» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Music that puts you in a good mood?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/01/07 at 5:16 pm

For me, anything by Blondie, Debbie Harry, Deborah Gibson, Olivia Newton-John and Paula Abdul.

Subject: Re: Music that puts you in a good mood?

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/01/07 at 7:48 pm

My favorites from the 70's and 80's always put me in a great mood.  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/01/07 at 8:19 pm

Even though I like a good variety of music in general, my feelgood stuff that I'd gravitate towards first tends to be upbeat pop music from my comfort zone (roughly spanning 1981-1998).

I'd say pretty much any Phil Collins, Collective Soul, Hall and Oates, Paula Abdul, Eddie Money, Lionel Richie, Green Day, Van Halen, Chicago/Peter Cetera, old-school Michael Jackson, Wilson Philips, Bryan Adams and The Offspring just to name a few. Lots of new wave singles like "Take On Me" and "Down Under" as well as '90s ballads like "How Do You Talk To An Angel" or "Colors of the Wind", etc are right up there too.

Then of course Weird Al. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/01/07 at 10:25 pm

The Ramones, The Cars are two of my favorite "feel good" music groups.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/01/07 at 10:32 pm

i completely forgot about the cars. they are also defintely a feel-good band for me, too.

Written By: whistledog on 09/02/07 at 12:05 am

an obscure 80s group called Diamond in the Rough.  Recently I re-discovered them, and their music takes me right back to my youth.  I love it! 8)

Written By: Haynsoul on 09/02/07 at 5:01 am

As much as I hate to admit it, several disco songs puts me in a good mood.  :-\\

Mostly the 1hit wonders like A Taste of Honey or Yvonne Elliman or something.

The non-disco songs would probably be Summertime in the LBC by the Dove Shack or It Was a Good Day by Ice Cube (just to name a few).

Written By: danootaandme on 09/02/07 at 5:05 am

Anything with a funky beat    8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/02/07 at 8:45 pm

As much as I hate to admit it, several disco songs puts me in a good mood.  :-\\

Mostly the 1hit wonders like A Taste of Honey or Yvonne Elliman or something.

The non-disco songs would probably be Summertime in the LBC by the Dove Shack or It Was a Good Day by Ice Cube (just to name a few).

oh, I second that..I love disco music! :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/02/07 at 8:47 pm

Anything non-depressing. With cool, upbeat lyrics and/or tunes.

Written By: gumbypiz on 09/05/07 at 11:37 pm

Ska, real Jamaican Ska from the mid-late Sixties. Desmond Dekker, Skatalites, Prince Buster. (I'll also allow 2nd wave Ska (i.e. Two-Tone) like the Specials as well).
Something about ska, the horns the bouncy guitar riffs, that get you up, and movin. There aren't many "down" ska songs that I can remember...its also great traveling/driving music too.

Funk, old school (70's) funk, Isley Brothers, James Brown, Earth, Wind & Fire, Kool & The Gang, Commodores are good too. Something FUNKY that will make you DANCE!

That stuff always puts me in a good mood.
8)

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/07/07 at 8:34 pm

oh, I second that..I love disco music! :)

Me too!!

Of course I love the Eagles. 

I also love Christmas music, makes me happy listening to it.  ;D

Written By: NbC on 09/17/07 at 9:07 pm

Anything from U2

Loved them back in the 80's and their music always brings back good memories. 

Written By: Gis on 09/20/07 at 10:34 am

Loads of stuff really. Anything by Bowling for Soup always works!  ;D The Lion Sleeps Tonight always makes me boogie about too. 

Written By: KKay on 09/20/07 at 10:41 am

Ska, real Jamaican Ska from the mid-late Sixties. Desmond Dekker, Skatalites, Prince Buster. (I'll also allow 2nd wave Ska (i.e. Two-Tone) like the Specials as well).

That's my favorite!  I listen to that all the time and was about to post almost the same sentence.
nice taste!

Written By: MLB on 09/22/07 at 7:37 pm

Stuff from the 70's when I was a little  kid and most anything from the 80's when I was a teen.  Either that or a good classical orchestra composition.

Written By: Green Lantern on 09/22/07 at 7:43 pm

I often find that ELO .... the 'Electric Light Orchestra'  does it for me. If their stuff doesn't lift my mood ... it's probably 'cause I'm too depressed to even put it on.

Written By: Elko on 09/25/07 at 10:57 am

90s eurodance, pop and teen pop does it.

Check for new replies or respond here...