» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Behind The Scenes

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/03/06 at 4:55 am

Any good performer knows that although the Players make the play come alive, there MUST be a world in which the Players exist.

For some, the spotlight is too intimidating.
However, there are other ways to serve the World of Live Theatre-

Stage hands, sound technicians, costumers, PR (public relations), set builders, choreographers.
All of these are vital elements, as well!

If you have any experiences along these lines, and you wish to share, -OR- if you want to find out more about them, then by all means, post here!

Subject: Re: Behind The Scenes

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/06 at 12:12 pm

I was "production assistant" when I did summer stock. In other words, I was "gofer" to the stage manager. I also "worked" the props table on stage right. So yeah, a stage hand was more like it. Ah, the stories I could tell.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/06/06 at 11:10 am

Not really me but my family...

My dad and uncle are wig makers and my cousins are make-up artists.  My father has done wigs for many, many shows.  I've been in "the shop" when they were fitting actors for shows.  Years ago I saw the wigs for Annie being made.  Currently he's working on the wigs for Spamalot (tour) and Radio City Music Christmas show. 

Also my uncle used to make stage make-up, I used to work in the store.  Actors would come in all the time for thier make-up.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/06/06 at 11:15 am

I've been stage manager and done props for several productions.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/06/06 at 1:28 pm

Which ones, Quirk?

Written By: CeeKay on 09/28/06 at 11:47 am

Not me.  I am technically disfunctional.

Check for new replies or respond here...