» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Favorite stores?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/15/07 at 7:24 am

For clothing, I love American Apparel. I love fashions from the 70's and 80's, and lot of thier clothing is inspired by those decades. I also love all the bright colors their clothing comes in. And most importantly, they actually have my SIZE. I wear an XS, and hardly anyone carries XS.

I also love Hot Topics, because they have my size as well (youth medium, which is like an XS), and they have alot of awesome band shirts.

I also LOVE the clothes (and shoes) at Urban Outfitters, but they don't carry my size  >:(. They're expensive anyway, so I wouldn't be able to afford them in the first place.

Other stores I love are BORDERS, which I used to go to every day to do my homework, and Jewel Osco. I love to grocery shop. I like Domincks as well. I also Like Michaels Crafts. Not that I'm a craft person (i'm terrible at arts and crafts, anyway), but I just love being in those stores.

There's also this used CD/vinyl/DVD/VHS store in Chicago I LOVE called Reckless Records. And it's right across from American Apparel AND Urban Outfitters.

Subject: Re: Favorite stores?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/15/07 at 7:43 am

My favorite stores are thrift stores. Goodwill, Salvation Army, and another other little local thrift shops. I am so used to buying things at thrift shops...that now when I go to the mall (which I seldom do)...I get severe sticker shock! ;D

I also love antique stores and fleatique shops.

Bookstores are also my favorites, and I love those used CD/movie/game stores...you can get some great deals there too.

Bath & Body is also another favorite store...a girl's gotta smell good...ya know! ;)

Written By: anthead on 10/15/07 at 7:49 am

thrift stores, antique stores, dollar stores.

barnes and noble, best buy, toys r us, and i shop for groceries at meijer.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/15/07 at 9:54 am

For clothes it's Aeropostle and Sears.

For books it's Barnes and Noble.

For groceries Giant

Everything else Target.

Written By: whistledog on 10/15/07 at 10:04 am

Thrift stores for me:  Value Village (known as Savers in the USA and Australia), Goodwill, Salvation Army and the March of Dimes.  Being a big collector of vinyl and cassettes, these places are a gold mine for me

I also love the Used CD shops.  We have a local one here called 'Chumleighs' that I visit all the time.  They always have great deals, and often times I can get things there that are not available anywhere else, such as ... I found copies of the now deleted Seasons 1 and 2 of 'Too Close For Comfort' for $19.99 each

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/15/07 at 2:24 pm

For clothes or housewares, I like Ross...

(If you really search that store, every now and then you'll come up with a really good bargain!)

For shoes, I like Bass...

(Good quality leather shoes that last a long time!)

For food/groceries I like Costco or Foodland (local grocer)...

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/15/07 at 4:22 pm

Being a big collector of vinyl and cassettes, these places are a gold mine for me

I'm also a big collector of casettes. I'm always buying them at GoodWill.

Written By: woops on 10/15/07 at 4:25 pm

Also Goodwill  :D

Rare video tapes of animation, music videos/film,  & movies not on DVD yet and many that won't be on DVD anytime soon

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/15/07 at 7:40 pm

I guess I'm kinda a big spender, although I hardly ever pay full price for anything (that's just wrong, lol).

Clothing stores:
Old Navy
TJ Maxx
The Gap
JCPenney
Mervyns
And, on the more expensive side - Macy's, Gottschalks, Banana Republic, Maxstudio, J. Crew, American Eagle Outfitters, Ann Taylor, etc.

Food:
Raley's/Nob Hill
Lucky
Safeway
Trader Joes

General Merchandise:
Target
K-Mart

Check for new replies or respond here...