» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: David Hasselhoff lands Producers role.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/06 at 11:45 am

David Hasselhoff has signed up to star in hit musical The Producers when it begins its run in Las Vegas next year.
Hasselhoff, 54, will don a dress the flamboyant gay director Roger DeBris in the show, based on Mel Brooks' film.

"He is perfect for Roger DeBris because he has the best legs in Hollywood," Brooks said.

The musical opens at the Paris Las Vegas hotel on 31 January. Brad Oscar will play producer Max Bialystock. The part of Leo Bloom is still to be cast.

"I am honoured to be a part of anything Mel Brooks is involved with," said Hasselhoff, who has previously starred in Broadway shows Jekyll and Hyde and Chicago.

Subject: Re: David Hasselhoff lands Producers role.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/05/06 at 3:13 am

oh god - i shudder at the very thought. Are there not like 4 million more talented acting males who could have had that role ???

Written By: Paul on 11/08/06 at 8:01 am

David Hasselhoff has signed up to star in hit musical The Producers when it begins its run in Las Vegas next year.
Hasselhoff, 54, will don a dress the flamboyant gay director Roger DeBris in the show, based on Mel Brooks' film.

Let's hope he manages to stay sober...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/06 at 12:29 pm

Let's hope he manages to stay sober...
...so the opening party has been cancelled, or their are not telling DH the location of the reception?

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/11/06 at 4:03 am

So when is he meant to be doing this role ?  He flew into Aus this week to start filming on a new season of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and the jokes have already started on how long he can stay "dry".

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/06 at 4:06 am

So when is he meant to be doing this role ?  He flew into Aus this week to start filming on a new season of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and the jokes have already started on how long he can stay "dry".

"He is perfect for Roger DeBris because he has the best legs in Hollywood," Brooks said.

The musical opens at the Paris Las Vegas hotel on 31 January. Brad Oscar will play producer Max Bialystock. The part of Leo Bloom is still to be cast.

"I am honoured to be a part of anything Mel Brooks is involved with," said Hasselhoff, who has previously starred in Broadway shows Jekyll and Hyde and Chicago.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/15/06 at 5:15 am

David Hasselhoff in "Producers" is the equivalent of David Arquette being cast as Frank N. Furter in "Rocky Horror"....absurd, impossibly ludicrous, and in extreme bad taste.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/06 at 9:47 am

David Hasselhoff in "Producers" is the equivalent of David Arquette being cast as Frank N. Furter in "Rocky Horror"....absurd, impossibly ludicrous, and in extreme bad taste.
...but will it work?

Check for new replies or respond here...