» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Best Iron Maiden Album?!

Written By: La Roche on 12/11/06 at 11:01 am

UP THE IRONS!!

Maiden transcend space and time.. never mind mere human decades.

So which album is the best, why?

I'm gonna say choose 2.. cus I couldn't choose just one, no way.

I'm gonna include some of the biggest live albums as well, 'cus the guys always change and mess around with the songs there. I know Rime of the Ancient Mariner is always better live.

Subject: Re: Best Iron Maiden Album?!

Written By: Paul on 12/11/06 at 11:48 am

'Number Of The Beast' and 'Piece Of Mind'...

'Seventh Son...' was coherently good, but they seemed to lose their way for a while after it...

Written By: La Roche on 12/11/06 at 11:51 am

'Number Of The Beast' and 'Piece Of Mind'...

'Seventh Son...' was coherently good, but they seemed to lose their way for a while after it...

Seventh son had some of the biggest hits on it, but in my opinion, it wasn't as good as the two before it.
You're right, it took a few albums for them to get back on track. I think Virtual XI could possibly be considerd the worst album they released.. even that had some redeeming features, Futureal, The Clansmen, Two worlds collide.. those were decent tracks.

I'd have chosen Number of the Beast or Powerslave to go with Piece of Mind, but Brave New World was a) a kickass album and b) it really shook everyone and said "Yo, We're Iron Freakin Maiden, where's the metal gone?!"

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/06 at 10:35 pm

Powerslave and Seventh Son of A Seventh Son.  The latter, because "Can I Play With Madness" is like just so awesome 8)

Written By: Tia on 12/11/06 at 11:17 pm

powerslave!

Written By: La Roche on 12/13/06 at 9:24 am

Powerslave and Seventh Son of A Seventh Son.  The latter, because "Can I Play With Madness" is like just so awesome 8)

You're saying Seventh Son.. who else did? I'm curious. Can I play with Madness is cool.. but the album to me was kinda a blast of hot air after the brilliance of Powerslave.

powerslave!

Well duh, saw that coming. In the village Mike.

Written By: Tia on 12/13/06 at 10:56 am

back in the village... losfer words... there's some great stuff on that album.

Written By: La Roche on 12/13/06 at 11:52 am

back in the village... losfer words... there's some great stuff on that album.

Aces High, Powerslave, Rime.. damn.. I need to change my vote.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/13/06 at 1:50 pm

Which one is their arena rock album?

Written By: Tia on 12/13/06 at 2:03 pm

;D

Written By: La Roche on 12/13/06 at 2:10 pm

Better ask Nally, he seems to be the expert on Maiden's arena rock phase.. a phase of which I'm woefully unaware, being only a minor HUGE MAIDEN FREAK.

Written By: Davester on 12/14/06 at 12:37 am

I took Piece of Mind and Somewhere In Time...

I was never a big Iron Maiden fan, but I did own these two albums, both given to me in high school by a friend who was purging his collection...

"Wasted Years" is one of my favorites even if it's a bit radio friendly...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/14/06 at 12:41 am

Better ask Nally, he seems to be the expert on Maiden's arena rock phase.. a phase of which I'm woefully unaware, being only a minor HUGE MAIDEN FREAK.

The 'n' is not capitalized.  How dare you make that mistake?

Written By: La Roche on 12/14/06 at 2:54 pm

I took Piece of Mind and Somewhere In Time...

I was never a big Iron Maiden fan, but I did own these two albums, both given to me in high school by a friend who was purging his collection...

"Wasted Years" is one of my favorites even if it's a bit radio friendly...

Actually, wasted years is a favorite of mine.

Maiden managed to get some decent air time without doing any major style changes, which is impressive.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/19/06 at 4:57 am

I'll be clich

Written By: Gis on 12/21/06 at 11:47 am

My other half is having to design a t-shirt for Dave Murray's 50th birthday, it's a surprise for him at their London gig that is on the actual day or something. The design looks quite cool. 

Written By: La Roche on 12/21/06 at 11:49 am

My other half is having to design a t-shirt for Dave Murray's 50th birthday, it's a surprise for him at their London gig that is on the actual day or something. The design looks quite cool. 

Sweet!!

What's he doing, like I mean.. what's on it?

Written By: Gis on 12/21/06 at 12:12 pm

it's got the latest tour design on it, but small and at the top then it's like a football shirt with 'Murray' above a big 50 and under that it says 'half a ton of metal'.

Written By: La Roche on 12/21/06 at 12:32 pm

it's got the latest tour design on it, but small and at the top then it's like a football shirt with 'Murray' above a big 50 and under that it says 'half a ton of metal'.

Sweet!

I want one.  ;D

Written By: Snoopygirl on 12/22/06 at 9:01 pm

I'll go with The Number of the Beast  and Piece of Mind cause they were the two first that I bought of them.

Check for new replies or respond here...