or respond here...