» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: One Album wonders.

Written By: holicman on 10/03/07 at 2:26 am

Maybe we should start a list of bands who were leashed upon us in a hail of commercial hype, had 2 or 3 big songs on one album and then were literally never heard from again.

I am struggling to think of certain bands but I know there are a few from the nineties that I have pretty much never heard of again.

One off the top of my head would be soul Asylum.

Subject: Re: One Album wonders.

Written By: woops on 10/03/07 at 3:26 am

Arrested Development's debut album had three hits (1992/1993) and they basically faded from popularity

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/07 at 3:36 am

How many albums did Milli Vanilli have?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/03/07 at 6:20 am

Frankie Goes To Hollywood is one example.

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/07 at 9:38 am

One of the BEST examples of a one album wonder came from Canada.  Sometimes you can start off with unbelievable success, and then you fall pretty hard ...

World on Edge was a Canadian pop group whose 1990 self-titled debut album sent 7 singles (6 Top 40) into the Canadian chart spanning 1990-1992.  A follow-up album failed to chart, and produced no hit singles, so the group called it quits.  Because they were a Canadian group, not many Canadians will remember them by name, but their songs are definately remembered to hear them

http://www.geocities.com/godeltsihw/worldonedge2.jpg

(Check those 90s hairstyles LOL)

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/03/07 at 11:06 am

What about 3rd Eye Blind?  I only knew of one album they did.

Or Fastball, Spin Doctors?

Written By: woops on 10/03/07 at 5:20 pm

I think The Sex Pistols only released one album.

Written By: tv on 10/03/07 at 6:09 pm

How many albums did Milli Vanilli have?
I think they did 2 albums: 1 album was their 1988 or 1989 album but the other was their comeback album which failed so they were a 1 album wonder I believe.

Check for new replies or respond here...