» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Gilligan's Island: Marooned (Unaired Pilot)

Written By: loki 13 on 08/11/07 at 7:18 pm

Has anyone seen this episode. It has a different theme song, the Professor is a different actor and there is
Ginger and Bunny, both secretaries and different actresses. All in all, it wasn't very good.

If you can stand the constant stopping of the video here's the link;

http://video.aol.com/video/tv-gilligans-island-marooned-unaired-pilot/1828723

Subject: Re: Gilligan's Island: Marooned (Unaired Pilot)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/12/07 at 2:23 am

omg, the theme song is horrible  ;D  it's the worst. when it comes to Gilligan's Island, I'm all for the version we know and love and as for the Ginger or Mary Ann choice, I've always been a Ginger fan  8)  & I'm so glad the 2 women that are in the clip weren't the ones in the series.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/07 at 10:48 pm

when it comes to Gilligan's Island, I'm all for the version we know and love and as for the Ginger or Mary Ann choice, I've always been a Ginger fan 

I always figured Professor was banging both of 'em.  Think about it.  Skipper and Gilligan, "little buddy," you know where that's at, and Mr. Howell was so far in the closet he was in a box on the top shelf.  Nope, Professor was the ladies man.  Had to be.
8)

Actually, I had a back story for the castaways, though anachronistic,--they were all on the lam in the South Pacific because:

Skipper and Gilligan were cocaine runners out of favor with the Medillin cartel.
The Howells were wanted by the SEC for insider trading and laundering money for the Medillin cartel and were about to turn state's evidence.  Ginger, Thurston's mistress, warned them to get out of town because Esteban's goons were in Manhattan for them.
Ginger was a high-priced mafia whore who had the goods on the Kennedy boys.
Professor got caught selling atomic secrets to the Soviets.
Mary Ann was in the Weather Underground, suspected in several bank robberies, and the bombing at Madison.
:-\\

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/07 at 1:09 am

I saw the pilot years ago. Its as bad as I remember/

it wasn't until I saw the movie (that showed them getting off the island) as an adult that I understood why they really didn't mind being stuck there all that much.

I seems they tied the huts together with hemp rope and created a raft. I'm guessing being mariooned on an island full of hemp in the 60's was like a good thing right?  :D  Yeah when I saw it as a kid i had no clue what hemp was but now it all makes sense.

Check for new replies or respond here...