» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Nancy Drew

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/15/07 at 3:35 pm

Is anyone or was anyone a fan of Nancy Drew? I became a fan in 6th grade, and became absolutely obsessed. I was into every Nancy Drew decade, from the 1930's to present and I have a nice collection of the vintage books from the 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.

My favorite Nancy Drew books were the originals from before the were re-written in the late 50's, and the Nancy Drew Case Files from the 80's. I also read Hardy Boys, Dana Girls and Judy Bolton.

(I just starting reading Nancy Drew books again after stopping about 3 years ago).

Subject: Re: Nancy Drew

Written By: Gis on 09/16/07 at 3:34 pm

I didn't actually realise they were that old.  :-\\
I loved them and when I started work at the library I read every one they had. I enjoyed the T.V show too and the Hardy Boys with Shaun Cassidy.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/07 at 4:17 pm

We used to have just about every (if not the complete set) of Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys books. The thing is, I don't think I ever read 1 of them.  :-[  I did have a deal with my childhood best friend's brothers. I would lend them a Hardy Boys book and they would pay me a dime.  ;D ;D ;D  It was a great deal for me. I can't remember how many dimes I "earned" on that one.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/16/07 at 8:15 pm

I love Nancy Drew!  My favorites are from the late 50's - I never really got into the newer stuff.  They were always such good reads.

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/07 at 9:31 pm

Pamela Martin as Nancy Drew on the TV show.

http://www.mediamatinee.com/teeveeboom/PSM.jpg

She can solve my mystery any day... the mystery being why my pants keep vanishing.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/17/07 at 8:38 am

I used to read Nancy Drew books a lot when I was younger.

Written By: robby76 on 09/25/07 at 9:50 am

Pamela Martin as Nancy Drew on the TV show.

Oh yeah! I've been watching both seasons on dvd! Great tv nostalgia!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/07 at 7:17 pm

I don't remember ever reading a Nancy Drew book. I watched the Hardy Boys on tv a few times but I was totally obsessed with the Trixie Belden books.  (also the Three Investigators and Encyclopedia Brown! I love EB!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/28/07 at 8:48 pm

My sister went through a Nancy Drew phase in the 6th grade. She must have read every single one!

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/29/07 at 1:58 pm

I don't remember ever reading a Nancy Drew book. I watched the Hardy Boys on tv a few times but I was totally obsessed with the Trixie Belden books.  (also the Three Investigators and Encyclopedia Brown! I love EB!)

I have several Trixie paper backs from the 70's, but I have never been able to get into her. I just think she's kind of....dorky  :-\\.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/29/07 at 2:48 pm

I think I read almost every Nancy Drew book written.  I absolutely loved her and would read one at a sitting and run back to the library for more.  I still dream of owning roadster with a rumble seat.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/07 at 4:18 pm

I have several Trixie paper backs from the 70's, but I have never been able to get into her. I just think she's kind of....dorky  :-\\.

All of mine are from the 70s too but the early Trixie Beldens were written in the fifties so if you read with the mindset of a 50s teen it might be easier for you to digest.  The only thing that ever annoyed me was they said Gleeps in lieu of cursing and called Mrs Belden Moms.  Other than that I loved 'em

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/29/07 at 8:12 pm

OMG, I hated "Gleeps" and "Moms" too!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/02/07 at 4:51 pm

When I was about 12 years old, I loved reading the Nancy Drew mysteries.  I think The Ringmaster's Secret must've been my favorite because that title has always stayed in my mind.  :)

I didn't actually realise they were that old.  :-\\
I loved them and when I started work at the library I read every one they had. I enjoyed the T.V show too and the Hardy Boys with Shaun Cassidy.  ;D

I loved that show too...I used to drool over Parker Stevenson!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/07 at 11:33 pm

I just found this. It's not at all related to the books but its Robert Wolinsky's review of the new Nancy Drew movie starring Emma Roberts. It made me laugh!

This is the perfect summertime flick for twelve year old girls who have always wanted to  see a Sunset Blvd tinged rehab of a 77 year old character now played by Eric Roberts little girl.  I gots to give this thumbs down!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...