» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Series

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/16/07 at 10:20 am

Halloween was the movie that started my horror/slasher obsession back in the summer of 2002 or '03, and I love the first 4 sequels (that includes Season Of The Witch!). I have such fond memories of watching the series. I like that it takes itself more seriously than the F13 or NOES series, and I also like how it pretty much has one continuing story, up to Part 6 at least. I also think it's the scariest series of the three.

The F13 series I think is kind of overrated. I like the first 4 installments, but I don't think they're very scary. Some of the later films are pretty enjoyable, too. But something about it just feels overrated to me.

I actually think alot of the knock-off's from the early 80's are much better than anything in the series they copied.....

I like the NOES series alot. And it holds some of the only horror comedies I can tolerate. And I love how creative it is. There are endless possiblities about how Freddy can kill someone. I also like how it continues one story throughout most of it as well.

Plus the original NOES is actually a respectable horror film.

Subject: Re: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Seri

Written By: anthead on 09/16/07 at 11:19 am

i love the first and third halloween movies.

not a big fan of F13th

i looooove nightmare on elm street flicks. i recently showed the first one to my youngest brother who was born in 1987 so he'd never seen it before. at first we were of course making fun of johnny depps ahir and clothes and what not but by the time i had to leave he was like "dude you can't leave me here with this thing on!" he was pretty good and scared! he told me later that he finnished the movie and had trouble sleeping.... awesome! chalk one up for old school slashers!

Subject: Re: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Series

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/16/07 at 7:43 pm

When it comes to all three series, I've always preferred the originals. Friday the 13th parts 2 and 3 weren't too bad, and I've never been fond of the Halloween and NOES sequels.

Subject: Re: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Series

Written By: Dukefan on 09/17/07 at 5:23 pm

I've always thought the first Halloween was on a level above the rest of the slasher films from that period...it's just a great movie in general.

As for the series as a whole, I'd also go with Halloween, followed by Nightmare on Elm Street.  The first three Friday the 13ths were ok, but that series as a whole sucks.

Check for new replies or respond here...