» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Most Classic Kim Richards Lines

Written By: Tia on 03/25/07 at 7:59 pm

I'm sure everyone knows them all but just in case, some context.

1. From Little House on the Prairie (1974). Olga is ostracized because one of her legs is shorter than the other. Michael Landon offers to make her an elevator shoe so she can play with the other children but her father is in denial and won't allow it. Michael Landon makes it anyway and gives it to her in secret; her father is furious when he finds out but she entreats him to watch her play and he is so touched he lets her keep the shoe and there isn't a dry eye in th house.

2. From Escape to Witch Mountain (1975). The evil mr. deranian informs tia and tony that mr. bolt "owns everything in sight" and tia, without missing a beat, shoots back with this fine and rather poetic retort.

3. From Special Delivery (1977). A treacherous young Juliette tries to entrap our hero by asking him to help her across the street and then screaming at him that he's a "dirty bad man" until a policeman comes over to investigate. When the matter's cleared up and Juliette is asked to apologize, she digs in her heels and hilarity ensues.

4. From Return From Witch Mountain (1978). Tony has been hypnotized by a mad scientist and forced to do his evil bidding. The scientist, determining that tia is the only obstacle between him and world domination, orders tony to turn his mental powers against her, leading her to express her mystification at his hurtful betrayal.

5. From Hello Larry (1979-80). Ruthie's parents are divorced and when her estranged mother flies into town for a few days for a visit she does everything in her power to try and get them back together. But it soon becomes plain to everyone but her that they're terrible for each other. Her sister tells her she's "spinning her wheels" and her reply both acknowledge the futility of what she's doing and reiterate that even though she's knows it's hopeless, she plans to keep doing it. What her character lacks in wisdom she more than makes up for with passionate dedication.

6. From Meatballs 2 (1984). Cheryl is an extraterrestrial who looks like a regular person. But because she's from another planet she doesn't know about the birds and the bees. Her girlfriends at camp try to help her by showing her a magazine full of naked men and as they're flipping through, one of them comments on the generous endowments of one of them, prompting Cheryl to pose a revealing query.

7. From Black Snake Moan (2007). Rae's mom, played by KR, is a negligent mother who allowed Rae's stepfather to molest her as a child. This leads to problems for Rae later in life, as she indulges in a string of sexual affairs in a futile quest for love. Finally she confronts her mother to ask her why she let Rae be molested, leading to a ferocious and incredibly foul-mouthed rejoinder.

Subject: Re: The Most Classic Kim Richards Lines

Written By: whistledog on 03/25/07 at 8:46 pm

You forgot the one where she says "I am a big movie star.  Why has no one heard of me before" lol

I only ever really saw her in that Dukes of Hazzard Episode

Written By: Tia on 03/25/07 at 9:03 pm

You forgot the one where she says "I am a big movie star.  Why has no one heard of me before" lol

I only ever really saw her in that Dukes of Hazzard Episode
maybe i'll throw that in and see if she's got any real standout lines in that. i seem to remember some pretty decent stuff when she's talking about all the kind of father she dreamed of having.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/25/07 at 9:21 pm

This is so tough.  I mean, REAL tough.  It's a tie between 5 and 7. 

Written By: Tia on 03/25/07 at 9:23 pm

This is so tough.  I mean, REAL tough.  It's a tie between 5 and 7. 
i'm thinking some people might claim to be unfamiliar with some of these lines. scandalous though i find this. don't they make people study her in school? what gives?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/25/07 at 9:24 pm

i'm thinking some people might claim to be unfamiliar with some of these lines. scandalous though i find this. don't they make people study her in school? what gives?

When I became a Junior, the Introduction to Kim Richards course had just been dropped.

Written By: Tia on 03/25/07 at 9:28 pm

When I became a Junior, the Introduction to Kim Richards course had just been dropped.
damn ivory tower elitists! meanwhile bill can get doctoral dissertations on madonna out the wazoo. it's so unfair.

that's actually true. people study madonna in grad school.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/26/07 at 12:42 am

#6  for it's adolescent genitalia humor

Written By: Tia on 03/26/07 at 12:51 am

#6  for it's adolescent genitalia humor
that quote is so kickass. that's some dialed-in kim right there.

Written By: Tia on 03/29/07 at 1:09 pm

i forgot a really good one! in "devil dog: the hound of hell" the family dog gets run over by a car and the family, trying to comfort kim richards' character, says, "now now. we can get another dog." and she says, all bummed out, "if something ever happened to me, would you say, 'we'll get another daughter?'"

so sad! :(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/07 at 6:12 pm

#2, since Escape is by far the best Kim Richards film ever. 

Written By: Tia on 03/29/07 at 10:16 pm

#2, since Escape is by far the best Kim Richards film ever. 
and by that you mean "escape to witch mountain." believe it or not she did another movie called "escape" in 1990. not nearly as good but she's 25 in it and terribly easy on the eyes.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/29/07 at 10:50 pm

and by that you mean "escape to witch mountain." believe it or not she did another movie called "escape" in 1990. not nearly as good but she's 25 in it and terribly easy on the eyes.

Completely unrelated to what you said, but she looks hot here:

http://www.hissandpop.com/celebrities/r/kimrichards/photos/015.jpg

Written By: Tia on 03/29/07 at 11:54 pm

Q.

F.

T.

Written By: Tia on 03/30/07 at 11:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWgAwOjL02k&mode=related&search=

Written By: La Roche on 03/30/07 at 1:43 pm

"I wanted Vanilla Twist." - BOOKA!~

Written By: Tia on 03/30/07 at 1:58 pm

"I wanted Vanilla Twist." - BOOKA!~
that was a choice moment, for sure. jodie foster in taxi driver? bfd!

Written By: Tia on 04/06/07 at 11:04 am

oo! because of my ritual death and rebirth i got to vote twice.

Written By: Marian on 04/06/07 at 11:40 am

She has as much makeup as laura did in the latter years of "Little house on the prairie"!LOL ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 1:33 pm

Excuse me! I promised I'd meet Ronnie at Woolworth's to look at wedding rings.

I'm shocked and appalled that this classic line from Tuff Turf didn't make the list.  Oh yeah I tied between 1 and 5

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 2:59 pm

believe it or not, i've only watched tuff turf once. i got it from netflix a couple weeks ago to try and rectify that but the dvd was cracked!

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 4:07 pm

believe it or not, i've only watched tuff turf once. i got it from netflix a couple weeks ago to try and rectify that but the dvd was cracked!

SACRILEGE! Dare I say we have a poser among us!

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 4:18 pm

SACRILEGE! Dare I say we have a poser among us!
kim richards fanhood countermove! i'm kinda down on that movie because she says making it was a bit of an ordeal. paul mones was apparently too rough during the rape scene and the fight scene at the end. >:( if i ever see him i'll give him a piece of my mind, for sure!

she says she quit movies because she had children but some people speculate that tuff turf drove her away from hollywood.

on the other hand, tuff turf DOES have robert downey jr. playing drums in a bowtie. and a perfectly prespammersite serenading scene featuring james spader. she says that during the shoot she and robert downey jr. would be chilling on the set making fun of spader and mones while they were running around being method actors, galavanting around between takes in character, acting like dweebs. i remember when i watched the movie i got the impression spader and KR didn't like each other.

Check for new replies or respond here...