» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Taylor Dayne

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/07 at 11:40 am

I have always loved Taylor Dayne...her voice is amazing. :) I just found out that she has a new album coming out the beginning of next year. You can hear some of her newer stuff on her myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=17688031

I've always thought that she had the greatest lips!! ;D :D

Here are a few videos of  my top 6 favorite songs by her:

Tell It To My Heart (Gosh..I always LOVED her big sexy hair....she looks pretty hot in this video ;))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5oSpQDerps

I'll Be Your Shelter (my favorite song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7qywdLb2Y4

Prove Your Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX8pCA-q7j4

Heart Of Stone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21EHAL1VckQ

Love Will Lead You Back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwjcl7GIdm8

Don't Rush Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFajzxo0ZCM

Subject: Re: Taylor Dayne

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/09/07 at 2:14 pm

Yeah, she was biggest right around the cuspy period in 1988-'90 then lost popularity pretty fast, but I always liked her. In fact I liked that Can't Fight Fate album more than her first one (even if most people know her for "Tell it To My Heart"). Although by the time I started watching music videos a year or two later, VH1 still showed that "With Every Beat of My Heart" one almost daily. With her and the older guy dancing in an apartment. That's such a cute, fun song - like something Paula could've done from the same time, just without any hip hop/streetwise influence like she had, more of a straight club sound. I liked almost all the other singles too, and I think "Love Will Lead You Back" brought on the '90s style adult contemporary diva ballads. There was also midtempo stuff like "Heart of Stone", and the title song, which has something of a pop/rock influence thrown in. Good stuff all around.

You know what, I saw her on VH1 (in a totally different format both for her and the station) two years ago on this shortlived show called Remaking. Where they took a pop star and tried to make them over, both in terms of look and musical sound, so they could have a modern day hit. They did it with Vince Neil of Motley Crue too. I still have her episode on tape, it was really interesting. I found out lots of stuff about her I never knew (like her being a single mother), and she ended up getting a dancey pop song called "Right Now". It was perfect because it sounded like her classic stuff, although in a form updated for the mid '00s. I hoped it would be able to do okay 'cause I never heard anything after that ep. I wonder if it's on the new CD?

P.S. Speaking of both points, the only thing about that episode, the only thing I didn't like was the loss of her "classic look". She's a cutie with the big haired '80s look (she sure doesn't seem 43 like she was in that episode either). :)

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 11/09/07 at 4:12 pm

I WAS ABOUT TO MAKE A TAYLOR DAYNE SINGLES POLL THIS MORNING  :o! I didn't because I had to get ready for school.

I love Taylor! I got into her in August when I found her first two CD's in mint condition at a thrift store. They are both very solid albums. There isn't one song I dislike on either of them. The album tracks on both of them sound like they could have been singles. I acutally thought I heard 'Carry Your Heart' from her first album before I ever listened to it. I could have sworn it had been a single.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/09/07 at 8:41 pm

I have always loved Taylor Dayne...her voice is amazing. :) I just found out that she has a new album coming out the beginning of next year. You can hear some of her newer stuff on her myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=17688031

Here are a few videos of  my top 6 favorite songs by her:

Tell It To My Heart (Gosh..I always LOVED her big sexy hair....she looks pretty hot in this video ;))

I'll Be Your Shelter (my favorite song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7qywdLb2Y4

Prove Your Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX8pCA-q7j4

Heart Of Stone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21EHAL1VckQ

Love Will Lead You Back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwjcl7GIdm8

Don't Rush Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFajzxo0ZCM

Taylor is fantastic....what a voice! I love all those songs listed, plus "With Every Beat of My Heart" and "I'll Always Love You".  :) :)

Written By: woops on 11/09/07 at 11:55 pm

I like:

"Tell It To My Heart"
"Don't Rush Me"
"I'll Always Love You"
"With Every Beat Of My Heart"
"Love Will Lead You Back"

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 1:38 am

wow, I forgot how gorgeous she was in this video. I just wish she was wearing those ripped jeans instead of her dancers
great dance & clubbing song

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 1:39 am

wow, I forgot how gorgeous she was in this video. I just wish she was wearing those ripped jeans instead of her dancers
great dance & clubbing song

I know!!! She looks incredibly HOT. I love her big hair..I wish she never would have gotten rid of it. And..that lipstick/paint/footprints thing..hubba. ;) :D

Subject: Guess I oughta learn to simplify my posts, huh?

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/10/07 at 4:07 am

Geez, I guess I better learn to start condensing my posts if I want anyone to actually read them and comment.  :\'( When you combine a deep thinking intellectual type with someone who won't shut up, I probably shouldn't be surprised to get skipped over. I'm not merely talking about this thread, but just in general.

Let's be honest, a simple "This rules man!" surface comment probably fields much more enthusiam and discussion to build a conversation off than my typical "Oh yeah I totally heard that when I was four years old with my mom on the radio leaving the parking lot of a supermarket near our house at the time. Even though that makes it totally all sentimental, I didn't get fully into it until middle school when I got the tape after seeing the video on VH1. Some kids at school were into it although a few of them equally got my case and teased me for openly listening to it because hey even though 1985 wasn't really that old in 1993 it wasn't too cool to like the trendiest music from then, even if it did influence things later on too. You know what though, it sounds new wave but that guitar solo could make it appeal to the rockers and it has a retro influence because the lead singer listened to Elvis as a kid. This is why some of the older people enjoyed it too, and I really thought the band members were cool guys after I saw that one other video for the next single off that album they did which had that extended intro that I used to have on a videotape before I accidentally recorded over it. Oh yeah and the woman in it was so cute even if she was so much older than me"-type geeky @ss post does. Which most other people could care less about. ;D

Maybe the best solution is to just stop talking about music altogether and whenever anyone else does, resist any temptation to join in, just because I always tend to elaborate and get all carried away since it's something that truly interests me. Same with life stories, my opinion on some issues or heck, most pop cultural stuff in general. People usually skip over long posts because they get bored, and I can't totally blame them. Either that or when you just go break everything down, there's nothing much left to add.

P.S. I realized I do a pretty good impression of myself, though. ;)

Subject: Re: Guess I oughta learn to simplify my posts, huh?

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/10/07 at 7:52 am

^ Even though this was just three hours ago, all apologies for overreacting. I've had time to calm down and get over it now. Sorry for getting all emo like that, lol. :)

Just to get to the crux of where I'm coming from on this...I've always gotten really upset if I felt like people were ignoring me (although I know it's certainly not done intentionally or anything) or at least paying each other more attention to where I felt pushed into the background. This is something I've kinda felt my whole life in some respect or another and I've asked myself time and again if it was me doing something wrong, or merely having sh*tty luck. For instance, even among groups of good friends, it's always been where I felt I was just a step or a couple steps outside the "inner" circle. Like they would talk amongst each other more than they would to me, or wouldn't let me finish a sentence before cutting me off or paying attention to something else. If not just flat out ignoring the fact that I was talking to them, to where I thought Man why am I even trying. That said to mes pretty much told me they didn't care. At least not enough. This extended to everything socially, like they wouldn't invite me out with them as much as they hung with each other and were all cliquey to the point of making me puke. That still pervades to this day, even though I have quite a few friends and people I'm comfortable/close with, I still feel like I'm on the outside looking in. Don't think I haven't agonized or poured over the reasons why in my head over and over again too. Because at the risk of bragging (which I don't want to) I think I'm a very nice, fun, understaning, cool and humorous guy that people would want to hang out with and conversationalize with all the time. Yet apparently I'm never quite as good or desirable as the next person. Or I'm never as attractive as the next guy in the eyes of any girl I've ever liked.

When you get the impression like you're being ignored (or at least to the point of not knowing if people value what you say), that's certainly not a good feeling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to guilt people into giving me further attention or gushing over every keystroke I make on here. I'm not throwing myself a pity party, but I just want people to kinda see where I'm coming from. See there were a couple times actually at work, as well as out with some buddies afterwards where this happened last night, so I suppose I got upset quicker than I otherwise would have. Maybe it felt like insult to injury when I got home and felt like it was being done to me on the computer too.

As a last note about posts, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to do away with the novels for awhile and shorten my thoughts to an extent. This way I could still talk about the things I want to, but it would be in a way that might get more people to respond and not get bored enough to move on, so then everyone's happy. I mean, more than a few times I bet at least a few people have thought, my god dude who cares, either get to the point or shut up already. ;)

Let's carry on about Taylor now...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 2:23 pm

Geez, I guess I better learn to start condensing my posts if I want anyone to actually read them and comment.  :\'( When you combine a deep thinking intellectual type with someone who won't shut up, I probably shouldn't be surprised to get skipped over. I'm not merely talking about this thread, but just in general.

Maybe the best solution is to just stop talking about music altogether and whenever anyone else does, resist any temptation to join in, just because I always tend to elaborate and get all carried away since it's something that truly interests me. Same with life stories, my opinion on some issues or heck, most pop cultural stuff in general. People usually skip over long posts because they get bored, and I can't totally blame them. Either that or when you just go break everything down, there's nothing much left to add.

P.S. I realized I do a pretty good impression of myself, though. ;)
Marty, don't stop talking about music. I'm sure there is no intentional ignoring going on, but I've felt that too at times, and so has everyone else here, I'm sure. Just keep doing what you do. You've got feelings like the rest of us and occasionally they get hurt. Heck, I sometimes get bummed out if someone doesn't reply to my That rules! comment  ;D but I just figure it happens to everyone here at some point and you just try to not let it get to you. I will say that you do analyze and break music down so well and thorougly that there is not much that can be added. you'd make an excellent music critic or biographer.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 8:35 pm

^ Even though this was just three hours ago, all apologies for overreacting. I've had time to calm down and get over it now. Sorry for getting all emo like that, lol. :)

Just to get to the crux of where I'm coming from on this...I've always gotten really upset if I felt like people were ignoring me (although I know it's certainly not done intentionally or anything) or at least paying each other more attention to where I felt pushed into the background. This is something I've kinda felt my whole life in some respect or another and I've asked myself time and again if it was me doing something wrong, or merely having sh*tty luck. For instance, even among groups of good friends, it's always been where I felt I was just a step or a couple steps outside the "inner" circle. Like they would talk amongst each other more than they would to me, or wouldn't let me finish a sentence before cutting me off or paying attention to something else. If not just flat out ignoring the fact that I was talking to them, to where I thought Man why am I even trying. That said to mes pretty much told me they didn't care. At least not enough. This extended to everything socially, like they wouldn't invite me out with them as much as they hung with each other and were all cliquey to the point of making me puke. That still pervades to this day, even though I have quite a few friends and people I'm comfortable/close with, I still feel like I'm on the outside looking in. Don't think I haven't agonized or poured over the reasons why in my head over and over again too. Because at the risk of bragging (which I don't want to) I think I'm a very nice, fun, understaning, cool and humorous guy that people would want to hang out with and conversationalize with all the time. Yet apparently I'm never quite as good or desirable as the next person. Or I'm never as attractive as the next guy in the eyes of any girl I've ever liked.

When you get the impression like you're being ignored (or at least to the point of not knowing if people value what you say), that's certainly not a good feeling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to guilt people into giving me further attention or gushing over every keystroke I make on here. I'm not throwing myself a pity party, but I just want people to kinda see where I'm coming from. See there were a couple times actually at work, as well as out with some buddies afterwards where this happened last night, so I suppose I got upset quicker than I otherwise would have. Maybe it felt like insult to injury when I got home and felt like it was being done to me on the computer too.

As a last note about posts, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to do away with the novels for awhile and shorten my thoughts to an extent. This way I could still talk about the things I want to, but it would be in a way that might get more people to respond and not get bored enough to move on, so then everyone's happy. I mean, more than a few times I bet at least a few people have thought, my god dude who cares, either get to the point or shut up already. ;)

Let's carry on about Taylor now...

you know that I love you...and that listening to everything you have to say...is always music to my ears. Conversations with you NEVER get boring. You are the best conversationalist that I know...and I am so lucky to have you as my best friend. :)  :-*

Written By: Midas on 11/10/07 at 8:48 pm

I agree, Taylor Dayne does have a great voice. :)  My favourite is "I'll Be Your Shelter".

Written By: tv on 11/11/07 at 1:42 pm

Ah I like Taylor and yes I think she has one of the greatest voices you'll ever in the history of music.I don;t know why she didn't put anything out from 1994-1998 she would have fit good in the music scene of that time. Her remake of Barry White's "Can't Enough Of Your Lpve" was a smash hit cracking the Top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1993 but the follow up single "Send Me a Lover" only hit #50 on the Billboard Hot 100.  1994-1998 had alot of ballad songs by a variety of artists that were hits but Taylor didn;t put anything out for that time period. Maybe people thought Taylor Dayne was an artist of the 1980's don;t want to her hear. I think thats too bad if you don;t hear this lady sing your missing out. I even think Taylor Dayne had an iinfuence hevily on the 90's music scene(R&B and A/C ballads) and the 00's as well. I mean if you listen to Avril Lavigne's stuff(2002-2004) and Kelly Clarkson;s  or even Christina Aguilara you can kinda hear a little Taylor Dayne in their voice.

Written By: EyesWideAsleep on 11/16/07 at 8:41 pm

I like her she's a good singer. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...