» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What Play/Show Are You Dying To See?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/06 at 4:15 pm

For me it is Phantom of the Opera. Yeah, I have the video but it is just not the same as seeing it on stage. We are about 6 hours from NYC, 4 hours from Boston and 6 hours from Montreal so it is really hard to see any MAJOR performances around here. (Yeah, we do have local theatre but they have problems with putting on BIG productions-like Phantom is).

Cat

Subject: Re: What Play/Show Are You Dying To See?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/09/06 at 11:19 pm

I'd like to see how they did Hairspray on stage. I love the movie and would love to see it in the theater. Also, the Lion King and the Producers.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/10/06 at 7:11 am

I'd like to see how they did Hairspray on stage. I love the movie and would love to see it in the theater. Also, the Lion King and the Producers.

Yes, definitely Hairspray....and Rent.

Written By: Gis on 08/10/06 at 11:26 am

Hmm, I really wanted to see Brigadoon when it was on in London but that didn't happen, sadly I didn't get to see Singing in the rain there either, I did see a dreadful version here in Oxford.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/06 at 1:00 pm

I would also love to see A Little Night Music (another Stephen Sondheim show)

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/10/06 at 2:13 pm

Two specific shows I'd love to see:

-Jekyll & Hyde
-Working (the Studs Turkel musical)

Written By: spaceace on 10/22/06 at 6:22 pm

A really good off Broadway version of either "Fiddler on the Roof" or "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown".  Opps that's two. :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/28/06 at 2:45 am

I would love productions of Spamalot and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels to come to Australia. And Wicked as I have a few friends who saw in on Broadway and loved it.

Am thinking of flying to Sydney in the new year to see the brand spanking new production of Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical !! 

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/15/06 at 5:20 am

I would love productions of Spamalot and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels to come to Australia.

Spam-A-Lot!!!!!!

(But I'm Not Dead, Yet!)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/06 at 8:09 am

I've always wanted to see, "Cats"....and now my husband bought us tickests to a presentation that takes place on my birthday, in January...I am pretty much stoked! :)

Written By: La Roche on 11/15/06 at 8:18 am

For me it is Phantom of the Opera.

.. it's a dirty secret of mine.. but.. I too would quite like to see Phantom of the Opera.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/06 at 8:24 am

.. it's a dirty secret of mine.. but.. I too would quite like to see Phantom of the Opera.

Phantom is amazing! I saw it 2 times in Canada, and once in Pittsburgh. Believe me, my husband was NEVER into seeing plays/musicals....but once he saw this one, he is excited to see more. ;)

Written By: La Roche on 11/15/06 at 8:29 am

Phantom is amazing! I saw it 2 times in Canada, and once in Pittsburgh. Believe me, my husband was NEVER into seeing plays/musicals....but once he saw this one, he is excited to see more. ;)

As you may or may not know, one of the first Maiden songs ever released was 'Phantom of the Opera'. The story kind of plays out over the song and I thought it sounded really quite entertaining. Then I discovered that Paul Stanley played the Phantom in Toronto and thought.. ok, really ought to see this.  ;D

Written By: spaceace on 12/08/06 at 8:27 pm

"Pippin" Featuring Micky Dolenz.  I'm going to see it on Sunday.  I'll tell you all how it went. 8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/06 at 8:39 pm

The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil

Written By: SG15Z on 12/11/06 at 10:46 am

I can't wait to see Wicked, thankfully I get to see it this April! Oh I can't wait!

Others I haven't seen but would LOVE to:
Cats
Lion King
Guys and Dolls (Only saw the movie and want to see it live on stage)

Plus I woul love to see Singing in the Rain again. That was sooo good when I saw it in Houston a few years ago, and I hope it comes back. It's such a good musical!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 10:58 am

I can't wait to see Wicked, thankfully I get to see it this April! Oh I can't wait!

Others I haven't seen but would LOVE to:
Cats
Lion King
Guys and Dolls (Only saw the movie and want to see it live on stage)

Plus I woul love to see Singing in the Rain again. That was sooo good when I saw it in Houston a few years ago, and I hope it comes back. It's such a good musical!

oh, you are so lucky that you get to see Wicked....I wanted to see it when it came here...but it was sold out instantly.  I am, however, seeing "Cats" in January...so I am stoked about that. :)

Written By: SG15Z on 12/11/06 at 12:23 pm

oh, you are so lucky that you get to see Wicked....I wanted to see it when it came here...but it was sold out instantly.  I am, however, seeing "Cats" in January...so I am stoked about that. :)

I know, as soon as I heard about it I went to ticketmaster and bought the tickets. I sooo can't wait. It cost me a lot but it'll be worth it. I wish I could see Cats. It came to houston a while back but I totally missed it, and I'll have to wait till they decide to do it again.... :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 12:23 pm

I know, as soon as I heard about it I went to ticketmaster and bought the tickets. I sooo can't wait. It cost me a lot but it'll be worth it. I wish I could see Cats. It came to houston a while back but I totally missed it, and I'll have to wait till they decide to do it again.... :(

you let me know how you liked Wicked...and I'll let you know how I liked Cats! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/06 at 3:43 pm

I have the video of Cats which basically satified my urge to see it (though, to see it on stage would be soooo much better). However, I have a hard time watching it now. Grisabella is basically my cat who is no longer with us.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  I was watching it with my step-daughter and I told her that Grisabella was Sheena. Half way through the movie, she turned to me and said, "You're right. That IS Sheena." I can't watch it without bawling my eyes out.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...