» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Philippine jailhouse rocks to Thriller

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/07 at 6:54 am

An unusual physical fitness regime at a jail in the Philippines has attracted worldwide attention on the video sharing website, YouTube.

A clip of hundreds of prisoners in orange uniforms dancing to Michael Jackson's song Thriller has been watched more than 1.3 million times.

The routine is the brainchild of Byron Garcia, a security consultant for the Cebu provincial government.

He said it had helped "drastically" improve inmate behaviour.

And two former inmates have since become dancers.

Read more here.

Subject: Re: Philippine jailhouse rocks to Thriller

Written By: NbC on 07/28/07 at 6:54 am

Amazing how he was able to teach all those inmates to do such a complicated dance routine.  (complicated to me)  The guy in the white blouse is hilarious. 

What ever will boast moral and ease aggression is a good thing.  I mean we have to accept the fact that many of the inmates currently in jail will be released sooner or later.  Wouldn't we want them to be released with a better attitude and outlook. I know I would. 

Check for new replies or respond here...