» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Today's Headlines

Written By: KKay on 06/09/06 at 3:20 pm

Did you read news worth passing on ? Or maybe you just want to make an announcement? Post your news worthy headlines here...

Oklahoma Gov OK's Executing Molesters
Under the measure signed by Gov. Brad Henry, anyone convicted twice for rape, sodomy or lewd molestation involving children under 14 can face the death penalty.

Subject: Re: Today's Headlines

Written By: La Roche on 06/09/06 at 4:12 pm

Did you read news worth passing on ? Or maybe you just want to make an announcement? Post your news worthy headlines here...

Oklahoma Gov OK's Executing Molesters
Under the measure signed by Gov. Brad Henry, anyone convicted twice for rape, sodomy or lewd molestation involving children under 14 can face the death penalty.

This is good.

I still think though, it would be far better to place them in with the general prison populace.
We've all heard the term nonce before.. well that stands for Not Of Normal Criminal Element.. let's just say, most cons don't take kindly to child molesters.

Written By: KKay on 06/09/06 at 8:39 pm

This is good.

I still think though, it would be far better to place them in with the general prison populace.
We've all heard the term nonce before.. well that stands for Not Of Normal Criminal Element.. let's just say, most cons don't take kindly to child molesters.

Very true..i thing that what justice don't take care of, prison do..at least in this case.

Written By: La Roche on 06/09/06 at 8:45 pm

Very true..i thing that what justice don't take care of, prison do..at least in this case.

Correctamundo.

Written By: Tam on 06/09/06 at 9:09 pm

I think the death penalty would be better for them - only because it would be a one time use of tax payers dollars, as opposed to the possible days of tax payer funding until the f**ker was actually killed in prison.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/10/06 at 7:02 pm

I think the death penalty would be better for them - only because it would be a one time use of tax payers dollars, as opposed to the possible days of tax payer funding until the f**ker was actually killed in prison.

Yup.  I agree.

Written By: La Roche on 06/10/06 at 10:46 pm

Yup.  I agree.

Good.

I maintain that I would smack the living sheesh out of any one of them.

In the words of Axel Rose.. "Get in the ring, get in the ring."

Written By: KKay on 06/11/06 at 3:57 pm

Next poster, choose a headline or news item

Written By: La Roche on 06/11/06 at 9:52 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/mexico/5039012.stm

I was soooooooooo in Mexico's corner today.

Written By: KKay on 06/12/06 at 11:56 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/mexico/5039012.stm

I was soooooooooo in Mexico's corner today.

That's a great story.  keep us up do date on the cup final scores...please!

Written By: KKay on 06/12/06 at 2:42 pm

The Onion counts...

Jon Lovitz Says Income From Subway Commercials Allows Him A Certain Creative Freedom
June 9, 2006 | Issue 42

Written By: KKay on 06/13/06 at 3:10 pm

CNN said:

Python's ministry of funny talks

Monday, June 12, 2006; Posted: 8:38 a.m. EDT (12:38 GMT)

He gave the world the Ministry of Silly Walks and foul-tempered hotelier Basil Fawlty. Now John Cleese wants to pass his comic skills on to a new generation.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/06 at 3:39 pm

CNN said:

Python's ministry of funny talks

Monday, June 12, 2006; Posted: 8:38 a.m. EDT (12:38 GMT)

He gave the world the Ministry of Silly Walks and foul-tempered hotelier Basil Fawlty. Now John Cleese wants to pass his comic skills on to a new generation.

Cleese 'retires from performing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5070650.stm

Comedy legend John Cleese has said he is retiring from writing and performing sitcoms because he will never manage to top the success of Fawlty Towers

Written By: KKay on 06/13/06 at 3:43 pm

Comedy legend John Cleese has said he is retiring from writing and performing sitcoms because he will never manage to top the success of Fawlty Towers

That might be true. I know when he guest starred on Will and Grace he was hysterical as Karen's second husband, Lyle.  However, in other appearances, I have not seen him as funny as he is known to be. I will alwasy enjoy and respect him as an entertainer and I think the book will be interesting.  His take on the history of comedy is something I look forward to.

Written By: whistledog on 06/13/06 at 9:36 pm

I wish he wouldn't.  I love him on those promos for TBS Superstation.  The one where he is debating what's funnier.  A Mime pretending to be trapped in a box, or a Mime actually trapped in a box.  You can see the Mime screaming for his life ;D

Written By: KKay on 06/14/06 at 8:27 am

I wish he wouldn't.  I love him on those promos for TBS Superstation.  The one where he is debating what's funnier.  A Mime pretending to be trapped in a box, or a Mime actually trapped in a box.  You can see the Mime screaming for his life ;D

Those are really funny...you get karma for mentioning it!

Written By: CeeKay on 06/14/06 at 10:19 pm

I don't have a headline but here is a story that was in our local news today:  A high school teacher (male) went on the internet and, under an assumed identity, solicited two teenage girls.  But here's the twist.  He offered to pay them to meet him in a park and to have a violent fight for him to watch.  They would get extra money if the fight resulted in broken bones.

WTF????

Written By: Tam on 06/14/06 at 10:25 pm

I don't have a headline but here is a story that was in our local news today:  A high school teacher (male) went on the internet and, under an assumed identity, solicited two teenage girls.  But here's the twist.  He offered to pay them to meet him in a park and to have a violent fight for him to watch.  They would get extra money if the fight resulted in broken bones.

WTF????

SICKO!

Written By: nally on 06/14/06 at 10:40 pm

WTF????

SICKO!

Yeah...what's this guy thinking? ::) ::) He wants these two poor young ladies to inflict pain on each other, and possibly result in serious injuries? What for? >:( :-[

Written By: Tam on 06/14/06 at 11:42 pm

WTF????

Talk about sick fetishes!

And a teacher at that!!!! Obviously teachers dont have to go through some sort of mental analysis before being given a job. "Oh, you have your degree?? Here you go - have at a class of 30+ students" :o >:(

Written By: karen on 06/15/06 at 9:03 am

Local news

Two guys who have legally changed their names to Jake and Elwood Blue are allowed to keep their sunglasses on for their drving licence photograph.  They perform a Blues Brothers tribute act and claim they never take their sunglasses off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/5080226.stm

Written By: CeeKay on 06/15/06 at 5:41 pm

Yeah...what's this guy thinking? ::) ::) He wants these two poor young ladies to inflict pain on each other, and possibly result in serious injuries? What for? >:( :-[

Well, turned out he picked the wrong people -- and met up with cops intead of girls.  One sicko down and out.

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 12:06 pm

Local news

Two guys who have legally changed their names to Jake and Elwood Blue are allowed to keep their sunglasses on for their drving licence photograph.  They perform a Blues Brothers tribute act and claim they never take their sunglasses off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/5080226.stm

That's beautiful!

Written By: Tia on 06/16/06 at 12:42 pm

WTF????

hey man if the money's good i say go for it. damn cops! they never let anyone have any fun.

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 12:45 pm

hey man if the money's good i say go for it. damn cops! they never let anyone have any fun.

Dang straight!

Fire is fun.. but not according to them. Jerks.

Written By: Tia on 06/16/06 at 12:57 pm

ah yes, stuff blowing up and fistfights. just the stuff we pay nine bucks a pop to see at the corner multiplex.

i dunno, dude's got a weird kink but not as weird as, say, wrapping yourself up in saran wrap with a straw sticking out of your nose. and if he was gonna offer a fair price i say rock on! what if he was gonna give em, like, 20 grand or something? that would be a pretty good deal.

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/06 at 12:59 pm

ah yes, stuff blowing up and fistfights. just the stuff we pay nine bucks a pop to see at the corner multiplex.

i dunno, dude's got a weird kink but not as weird as, say, wrapping yourself up in saran wrap with a straw sticking out of your nose. and if he was gonna offer a fair price i say rock on! what if he was gonna give em, like, 20 grand or something? that would be a pretty good deal.

Hell, $20.

Written By: KKay on 08/24/06 at 8:58 am

Pluto demoted
Leading astronomers have declared that Pluto is no longer a planet, approving new guidelines that downsize the solar system from nine planets to eight. The International Astronomical Union stripped Pluto of the planetary status it has held since its discovery in 1930.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/24/06 at 9:11 am

Pluto demoted
Leading astronomers have declared that Pluto is no longer a planet, approving new guidelines that downsize the solar system from nine planets to eight. The International Astronomical Union stripped Pluto of the planetary status it has held since its discovery in 1930.
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/m-p/mmilc7.jpg

I saw an interview this morning on this.  The PhD-from-UCLA guy said, "The reason it's important to make a decision on Pluto is that, if we let Pluto stay, we have to let maybe a hundred others in.  If we get a firm definition that means Pluto's out, then we keep the number of planets to a minimum.  Most people are happy with the ones we have."

Is that the silliest thing?  It's like they're debating whether or not to open the country club membership to minorities or not. 

Written By: CeeKay on 08/24/06 at 9:17 am

This was a great story that I saw on my morning tv news (story comes out of London).  They even had a clip of cows mooing to serve as examples....and the news people were cracking up  ;D :D

Moo-Arr! Westcountry cows moo in farmers' accents!

There is something strange afoot in the country. Farmers in the West have noticed a distinctive Somerset twang to their herd

Written By: KKay on 08/24/06 at 9:22 am

Is that the silliest thing?  It's like they're debating whether or not to open the country club membership to minorities or not. 

I just need to know if this effects my horoscope or not.

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 9:26 am

Pluto demoted

This.. is not cool!

I'm gonna go down there and kick some astronomer ass!

Written By: KKay on 08/24/06 at 9:30 am

Moo-Arr! Westcountry cows moo in farmers' accents!

Soo...around here they would go "Yo! Fu**in' Moo!"

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/06 at 5:19 am

Some weird headlines from this week:

"Mum was 'insane' when she killed baby" - doesn't take a smart person to work that one out  ::)

"8 kiwis a year crack their head while throwing up in the toilet bowl" -  ???

Written By: KKay on 08/25/06 at 8:22 am

"8 kiwis a year crack their head while throwing up in the toilet bowl" -  ???

I really really need to read this article. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/06 at 12:30 pm

A few days ago, there was an article in the paper about this guy who ran from the police. They saw him jump into the river and the guy yelled for help and it looked like he drowned. The cops went to his place to get info about him and he answered the door.  :o :o  But then today, there was a follow-up story. It seems that they did pull a body out of the river-someone else who was also wanted by the police. Apparently, the two guys looked very much a like and even wore very similar clothing. C'est bizarre.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/29/06 at 5:16 pm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/ohmy.gif

Written By: Abix on 09/07/06 at 10:54 am

this one might take the cake!

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/15447475.htm

Written By: La Roche on 09/07/06 at 11:10 am

this one might take the cake!

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/15447475.htm

"The one thing I like about these little ladies is that everytime you stroke their flesh...it just sorta...peeeeeels OFF! But the hilight of the eveing with one of these little bitches is...is evertime I eat her out I can hear the maggots crunching in my teeth!!!"

Written By: Abix on 09/21/06 at 9:29 am

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-09-21T114026Z_01_N21473768_RTRUKOC_0_US-ARTS-STONES.xml&src=092106_0741_ARTICLE_PROMO_also_on_reuters

The Stones are still alive and kicking !! God Bless those Glimmer twins and their band mates :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/06 at 4:32 pm

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061002/NEWS/610020365/1002

Which explains why I couldn't get my e-mail yesterday. Of course I knew about the fire yesterday because when I couldn't get the e-mail, I called. I guess it really didn't matter because when I was finally able to get my e-mail today, most of it was spam anyway.  :(

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...