» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: When ZZ Top Saves The Day

Written By: KKay on 09/15/07 at 8:37 am

Seems like in almost any decade, some young man or woman has romantic issues or gets pushed around by bullies and then.....

ZZRrrrooooommmmm...enter our heroes, ZZ Top and a car full of sexy make-over girls.

I personally love the video where the cute little boy that works in the diner is being harassed by the hoodlums; and the girl from the shoe store in the glasses can't seem to get her lunch order in.  Then, the guys bring in the stylists and the girl gets decked out in a cool, lavender Olivia Newton John outfit and saves the boy from his dead end job.

Talk about your favorite ZZ Top video or, what you wish they could do for you.

Subject: Re: When ZZ Top Saves The Day

Written By: woops on 09/15/07 at 4:55 pm

"Legs" is  a great video  8)

"Gimme All Your Lovin", with the young man fantazing about women at the gas station and the campy "Sleeping Bag".

Written By: KKay on 09/16/07 at 9:08 am

"Legs" is  a great video  8)

"Gimme All Your Lovin", with the young man fantazing about women at the gas station and the campy "Sleeping Bag".

Gimme all your lovin' is a great one.  The one I described above is "Legs"...I was cracking up.  They really help people out; more than the Red Cross.  Maybe we can send them in for hurricaine relief.

Written By: Gis on 09/16/07 at 3:36 pm

Great videos I loved them too, they remind me of college. The pub across the road had a video jukebox and we used to play them a lot.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/07 at 4:10 pm

I like the video Legs but I must admit that it really sends a bad message if you ask me. You have to be in the latest fashion and show some skin in order to get respect instead of being who you are.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 09/16/07 at 4:41 pm

I like the video Legs but I must admit that it really sends a bad message if you ask me. You have to be in the latest fashion and show some skin in order to get respect instead of being who you are.

Cat

sure, but we see that all the time!  Sandy changed to fit in with Dannys freinds...that was unfair.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/07 at 5:39 pm

sure, but we see that all the time!  Sandy changed to fit in with Dannys freinds...that was unfair.

Yup-exactly. Personally, I don't think it is a good message to send-especially to young girls.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 09/18/07 at 7:31 am

Yup-exactly. Personally, I don't think it is a good message to send-especially to young girls.

Cat

(psst...why you're cool: you didnt' have to ask me who sandy and danny are.  when i typed it, i thought "five people are going to ask me that!" it's an easy one, but someone always asks.  thanks chickie.")  I agree.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/07 at 10:50 am

(psst...why you're cool: you didnt' have to ask me who sandy and danny are.  when i typed it, i thought "five people are going to ask me that!" it's an easy one, but someone always asks.  thanks chickie.")  I agree.

Yeah, I know who Sandy & Danny are. Didn't even have to think twice when I read your post.  ;D

Cat

Written By: KKay on 09/18/07 at 2:00 pm

Yeah, I know who Sandy & Danny are. Didn't even have to think twice when I read your post.  ;D

Cat

I knew you'd know...but...you know. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/07 at 2:12 pm

I knew you'd know...but...you know. ;D

I do know that you knew that I would know that you would know that I knew.  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: KKay on 09/18/07 at 4:15 pm

I do know that you knew that I would know that you would know that I knew.  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I KNEW it!

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/15/07 at 5:02 am

Even though I'm something of a ZZ fan, I'm not sure I totally agree about them really being superstars beyond a couple years. I see them as being classic rock that was slightly poppified for the MTV era. The caricaturized image of theirs which I think you're referring to (driving their restored hot rod, girls in their videos, and being superheroes in a sense) was like 1983-1986 from what I know about that time.

They had something of a comeback when they did "Doubleback" for Back to the Future III in 1990, and had a Greatest Hits album a little later. When I started watching videos, they were around the tail end of their popularity. VH1 still played their older stuff alot too.

That being said, I pretty much like the whole Afterburner album, but "Gimmie All Your Lovin" and "Legs" are the videos I know the best.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/07 at 10:31 pm

"Legs" was my favorite.  Basically it was John Waters goes to Texas!
:D

What could they do for me?  Get me laid.  What else?

In the '80s whether it was Motley Crue or Van Halen it was the getting busy in the video.  When ZZ Top started making videos, they said, "What are we going to do? we look like Jim Henson creations!"  So they took on the role of biker Cupids!
:P

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/15/07 at 10:45 pm

What could they do for me?  Get me laid.  What else?

Even at my horniest, and as hot as the ZZ Top video babes are, I'd have taken the 1933 Ford coupe over all three of 'em at once.  Might have had to think about it... but the babes will get older.  The only thing that'll happen to the Eliminator is that it'll grow wings and get Afterburners, and will even survive the Recycler.

Check for new replies or respond here...