» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The story of Rapunzel defies the laws of physics

Written By: Satish on 01/19/07 at 9:05 pm

You know that fairy tale, Rapunzel? It's about a woman named Rapunzel who's trapped in a tower with no way down. She falls in love with a prince, and the only he can meet her is if she lets her hair grow very long so he can climb up to her window.

I was just thinking.... doesn't this story violate the laws of physics? There's no way a normal human being's hair follices would ever be strong enough to support the weight of another person. In real life, Rapunzel's scalp would have been ripped off her head!

Subject: Re: The story of Rapunzel defies the laws of physics

Written By: Red Ant on 01/19/07 at 11:17 pm

Human hair is stronger than steel wire of the same thickness.

See this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_Hang

Written By: Jessica on 01/20/07 at 12:45 am

Maybe she used Garnier Fructis. It's supposed to make your hair five times stronger.

Written By: Satish on 01/20/07 at 1:56 pm

Human hair is stronger than steel wire of the same thickness.

See this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_Hang

Well, the hair might be strong, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the follicle, where the hair is connected to the skin. That's not strong! Just try pulling your own hair really hard and see how much it hurts!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/07 at 2:21 pm

Maybe she wrapped her hair around something to give it leverage-and wouldn't pull at her roots.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 01/20/07 at 3:59 pm

Seeing that we discussing violating the laws of physics in FAIRYTALES, how did the three bears cook porridge
without opposible thumbs? How did Paul Bunyun's Ox turn blue, and where did he shop for clothes?
Building a house out of gingerbread violates building codes, doesn't it? where did the big bad wolf learn to speak?

for Christ sake, it's just a fairytale, it's not supposed to make sense.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/07 at 4:26 pm

Seeing that we discussing violating the laws of physics in FAIRYTALES, how did the three bears cook porridge
without opposible thumbs? How did Paul Bunyun's Ox turn blue, and where did he shop for clothes?
Building a house out of gingerbread violates building codes, doesn't it? where did the big bad wolf learn to speak?

for Christ sake, it's just a fairytale, it's not supposed to make sense.

I was going to post a similar statement and I read it to Carlos and he said, "Party pooper" so I change my post. But, here is another one-it is hard to believe that Cinderella was the only one in her kingdom with that shoe size.

Cat

Written By: Max Power on 01/20/07 at 4:35 pm

The prince's a womanizer like James Bond.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/07 at 5:00 pm

The prince's a womanizer like James Bond.

At least he was in the play "Into the Woods".  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Max Power on 01/23/07 at 3:10 pm

At least he was in the play "Into the Woods".  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

and " Purple Rain ".

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/23/07 at 3:37 pm

Maybe she used Garnier Fructis. It's supposed to make your hair five times stronger.

;D

I was going to post a similar statement and I read it to Carlos and he said, "Party pooper" so I change my post. But, here is another one-it is hard to believe that Cinderella was the only one in her kingdom with that shoe size.

Cat

And really, how practical are glass slippers?  You trip one time, and crack!  They're gone forever.  Not to mention what you'd have to spend on band aids.  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/07 at 2:10 am

Where does that leave Jack and the Beanstalk? 
Talk about off the charts!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/27/07 at 4:33 am

But, here is another one-it is hard to believe that Cinderella was the only one in her kingdom with that shoe size.

Cat
Maybe she had really odd shaped feet, and needed specially made shoes not bought at the local shoe store.

Check for new replies or respond here...