» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Up in America documentary series

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/07 at 12:42 am

For anyone familiar with the British docs 7up, 14 up 21 up, 28 up, 35 up, 42 up and 49 up.

America has its own less popular installment. It started in 1991/92  with a group of seven year olds.

Like its British big sister, the filmmakers meet up with the kids every seven years to see how they have changed.

Age 7 in America
&
14 Up in America both aired on CBS. I saw them both but never recorded them. They are not available on DVD or VHS

I managed to record 21 Up America this morning on Discovery Times. I think this was the first time this one aired on TV.

Anyway.... anyone remember this series?  Better yet- any chance anyone has it taped?  Please PM me I would love to see them as kids again.

I remember one little boy who wanted to be a cop in Milwaukee because they had no crime and had "only one cop there probably"  ;D  He was cute.

Subject: Re: (Growing) Up in America

Written By: danootaandme on 12/15/07 at 7:00 am

I remember Oprah doing the first one, but I didn't know about the others.  I watch the 7up saga every seven years and love it.

Check for new replies or respond here...