» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Weird Al song survey....

Written By: Step-chan on 12/31/06 at 1:48 pm

1. Best song parody(s):

2. Best original song(s):

3. Best stylized parody(s):

4. Weirdest original song(s)

5. Weirdest song parody(s):

6. Cutest original song(s):

7. Cutest song parody(s):

You can list more than one song per category.

Subject: Re: Weird Al song survey....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/02/07 at 7:42 pm

1. Best song parody(s):  Amish Paradise

2. Best original song(s):    The Night Santa Went Crazy

3. Best stylized parody(s):  The Alternative Polka, I guess

4. Weirdest original song(s)    Same as above

5. Weirdest song parody(s):    The one he did to the Complicated song by Avril Lavigne

6. Cutest original song(s):    Same as above

7. Cutest song parody(s):    Jurassic Park

Written By: Step-chan on 01/04/07 at 2:24 pm

1. Best song parody(s): White and Nerdy, Smells like Nirvana

2. Best original song(s): Melanie

3. Best stylized parody(s): Dare to be stupid, Buy me a condo

4. Weirdest original song(s): The night Santa went crazy

5. Weirdest song parody(s): Like a surgeon(that's about the weirdest one I can think of at the moment. I don't own every album)

6. Cutest original song/style parody(s): Buy me a condo, Melanie

7. Cutest song parody(s): Jurassic Park(I agree, Rice Cube. I'm glad he didn't make as long as the original, however).

His parody of "Complicated" is called "A Complicated Song".

A Stylized parody is an original song that plays in the style of a certain band(like "Germs", which is styled after Nine Inch Nails), although I guess his polka medleys are almost like style parodies.

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/11/07 at 5:44 pm

1. Best song parody(s): White and Nerdy

2. Best original song(s): One More Minute

3. Best stylized parody(s): Bohemian Rhapsody

4. Weirdest original song(s): Talk Soup

5. Weirdest song parody(s): Ahmish Paradise

6. Cutest original song(s): Franks 2000 inch TV

7. Cutest song parody(s): Oh Ricky

Written By: Mushroom on 01/26/07 at 5:47 pm

1. Best song parody(s):  Ricky

2. Best original song(s):  Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung

3. Best stylized parody(s):  Mr. Popeil  (I even won $20 from somebody who SWORE the song was the B-52s)

4. Weirdest original song(s)  Gotta Boogie

5. Weirdest song parody(s):  Trapped In The Drive-Thru Lane

6. Cutest original song(s):  Weasel Stomping Day

7. Cutest song parody(s):  Ode To A Superhero

Written By: Step-chan on 01/28/07 at 1:26 pm

1. Best song parody(s):  Ricky

2. Best original song(s):  Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung

3. Best stylized parody(s):  Mr. Popeil  (I even won $20 from somebody who SWORE the song was the B-52s)

4. Weirdest original song(s)  Gotta Boogie

5. Weirdest song parody(s):  Trapped In The Drive-Thru Lane

6. Cutest original song(s):  Weasel Stomping Day

7. Cutest song parody(s):  Ode To A Superhero

Mr. Popeil is in the B-52's style, but it's obvious that Weird Al is the one that's singing. They needed to do their homework.

Written By: Mushroom on 01/31/07 at 6:19 pm

Mr. Popeil is in the B-52's style, but it's obvious that Weird Al is the one that's singing. They needed to do their homework.

I know.  And the funny thing was, it was my tape that was playing at the time!  My buddy listened for a few seconds, and said "Hey, that must be a new B-52's song!"  Granted, this was in 1990, and their "Cosmic Thing" CD had just been released (which I also owned).

I tried to tell him it was Weird Al, and he said no way, it is the B-52's.  I even told him it was my tape so I should know who it was.  He finally said "I know it's the B-52's, I bet ya $20 it's the B-52's."

I finally took his bet, then took the tape out of my radio and handed it to him.  I would have let it go at that, but he made the bet in front of 3 other people, and they razzed him about it.  He paid me, because the last thing you want to be known as in the military is somebody who welches on bets.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/01/07 at 4:32 pm

I know.  And the funny thing was, it was my tape that was playing at the time!  My buddy listened for a few seconds, and said "Hey, that must be a new B-52's song!"  Granted, this was in 1990, and their "Cosmic Thing" CD had just been released (which I also owned).

I tried to tell him it was Weird Al, and he said no way, it is the B-52's.  I even told him it was my tape so I should know who it was.  He finally said "I know it's the B-52's, I bet ya $20 it's the B-52's."

I finally took his bet, then took the tape out of my radio and handed it to him.  I would have let it go at that, but he made the bet in front of 3 other people, and they razzed him about it.  He paid me, because the last thing you want to be known as in the military is somebody who welches on bets.

That would be bad. I'm not a betting guy myself(and others have tried to get me to bet).

Check for new replies or respond here...