» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Brooke Shields Eyebrows

Written By: KKay on 01/25/08 at 11:46 am

not just a good band name.

It seems to me that the style is shifting back to this look.  I think it's great, being from a BSE inflicted family.
Tweeze or not to tweeze?

http://www.converse.edu/Academics/images/art/FrankTomsCollection/dscn7270.jpg

Subject: Re: Brooke Shields Eyebrows

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/08 at 12:04 am

I have bigger eyebrows (I mean..nowhere near Oscar the Grouch or Bert, or anything)...but I only tweeze mine slightly...I never liked the pencil thin look.

Written By: NbC on 01/26/08 at 6:23 am

I wouldn't mind half of her eyebrows.  I don't tweeze because if I did I wouldn't have any left.  ;D

Some eyebrows would be nice. 

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/08 at 8:47 am

There is a happy median between the two

Written By: Gis on 01/27/08 at 5:30 am

I hate the thin/no eyebrow look. I have fairly thick eyebrows and apart from getting rid of the odd stray one they are staying that way!

Written By: Tia on 01/27/08 at 5:47 am

ah, brooke. hair is healthy and human, i was looking at a cool PBS clip from the 70s and check out bill murray's bushy moustache!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9G6HxCkydOQ

e.g. at about 2:36.

Written By: KKay on 01/27/08 at 9:26 am

ah, brooke. hair is healthy and human, i was looking at a cool PBS clip from the 70s and check out bill murray's bushy moustache!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9G6HxCkydOQ

e.g. at about 2:36.

one bigg shields eyebrow on that lip!

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/27/08 at 8:52 pm

I used to sport the pencil-thin eyebrow look...it was such a pain to maintain! These days I only tweeze enough to get rid of the stray hairs.

Written By: saver on 01/27/08 at 9:13 pm

I remember when Brookes' eyebrows had their own area code!!!

NOW, the award is handed to Peter Gallagher............ :o

Written By: KKay on 01/28/08 at 8:37 am

^true.

i like the look. i try to stay away from the skinny brows..

and men, please stop. it looks rediculous.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/08 at 12:33 pm

I have/will NEVER touch my eyebrows. My theory is, once you start, you have to continue. I had a friend who was a cosmetologist. She wanted to do my brows in the worse way and I kept telling her-NO!!! DO NOT TOUCH!!!

Cat

Written By: KKay on 01/28/08 at 2:05 pm

I have/will NEVER touch my eyebrows. My theory is, once you start, you have to continue. I had a friend who was a cosmetologist. She wanted to do my brows in the worse way and I kept telling her-NO!!! DO NOT TOUCH!!!

Cat

so i'm learning. i want to grow them in and will have to live with the mess for a while.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/08 at 2:36 pm

so i'm learning. i want to grow them in and will have to live with the mess for a while.

My chin and my upper lip are another matter.  ::)

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/08 at 2:41 pm

I didn't do mine for the longest time, but now I have them waxes when I get go to the salon.  Waxing is great if done right

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/28/08 at 7:27 pm

Eyebrows are so important on a face,i'm so happy i haven't lost mine that was like the luckiest thing that could happen and it did :)

When i was younger some witch went crazy on my eyebrows and made me like Marlene Dietrich,i looked like Aileen from Monster and cried for a month til they grew back,since then i only take off a few stray hairs and leave em alone,i'm lucky 'cause i have a good natural shape and not Bert's :o

Written By: KKay on 01/28/08 at 10:06 pm

^  ;D

I'm glad you like them now.

I can't believe that my scandinavian self is blonde ....but for those darn eyebrows.
they are like....black!
ugh!

Check for new replies or respond here...