» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Deborah Gibson: All Around Entertainer

Written By: woops on 08/10/06 at 5:37 am

Most of you may be familiar with Deborah Gibson as the '80's Pop Princess, but she's also a well known stage actress who's been doing over a dozen plays for over a decade.  

'80's pop princess Debbie Gibson (then)
http://www.traxusa.com/Wall_of_Fame/stars/debbiegibson.gif

Deborah Gibson, stage actress (now)
http://www.broadwayworld.com/bios/headshots/headshot111111111.jpg

Biography:
Deborah Gibson is a creative force in the entertainment industry who does it all! She has single handedly transcended music and entertainment trends and fads. Deborah stands poised at the top, embarking on the second phase of her hugely successful pop career.

Deborah Gibson exploded on the pop music scene at the tender age of 16. She quickly became the youngest person ever to write, produce and perform a #1 single (

Subject: Re: Deborah Gibson: All Around Entertainer

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/10/06 at 2:06 pm

This is a stab in the dark, of course...  :D

I am guessing you know this, because you are a fan?

I can see that this is one very versatile performer, and I doff my hat to her!

If she has also been in films, then she is what we in the business call a "Triple Threat".

Another such performer is Tim Curry.

Written By: woops on 08/10/06 at 3:32 pm

She appeared on a few indie flicks like "My Ex Girlfriend's Wedding Reception", "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend", and recently appeared on "The Coffee Date".  She was also an extra in the movie "Ghostbusters", though only seen for a few seconds in the tavern.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/10/06 at 5:18 pm

I would then say that this qualifies her as a "Triple Threat"!

Not bad!

Written By: Rock Roll on 07/06/07 at 11:56 pm

Debbie Gibson is the Britney Spears of the 80s.  Her time has passed, just like Britney's has

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/07 at 11:58 pm

I would not call her an all round singer, she is quite slim.

Written By: woops on 07/07/07 at 6:53 pm

Here's a short bio

And she's far from being an '80's B.S.

from Urban Dictionary

Debbie Gibson

A pop singer/songwriter from the 1980's known for hits like "Only In My Dreams", "Shake Your Love", "Lost In Your Eyes", and "Foolish Beat", which made her the youngest artist to write, produce, and record a #1 hit in 1988 at age 17. During her reign as pop princess, she had 9 top 40 hits and made black hats and vests a popular fashion trend.

http://www.deb.org/ftp/pictures/out_of_the_blue/dgshface2.gif

Born Deborah Ann Gibson in 1970, she wrote songs since she was a small child and was taught to play piano by Mortin Estrin, who also taught Billy Joel. She was part of a chior that performed at the Metropolitan Opera House at age 8 with the likes of Placido Domingo.
Deb also appeared on tv commercials, some community theatre and started recording music at age 12, which she was signed to Atlantic Records in 1986 at age 16.

After her "Electric Youth" fizzled, she became a successful stage actress who appeared on musicals like "Les Miserables", "Grease", and "Cabaret". She still releases good albums like "Think With Your Heart" & "MYOB" despite not being on a major label anymore. Though unfortunately, most people still think of her as the '80's pop princess.

Unlike current young pop acts like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and even Ashley Tisdale, she actually has talent and is more focused on her career as an actress & singer instead of getting attention for nothing. Not to mention that she still looks great without looking like a human Barbie doll like Pamela Anderson.

http://dev.out.com/images/0/DeborahGibson.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...