» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Worst Rendition of a Christmas Song and/or least favorite Christmas songs

Written By: woops on 11/22/07 at 4:17 pm

I know theres many, but Disney Channel product Ashley Tisdale just ruined "Last Christmas" from Wham! at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.  8-P

Dogs barking "Jungle Bells"
Madonna's "Santa Baby" (sounded like Betty Boop for some reason)

Subject: Re: Worst Rendition of a Christmas Song and/or least favorite Christmas songs

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/07 at 9:11 pm

Last Christmas..by Wham. I hate it. 8-P....BUT, the video isn't that bad. ;D

Subject: Re: Worst Rendition of a Christmas Song and/or least favorite Christmas songs

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/22/07 at 9:49 pm

I know theres many, but Disney Channel product Ashley Tisdale just ruined "Last Christmas" from Wham! at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.  8-P

Dogs barking "Jungle Bells"
Madonna's "Santa Baby" (sounded like Betty Boop for some reason)

I agree with every one of those.  I also loathe anything by Mariah Carey (holiday or not) and I cannot stand David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing "Little Drummer Boy".

Written By: loki 13 on 11/22/07 at 9:58 pm

I get a lot of grief for this but I hate to hear Blue Christmas by Elvis. To me this
is the worst version of this song. Don't get me wrong, I like Elvis, just not this song.
His voice isn't right, he uses, the wrong tempo and it's really annoying when he sings
the part; Blue, Blue, Blue Christmas.

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/07 at 12:03 am

least favourite Christmas song?  I can't say as I really have any, but one I easily get sick of is '2000 Miles' by The Pretenders.  Didn't know that was even a Christmas song did you? lol

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/07 at 12:18 am

None that I can think of.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/07 at 4:27 pm

Christmas songs I hate:

-Little Drummer Boy
-Do You Hear What I Hear
-Last Christmas-Wham or anyone else for that matter
-Merry Christmas, Darling-the Carpenters

Cat

Written By: woops on 11/23/07 at 6:51 pm

Stevie Nicks "Silent Night", good and respected  artist... but the song drags on

Written By: EuriskoXP on 11/30/07 at 2:33 am

^totally agree.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/30/07 at 2:35 am

Snoopy's Christmas. I try my best each year to avoid it, but it never works. One time, I was in like 3 different stores, and all 3 of 'em were playing Snoopy's Christmas while I was in there!  8-P

Written By: Paul on 12/01/07 at 2:11 pm

'Wonderful Christmastime' - Paul McCartney

(I probably would have one if I never heard that sodding song again!  :P)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/01/07 at 2:20 pm

'Wonderful Christmastime' - Paul McCartney

(I probably would have one if I never heard that sodding song again!  :P)

I agree that that's not a very good song... :P

Many people would probably disagree with me, but I don't care at all for 'White Christmas' by Bing Crosby...

It probably has to do with the fact that I've rarely been able to experience a 'white' Christmas... :-\\

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/01/07 at 3:02 pm

"Happy Holidays/Holiday Season" by Andy Williams.

This is the Christmas Song that I can't stand. "Most wonderful time of the year" is okay, but "Happy Holidays/Holiday Season" is garbage. If I hear that song, I'll blow-up the radio! >:(

Written By: loki 13 on 12/01/07 at 3:08 pm

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.....Bruce Springsteen

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus...John Cougar Mellencamp

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 12/01/07 at 4:02 pm

'Grown Up Christmas List'  8-P.

it sounds like a rip-off of 'Save The Best For Last'.

Written By: Lindee on 12/01/07 at 7:55 pm

Any Christmas song done by a boy band.  8-P

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/02/07 at 5:24 pm

My least favorite songs include:

-Wonderful Christmastime (Any version)
-Last Christmas (*shudder*)
-Feliz Navidad (Maybe if it wasn't so repetitive....)
-Anything by Perry Como
-Blue Christmas (Why can't Elvis just stay dead?!?!?)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 6:56 pm

"Happy Holidays/Holiday Season" by Andy Williams.

This is the Christmas Song that I can't stand. "Most wonderful time of the year" is okay, but "Happy Holidays/Holiday Season" is garbage. If I hear that song, I'll blow-up the radio! >:(

Now, whenever I hear "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" I think of Staples and the kids going back to school.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/03/07 at 9:33 pm

Hands down, its that song that always plays in movie adds durring the holiday season. It goes Do do do do Dun Do Dun Dun Do do do do do Dun Dun Dun Dun do dun do dun do dun do dun do do do do do do dun dun dun.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 9:47 pm

Sounds like a version of "Deck the Halls".

Written By: whistledog on 12/03/07 at 10:31 pm

Hands down, its that song that always plays in movie adds durring the holiday season. It goes Do do do do Dun Do Dun Dun Do do do do do Dun Dun Dun Dun do dun do dun do dun do dun do do do do do do dun dun dun.

Isn't that 'De Do Do Do De Da Da Da' by The Police? :D

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/05/07 at 5:12 pm

It doesn't sound like Deck the Halls or The Police, it's really annoying, it probably wasn't ment to be a Christmas Song, it has no lyrics, and I want a time machine so I can kill the guy who wrote it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/07 at 5:33 pm

Where do you hear this?

Written By: karen on 12/05/07 at 5:35 pm

It might be by Mike Oldfield.  In Dulce Jubilo

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/05/07 at 7:47 pm

Where do you hear this?
In commercials for Christmas related movies.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/05/07 at 7:57 pm

Anything from Sound of Music, I can't stand!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/07 at 5:32 am

In commercials for Christmas related movies.
Which commericals, products, etc?

Written By: KKay on 12/06/07 at 9:12 am

any song performed by meowing cats.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/07 at 9:13 am

any song performed by meowing cats.
...or barking dogs?

Written By: KKay on 12/06/07 at 9:22 am

...or barking dogs?

that i can handle a bit...but i'm biased.

:)

Written By: karen on 12/06/07 at 9:28 am

...or barking dogs?

which one are you thinking of?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/07 at 9:58 am

which one are you thinking of?
Something in the back of mind of dogs yapping to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/06/07 at 12:30 pm

I also have discovered that I don't care for Mariah Carey's Christmas song.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/07 at 12:32 pm

I also have discovered that I don't care for Mariah Carey's Christmas song.
Commercial Radio Stations in the UK started about two weeks ago playing an ad with that song in the background, up to then my life was pleasant.

Written By: ninny on 12/07/07 at 2:42 pm

I really don't care for "All I want For Christmas is My Two front Teeth," or "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer",and my daughter is going to kill me because she likes this song but I do not care for "Christmas Shoes"  I know its a sad song but I just don't like the guys voice

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 3:00 pm

Any more clues yet?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/07/07 at 4:42 pm

Hall&Oats - Jingle Bell Rock

Elvis - Blue Christmas

The Pointer Sisters - Santa Clause is Coming to Town.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 4:48 pm

Any more clues yet?

Hall&Oats - Jingle Bell Rock

Elvis - Blue Christmas

The Pointer Sisters - Santa Clause is Coming to Town.
I do not think it is any of those.

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/07/07 at 5:20 pm

It's classical.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 5:31 pm

It's classical.
Thanks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 5:33 pm

Try Sergei Prokofiev's Sleigh Ride from the Lieutenant Kijé Suite.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/07 at 5:37 pm

As used in Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas"

Written By: karen on 12/07/07 at 7:46 pm

It's classical.

It's not one of those by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/07 at 7:59 am

Also known as The Troika from the Lieutenant Kijé Suite.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/07 at 1:03 pm

Let me guess, it is from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/07 at 1:04 pm

Cat
Beethoven did a famous Do do do Dun?

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/08/07 at 5:17 pm

I think that's it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/07 at 5:22 pm

I think that's it.
Success!

Written By: karen on 12/09/07 at 4:17 pm

Success!

I've had that bloody tune going round in my head ever since you mentioned it!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/07 at 4:19 pm

After Boxing Day you will have forgotten all about it.

For me, I do not mind it one bit, you know my liking for classical music.

Written By: woops on 12/09/07 at 8:53 pm

Michael Bolton "White Christmas" 8-P

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/10/07 at 4:21 am

Here's a new one to drown out that bloody song:

(Think of a shorter Mexican fellow, dressed in a Holiday Elf-like vest, hat and shoes:)

"Nausea- heartburn.....upset stomach......DI-a-rheeea.....Yay, Pepto-Bismol!"

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/11/07 at 5:28 pm

"Grown Up Christmas Wish" Too saccharine for me. It may also be that the tune just sounds too generic for me.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/11/07 at 5:39 pm

Cat

I think it's Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOeuar5LmtU

Written By: loki 13 on 12/11/07 at 5:55 pm

Also known as The Troika from the Lieutenant Kijé Suite.

As used in Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas"

You got a, "That's It", but I don't recall ever hearing Prokofiev's Troika or Greg Lake's sampling in any commercial,
movie or otherwise. Carol Of Bells, however, is in almost every commercial now.  >:(

Band Aid...Do They Know It's Christmas; this is one song that hurts my ears when I hear it.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/11/07 at 6:03 pm

You got a, "That's It", but I don't recall ever hearing Prokofiev's Troika or Greg Lake's sampling in any commercial,
movie or otherwise. Carol Of Bells, however, is in almost every commercial now.  >:(

Band Aid...Do They Know It's Christmas; this is one song that hurts my ears when I hear it.

I happen to like "The Carol Of the Bells".
As long as it's done in the tradtional manner....I don't dig how they've commercialized it so badly!

Written By: loki 13 on 12/11/07 at 7:13 pm

I happen to like "The Carol Of the Bells".
As long as it's done in the tradtional manner....I don't dig how they've commercialized it so badly!

Carol Of Bells is one of my favorites, when I hear a commercial that has it I mute the TV because I don't want
it ruined for me.

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/11/07 at 7:57 pm

"Grown Up Christmas Wish" Too saccharine for me. It may also be that the tune just sounds too generic for me.
Some other band made a a Jesus version of that song a few years ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/07 at 3:44 am

Thanks.

The original Band Aid is the only one I can listen to, the two remakes just say no to me.

Written By: Class of 84 on 12/14/07 at 11:20 pm

It's not that I don't have any Christmas spirit, but I've heard them all so many times, I don't want to hear ANY Christmas songs this year....

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 12/14/07 at 11:34 pm

I heard that mystrious song the the Trailer for Enchanted. UGH!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 5:29 am

The same Prokofiev's Sleigh Ride from the Lieutenant Kijé Suite?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/15/07 at 5:34 am

The same Prokofiev's Sleigh Ride from the Lieutenant Kijé Suite?

It's got to be better than any "American Redneck Christmas" songs!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 5:35 am

The Prokofiev's Sleigh Ride was not in the trailer I just viewed.

Check for new replies or respond here...