» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bruce Campbell

Written By: KKay on 12/23/06 at 9:43 pm

Come on.. you know you love him!  from Evil Dead to ...well.....anyway, he's a honey and the the ladie's Scream King; our answer to your Jamie Lee Curtis!

he can chase me with that chainsaw any day!

Subject: Re: Bruce Campbell

Written By: whistledog on 12/24/06 at 12:27 am

Bruce Campbell is to Sam Raimi what DeNiro is to Scorsese 8)

My favourite Bruce Campbell role was in "Serving Sara". He played such a great sleazeball ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/24/06 at 12:57 am

I love this guy, and i didn't know his name. He has the best cheesy alien/sci-fi/monster movies. they are great and he's funny.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/24/06 at 1:34 am

He did a great portrayal of a 70 year-old Elvis Presley in "Bubba Ho-Tep."  ;D

Written By: KKay on 12/24/06 at 7:59 am

Ohhhh yeah! Gee, he's great. I love the Evil Dead Game for Playstation..he did his own voice.  I'ts hysterical. Lots of classic Campbell wisecracks.
I think he has a brother that is in the movies too. A guy that looks just like him with the same last name. He was in a really bad film about goofy aliens. I"ll have to do some research on the interweb.
Hmmm....

But Bruce. ahhh, Bruce. Army of Darkness! Haaaaahaaa that's where he gets the chainsaw.

Written By: Tia on 12/24/06 at 12:56 pm

Come on.. you know you love him!  from Evil Dead to ...well.....anyway, he's a honey and the the ladie's Scream King; our answer to your Jamie Lee Curtis!

he can chase me with that chainsaw any day!

there's a guy at RC who uses that as his avatar, that exact picture.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/24/06 at 4:59 pm

Bruce Campbell stole his scenes in the Spider-Man movies.  Bruce Campbell = roxxorz.

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/01/07 at 6:45 pm

Bruce rocks!

I love this guy. Funny how in the first Evil Dead, he wasn't too comical. Then in the second one and Army of Darkness it was more of a comedy/horror in my opinion. He was awesome in Bubba Ho-Tep. I still  have to add that to my collection. I left my mom watch that one since she is a big Elvis fan and she thought he was hilarious in it.

My favorite line is AOD is when he was burying Evil Ash and he says " what's that on your face?" or something to that effect and proceeds to throw dirt on him.
Plus, I think he's hot too... ::)

Written By: KKay on 01/01/07 at 8:32 pm

You rock .

I love when anyone posts on this site...just so i can see his picture again...

karma to you for loving the b.c.

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/13/07 at 12:23 am

I seem to recall that he also played a character in Xena called, I think, the king of thieves. It was something like that. Raimey sure loves to use him in his work, doesn't he? He was hillarious as Ash.

Written By: KKay on 01/13/07 at 9:21 am

Now he's doing that funny Old Spice commercial. I love it.

he really is funny, he just never seems to be concentrating....what IS it about him!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/07 at 10:42 am

He's one my favorite actors.  If you can check out his book, If Chins Could Kill.

It's a very funny book.

http://www.bookcloseouts.com/images/large/isbn031/0312242646-l.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/07 at 10:46 am

Here's a link to the most classiest ad ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxUqNvCHj30

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/24/07 at 1:04 pm

I love that movie, though I doubt I'd help him with his ointment.

Written By: KKay on 01/25/07 at 9:13 am

he's even good in the Army of Darkness for Playstation, which I have and love...

Written By: Tia on 01/25/07 at 9:42 am

on a somewhat related note, i was never that into jamie lee curtis. i mean i like her and think she's very smart and talented, but i was never that hot for her.

for scream queens i'll tell ya who i like...

uh oh, never mind. i feel a thread coming on.

Written By: KKay on 01/25/07 at 10:19 am

on a somewhat related note, i was never that into jamie lee curtis. i mean i like her and think she's very smart and talented, but i was never that hot for her.

for scream queens i'll tell ya who i like...

uh oh, never mind. i feel a thread coming on.

excellent!o one of my favorite topics.

thread on, maestro.

Written By: Tia on 01/25/07 at 10:56 am

excellent!o one of my favorite topics.

thread on, maestro.
i started it and then the browser crashed and i lost everything! i sobbed for many days. which is funny cuz it was like, an hour ago

i was already gettin' deep. like, for instance, who remembers amy steel from f13p2? effin' awesome. and who recognized virginia madsen, the chick from "candyman", being amazing in her starring role in "sideways"? scream kweenz makin' good!

i dunno, maybe i'll try again later. or just start a scream queen web page.

Written By: KKay on 01/25/07 at 11:28 am

i started it and then the browser crashed and i lost everything! i sobbed for many days. which is funny cuz it was like, an hour ago

i was already gettin' deep. like, for instance, who remembers amy steel from f13p2? effin' awesome. and who recognized virginia madsen, the chick from "candyman", being amazing in her starring role in "sideways"? scream kweenz makin' good!

i dunno, maybe i'll try again later. or just start a scream queen web page.

I love it. CAndyman is one of my favorites!....
and i'm really happy to see Tia back, though exhausted.

Written By: Tia on 01/25/07 at 11:39 am

I love it. CAndyman is one of my favorites!....
and i'm really happy to see Tia back, though exhausted.
i tried not to be tia. i really did.

yeah, candyman sorta got underappreciated, i thought. (i started to do the candyman entry on the poll and was thinking, eh, no one will even remember this movie. then i decided to do it after all.) i seem to remember even liking the sequel! so it's cool to see the candyman final girl made good.

candyman dude himself's not let any moss grow under him either. he was great too... scary mufer in that movie.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0865302/

okay, maybe i'll try the poll again.

Written By: Jessica on 01/26/07 at 10:52 am

Love him.

He used to do a little known show in 2000 called "Jack of All Trades". It was hilarious.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0220906/

Ooh, and I see it's on DVD! Awesome.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/03/07 at 4:49 am

Bruce Campbell is to Sam Raimi what DeNiro is to Scorsese 8)
Yes, but we all know that the REAL star of Sam Rami's movies is his 1973 Oldsmobile.  :D :D :D

http://www.sweatpantserection.com/stories/img/73/sam-raimi-the-classic.jpg

Written By: KKay on 02/03/07 at 9:47 am

that's true.

Check for new replies or respond here...