» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Has TV on DVD rekindled your love for certain shows ?

Written By: whistledog on 11/04/07 at 12:23 am

Now that you can get many great TV shows both past and present on DVD, has there been any that you've been watching that totally made you love a show all over again ?

4 big ones for me ...

Benson.  On the channels I get, Benson hasn't been in reruns since the very early 90s, so watching the S1 set was a total throwback for me.  The way Benson and Inga made snappy remarks to each other.. i'd totally forgotten how funny that was.  I swear I haven't laughed so hard in years

St. Elsewhere.  A show I remember from the 80s, but not one that I watched as I was too young to understand it at the time.  Watching it now .. i loved the plot lines and the cast of characters.  I was really sad when I finished watching the S1 set.  I want more!

Silver Spoons.  The ultimate sitcom for kids in the 80s, and another one I hadn't seen in many many years.  Watching the S1 set, I felt like a kid all over again

Adventures of the Gummi Bears.  Disney's first animated series, and still the best!  Again, another one I hadn't seen, this one probably since it actually went off the air.  Total blast from the past on this one!

Subject: Re: Has TV on DVD rekindled your love for certain shows ?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/04/07 at 12:28 am

Yes...most definitely! I look forward to different retro shows to come out on DVD. When I watch them..it brings back memories from my younger years.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/04/07 at 8:47 pm

Watching retro shows on DVD remind me how much I used to love watching television. I'm so glad so many of them are available on DVD.  :)

Written By: woops on 11/07/07 at 3:08 am

None since most came before my time  :D

Honestly, Looney Tunes (I know they're from the early/mid 20th century, shown in theatres, and aimed towards adults) since I now have a new respect for them and  uncut since most I've seen were colorized or edited on tv (for Un PC reasons  ::) ).

Most tv shows/cartoons I grew up on doesn't stand the test of time, but that's another topic  :P

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/07 at 8:06 pm

Yeah- Kate and Allie... I knew I liked it but I forgot I loved it.... mostly tho- syndicated TV has me longing for the DVD releases of shows because I want to see what jokes were cut out!

Written By: whistledog on 11/07/07 at 11:40 pm

Yeah- Kate and Allie... I knew I liked it but I forgot I loved it.... mostly tho- syndicated TV has me longing for the DVD releases of shows because I want to see what jokes were cut out!

'Kate and Allie' totally took me back also.  The first 4 seasons (released in Canada only) are out and as I watched them, I totally loved this show all over again.  True friends can last a lifetime

Check for new replies or respond here...