» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Morning Radio Shows-

Written By: KKay on 02/27/08 at 9:02 am

Being in NY we are bombarded with morning radio shows...we lived for years with Howard Stern- and after his move to satellite, we were presented with Opie and Anthony.  We havae our share of morning "zoos" and even their spanish-speaking counterparts.  I was doing a search and found that there are millions of them nation-wide...

Kidd Kraddick In The Morning
The Bob & Tom Show Worldwide
Lex & Terry Online
Lex and Terry Morning Radio Network. #1 rated in Jacksonville and soon the world.
The Award Winning Rick & Bubba® Web Site
The Steve & DC Morning Show
The Steve and DC Radio Show will return on Monday, January 7, 2008!!! Have a very Happy New Year and please be safe! ...
KQRS-FM
Morning Show Rebroadcast ... KQ Morning Show
Welcome to the official website of the Preston and Steve Show!

No matter where you live, you have them.  Tell me about the ones you like, dislike, or if you never tune in at all....
Morning Radio Shows

Subject: Re: Morning Radio Shows-

Written By: Red Ant on 02/27/08 at 1:17 pm

Tommy And Rumble here on FM99. Their show runs from 6-10 I think. I almost never catch it because I'm asleep then. Pretty decent show. Love their "Stupid News"...

"And now, bringing you all the news that's STUPID, with a name that's synonymous with STUPID, Tommy and Rumble!!"

I pick up another one out of Richmond some times. Great music, really lousy morning show though.

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/08 at 1:54 pm

I used to listen to Cousin Brucie on WABC in NYC way back in the dark ages.

There was a radio show I used to listen to in San Antonio. I can't remember their names but it was a husband & wife team. I used to love them. Met them a couple of times and talked to them frequently.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 02/27/08 at 2:42 pm

I used to listen to Cousin Brucie on WABC in NYC way back in the dark ages.

There was a radio show I used to listen to in San Antonio. I can't remember their names but it was a husband & wife team. I used to love them. Met them a couple of times and talked to them frequently.

Cat

he's still on sometimes...but at night. not as a morning drive-time show. he's great.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/28/08 at 2:27 am

I tend to prefer drivetime shows to breakfast shows. More so because I'm rarely up between 6 and 9am, or I just don't wanna listen to the radio during that time.

Every pop music station has their own morning team here. Some bloody awful, some good and some just ok. I'd rather not listen to a radio station where the DJ's are more interested in joking around, making bogus prank calls, etc. I find them to be annoying and they try too hard to be funny. Radio is about the music in my opinion, so really, if you're not gonna talk about the music you're playing SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

As you can see, I really don't like radio. ;D

Written By: KKay on 02/28/08 at 8:25 am

I feel the same way.  I find that there is a pattern to these shows. 
I get drawn in by one funny bit, then realise it's all the same.  I find it to be some type of phenomenon.  Why is it that every single city needs drive time...no, I mean morning comedy?  I'm not always awake and ready for it.  I get the idea of drive time and it is, of course a marketing scheme.  I would rather hear music than talk...but when I used to commute 2.5 hours in the afternoon, I enjoyed a laugh.

I found this really funny "how to" CD for sale online....

How To Get Onto Drive-Time Radio Shows
You will learn:

* Why drive-time radio is so valuable
    * The best way to “pay your dues” before getting onto a top show
    * The traits of an ideal guest
    * How to “play the game” with radio and TV pitches
    * The one word to never use in your pitch
    * How the producer creates a program
    * Who to call at the radio station
    * An example of a great pitch
    * How to piggyback off national news events
    * 4 ways to promote your new product
    * Why you must talk about the benefits of your product, not the features
    * The one newspaper you must read to learn more about hot trends
    * Another easy way to identify hot topics
    * The best day of the week to get TV coverage
    * Clever ways to make your story pitch fun
    * A phrase you can use on the air (DJ’s love it!)
    * Why the timing of your pitch is so important
    * How to use humor on the air
    * 2 ways to say thank-you after you’re on a show
    * Great tips for follow-up
    * satisfaction409What to do to get invited back
    * How to use food to get on the air

Written By: La Roche on 02/28/08 at 8:33 am

I usually listen to Bob and Tom on the way to work, they have some people on there show that I'm keen on even though I don't really find either Bob or Tom particularly amusing.

Chick McGee and Tim Badure crack me up.

We've also got Steve and DC, Some guy does 'The Morning Stove' but he's dull, 107.7 has some guy who's apparently funny but I find annoying, then we have all the political heads.

Written By: KKay on 03/03/08 at 10:45 pm

i'm curious to hear from people from places like.....idaho, montana.

does this apply?

Written By: La Roche on 03/03/08 at 10:47 pm

i'm curious to hear from people from places like.....idaho, montana.

does this apply?

I don't think they have radio yet in Idaho and Montana, although I'm sure the morning 'outsider lynch' goes down a treat.

Written By: KKay on 03/03/08 at 10:47 pm

I don't think they have radio yet in Idaho and Montana, although I'm sure the morning 'outsider lynch' goes down a treat.

haaahahaaa...
I was thinking 'town cryer"

Written By: loki 13 on 03/04/08 at 5:38 pm

I used to listen to The Howard Stern Show in the morning and Opie and Athony on the way home from work,
I still remember listening to the show that got them fired, but since they made the switch to satellite radio I listen
to sports talk radio now. I refuse to pay for radio I'll only listen to 20 minutes a day.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/08 at 7:06 pm

haaahahaaa...
I was thinking 'town cryer"

Same here for a minute.

Written By: KKay on 03/04/08 at 9:22 pm

and nothing...absolutely nothing makes a show worst than having a chick on ...i have yet to like a woman on a morning radio show....i have a favorite that i like in the afternoon...but no AM girls have been good enough for me yet

Written By: danootaandme on 03/11/08 at 4:47 pm

I don't know how anyone can listen to most of that crap.  Opie and Anthony??  What's is their story?  To me they just seem like over indulged 7th graders beating off in front of the mirror.

Written By: tv on 03/12/08 at 7:47 am

The last Radio Morning Show I was really into was Star & Buckwild on Power 105.1(NYC) but than Star got arrested for making threats against somebody's daughter(one of the parents of the daughter worked for rival station Hot 97.1, a station that the Star & Buckwild morning show used to be on.) Star was than banned from radio by "Clear Channel". I used to listen to listen too Michelle Visage & Goomba Johnny on KTU(103.5) (NYC) in the early 00's and than KTU fired Michelle Visage.

Written By: Midas on 03/12/08 at 10:36 am

I have a long commute so what I prefer on the drive to and from work is 1) music and 2) understandable traffic reports.  My girlfriend listens to John J & Rich on KISS-FM (Phoenix) and they're mildly entertaining but the traffic dude sounds worse than Borat. ::)  I stick with The Peak in the car, it's a Jack-FM format and traffic reports by the literate Detour Dan Beach. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/12/08 at 12:02 pm

...what I prefer on the drive to and from work is 1) music and 2) understandable traffic reports...

My sentiments exactly.  :)  I listen to WDRV-FM Chicago (the Drive) - the station is music-dominated and plays classic hits.  Just right for me.

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 03/17/08 at 2:33 pm

I used to produce a morning radio show in New York city - now, I don't even listen to the radio except for my good friend Ken Dashow on Q-104 and his "Breakfast with the Beatles" on Sunday mornings. 

Written By: diofan on 04/11/08 at 12:57 pm

I listen to the BJ Shea Morning Experience on KISW 99.9 FM Seattle. Also in Seattle is the Bob River's Show (Famous for it's twisted tunes) on KZOK 102.5 FM Seattle. Both shows air between 6 AM and 10 AM Pacific Time.

Both Stations have a listen link and Air online as well...visit the stations website to tune in.

Written By: KKay on 04/11/08 at 1:38 pm

I like the jersey radio station that has people call in and talk politics and jersey issues.  sometimes i'll do opie and anthoney cuz i like stand up comics and they tend to have them as guests..

Written By: kaleeb on 05/06/08 at 9:34 am

I live in Maryland, and I've always been a fan of Ellliot In The Morning on DC 101. If you can get past his maniacal laugh, the show is pretty funny, and makes time fly in the mornings.

Written By: KKay on 05/06/08 at 10:16 am

I live in Maryland, and I've always been a fan of Ellliot In The Morning on DC 101. If you can get past his maniacal laugh, the show is pretty funny, and makes time fly in the mornings.

can you hear this online?  i have been trying to sample all these shows.

Check for new replies or respond here...