» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What Is The Deal?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/09/06 at 2:02 pm

Well, this board has been started in the interest of those who either have performed in, helped with, or enjoy, the live theatre.

Anything from acting, to plays, to sharing experiences may be posted here.
This covers it all, from historical references, to Shakespeare, to Broadway (and Off-Broadway), to Kabuki!

Enjoy your postings, and let the curtain rise up!

Subject: Re: What Is The Deal?

Written By: nally on 08/09/06 at 7:26 pm

So we have a brand new forum, huh? Awesome!! 8)

As far as Live Theatre goes, I've seen a few plays...but I shall use one of the existing threads to talk about it.

Karma O0

Written By: woops on 08/10/06 at 12:56 am

Wonder if it's OK to post threads about stage performers?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/10/06 at 2:54 am

Most certainly!

If it deals with the Live Theatre, or anyone who deals with the world therein, then by all means!
Go for it!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/10/06 at 7:10 am

great idea here, Hawk! :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/01/06 at 11:52 pm

Always wanted to be involved in theater but was always too shy, still am.

I remember back in 1985 when my high school put on the play Damn Yankees, I was mesmerized! 
It was a very good production, which I highly enjoyed.  Then in 1987, they put on Peter Pan, and one of my friends got the lead of Peter Pan and his sister was Wendy...I don't really remember now  ??? :(.  But either way, I was so proud, and I really enjoyed the production.)

I could never fit theatre into my high school schedule, I had chosen band instead, which took up way too much time.

I remember back when I was in 6th grade, I tried out for the high school production of Sound of Music.  Needless to say, I can't act my way out of a paper bag, so I didn't get it.  I probably would not have been able to be in it anyways, even I *had* been cast, my family would have never afforded the costumes.  :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/19/07 at 10:13 pm

Cornmeal

Written By: Tia on 08/05/07 at 6:29 pm

i'm confused, why is the more than a decade board becoming a theater board without the name being changed? shouldn't there be a theater board? where's the more-than-a-decade stuff gonna go? and if this is going to be about theater stuff but that's not going to be indicated in the name of the board, how are people going to know the theater stuff is going to go here? i must be missing something.

i used to moderate this board, of course, and lost mod status when i deleted my account but since the other decade boards appear to be getting along fine without moderators and i noticed this one seemed to be too i decided not to do anything about it. but now i'm all curious what's going on, cuz this sorta throws me. if a theater board is going to be created it seems the best thing would be to create one, not put it in a board that was originally for another purpose. (and, yes, i don't mean to be proprietary but was also originally an idea i'd come up with.) ???

Written By: Tia on 08/05/07 at 6:44 pm

or did you just mean this thread is supposed to be about theater etc.? if so, i misunderstood, and it's totally appropriate, and as you were.

i coulda sworn there was a whole theater board once upon a time. am i imagining things?

incidentally, i was the lead in my eighth grade produciton of you cant take it with you. and i was in ATT in high school. we totally looked down on stage crew.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/06/07 at 4:51 pm

or did you just mean this thread is supposed to be about theater etc.? if so, i misunderstood, and it's totally appropriate, and as you were.

i coulda sworn there was a whole theater board once upon a time. am i imagining things?

incidentally, i was the lead in my eighth grade produciton of you cant take it with you. and i was in ATT in high school. we totally looked down on stage crew.

There was a theatre board originally, but it was incorporated into the "More Than A Decade" thread.
Original title: "All The World's A Stage"

Written By: Tam on 08/07/07 at 11:42 am

This thread was the original thread that introduced "All the world's a stage"

I have now unstickied it.... ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...