» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: How I KNOW there is still Payola

Written By: KKay on 01/07/08 at 9:10 am

In the morning I sometimes listen to the local rock hits radio station.  There is a funny talk show and I put it on while getting ready for work.
They wrap up at 9AM.  EVERYDAY at 9 talk ends and music begins and the first song...EVERYDAY is Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

In my opinion they are all washed up.  There is no reason that they should be the first rock song played every day UNLESS there is some kind of deal going on.

I asked my husband, who works in music.  He said they are the biggest LA band with the most money and that's who wins.

(which leads me to my next topic - where are all the new york bands!?)

Someone is paying someone else.  Aren't we beyond that by now? 

Subject: Re: How I KNOW there is still Payola

Written By: Gis on 01/07/08 at 11:40 am

I gave up listening to Radio one because they play the same 15 - 20 songs ALL day long, and most of them are crap anyway!

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/08 at 11:49 am

The classic hits station I listen to ALWAYS plays the same songs day after day.  In a way, I don't mind it, but I would like to hear a wider variety of hits, not just the same ones over and over again

I'd list some of the ones they play day after day, but I'm putting them in my forthcoming 70s Quiz LOL

Written By: Tia on 01/07/08 at 12:02 pm

if it's clear channel, it's scheisse. we're fortunate enough to live in a world where the rules are simple.

Written By: KKay on 01/07/08 at 1:21 pm

I gave up listening to Radio one because they play the same 15 - 20 songs ALL day long, and most of them are crap anyway!

true. but to have the same song and band at the same time every day- it's so obvious!

Written By: tv on 01/08/08 at 5:46 pm

In the morning I sometimes listen to the local rock hits radio station.  There is a funny talk show and I put it on while getting ready for work.
They wrap up at 9AM.  EVERYDAY at 9 talk ends and music begins and the first song...EVERYDAY is Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

In my opinion they are all washed up.  There is no reason that they should be the first rock song played every day UNLESS there is some kind of deal going on.

I asked my husband, who works in music.  He said they are the biggest LA band with the most money and that's who wins.

(which leads me to my next topic - where are all the new york bands!?)

Someone is paying someone else.  Aren't we beyond that by now? 
Personally who cares if the Red Hot Chilli Peppers got played every morning because they are not even as popular anymore as they used to be. I would say that the Chilli Peppers were the most popular in 1992 and 1999-2000 respectively when they put out CD's like "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" and "Californiacation".

Anyway hometown artists always get favorble airplay anyway I mean Biggie(Notorious BIG) gets played alot on a NYC Hip-Hop Station because he was from NYC.

Check for new replies or respond here...