» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: BBC revives 1960s satirical show "The Forst Report"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 7:21 am

From BBC News Online

Satirical 1960s TV show The Frost Report will return as a one-off special featuring Michael Palin and John Cleese, the BBC has confirmed.

Host Sir David Frost will be reunited with the surviving members of the cast.

Ronnie Corbett and Tim Brooke-Taylor will also appear on BBC Four's two-hour revival on Easter Monday, 24 March.

The programme was the successor to the ground-breaking That Was The Week That Was, and its performers went on to create shows such as Monty Python.

It was in rehearsals for The Frost Report that Corbett and the late Ronnie Barker were first referred to as "the two Ronnies".

This phrase would go on to become the name of the pair's own long-running TV show.

One of the best-known sketches from The Frost Report involved the tall Cleese looking down at Barker and Corbett, making observations on the division of social classes by referring to their height.

Subject: Re: BBC revives 1960s satirical show "The Forst Report"

Written By: Bobby on 02/19/08 at 6:36 pm

Yes, 'The Frost Report' really made an impact though I could never imagine David Frost as a comedian host after seeing him interview celebrities on Sundays and countless episodes of 'Through the keyhole'.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/08 at 1:32 am

Yes, 'The Frost Report' really made an impact though I could never imagine David Frost as a comedian host after seeing him interview celebrities on Sundays and countless episodes of 'Through the keyhole'.
I grew up with David Frost being always on the television, so the interviews and 'Through the keyhole' is a complete reversal for me.

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/08 at 11:53 am

I grew up with David Frost being always on the television, so the interviews and 'Through the keyhole' is a complete reversal for me.

Yes, he was well known for his relaxed drone and 'Hello, good evening and welcome' intro.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 2:08 pm

Yes, he was well known for his relaxed drone and 'Hello, good evening and welcome' intro.
Sadly, the cannot be a recreation of the Social Classes Sketch with the original performers.

Check for new replies or respond here...