» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Happy Birthday General Hospital

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 2:13 am

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/rank7272/generalhospital.jpg

April 1st 1963 General Hospital open its doors.  It started out as a 15 minute soap and grew into the legendary daytime drama it is today.

Luke & Laura graced the covers of People, Tv Guide and Time magazine.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/jude92/LnL.gif

Their wedding drew the largest numbers in daytime history. the record still stands!

They have given us great actors

Amber Tamblyn, Jonathan Jackson, Vanessa Marcil, Tony Geary, Rena Sofer, Steve Burton, Rick Springfield, Ricky Martin, Richard Dean Anderson ;D ;D  Come on you know there are some MacGyver lovin' mothers in this joint....mostly they entertained me for the last 28 years....

Storylines about Breast cancer, Aids and oh the hotel hostage crisis...

Mobsters rule

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/jajb515/1280x1024-Sonny-Jason.jpg

and

doctors drool

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh298/stacyghamcpixs/baby%20drake/n500817618_23607_6223.jpg

Now if only they'd put some full storylines and the nurses balls eps on DVD!  oh and bring back Lynn Herring...

I love ya GH!!!! keep rockin my world!

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday General Hospital

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 2:48 am

Do you remember when Ami Dolenz was on?

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 2:50 am

Do you remember when Ami Dolenz was on?

I do... Lou and Blackie (John Stamos)... I remember she wore this pink shirt with black dominos on it  I don't know why I remember that specific shirt but I do! and yes I know who her daddy is  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 2:53 am

I do... Lou and Blackie (John Stamos)... I remember she wore this pink shirt with black dominos on it  I don't know why I remember that specific shirt but I do! and yes I know who her daddy is  ;)

Gads, that was a long time ago. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:10 am

Gads, that was a long time ago. 

I know sick and twisted what my mind holds on to right?

I also remember when Felicia was talking about the Sound of Music and how one of the singing nuns looked like Lila Quartermaine.... Anna Lee was in the Sound of Music

I remember Pickle Lila...and Lila's friend servant....Stella.

I remember when Amber Tamblyn was on she danced with her real dad Russ at one of the nurses balls.

I remember when Emily and Lucky ran away to find Emily's real father they ran to (Boston?) and went to the RMV... I couldn't figure out what an RMV was but it was a DMV...

I remember when Katherine Delafield "died" and came back...that was such a happy day for me!

I remember when Brenda was snooping around the school and hid in the principals office. On Friday the computer was on the desk and on Monday the computer was on the Credenza behind the desk...oops...different directors different set dressers.

I remember when head writer Claire Labine (one of the best ever!) said in an interview that Vanessa Marcil would have chemistry acting with a door knob

I remember when Jason and Brenda got married  ;D  ;D  ;D

I remember the tributes paid to Jessie Brewer, Steve Hardy, Mary Mae, Ruby, and Lila

I remember when we had a Lucky who could actually act.....Jonathan Jackson.

I remember that I must do something else besides spending the day waxing poetic about GH

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 3:11 am

Didn't Luke have some sort of brain injury and become evil for awhile?

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:15 am

Didn't Luke have some sort of brain injury and become evil for awhile?

Tony Geary played Bill Eckart...Luke's distant cousin...he wasn't a nice guy. 

Luke tho... went through some midlife crisis and became more distant from his family...losing Laura made him quite angry too so he was short (angry), abrupt, and slightly complacent and wicked...but not really evil.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 3:16 am

Tony Geary played Bill Eckart...Luke's distant cousin...he wasn't a nice guy. 

Luke tho... went through some midlife crisis and became more distant from his family...losing Laura made him quite angry too so he was short (angry), abrupt, and slightly complacent and wicked...but not really evil.

That's what it was, distant cousin.  Darn distant memory.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:22 am

That's what it was, distant cousin.  Darn distant memory.

you want to talk distant memory....

When my 10 year reunion was coming up I looked pulled out the year book to try to refresh my memory.  (I spend too much time watching tv and can recite things that happen to characters verbatim but can barely recall events that have actually happened to me...  nor do I remember people I have actually met)

so I look at this year book and come across a classmate I knew fairly well.... Mary May and I say to myself "oh they got her name wrong"  I was thinking her full name was Mary Mae Ward (Rosalind Cash on GH)  the other part of this sad story is...

we had a girl who attended freshman year only. It was a private school and her parents pulled her out before soph year.  she was a good friend we always hung out every weekend but lost touch when she moved away.... I was at the table asking people if anyone ever knew what happened to Katherine Delafield... only the girl I was thinking of had a last name that was nothing like Delafield...everyone looked at me like I was nuts because they had no idea who I was talking about... yeah I was referring to GH.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 3:27 am

you want to talk distant memory....

When my 10 year reunion was coming up I looked pulled out the year book to try to refresh my memory.  (I spend too much time watching tv and can recite things that happen to characters verbatim but can barely recall events that have actually happened to me...  nor do I remember people I have actually met)

so I look at this year book and come across a classmate I knew fairly well.... Mary May and I say to myself "oh they got her name wrong"  I was thinking her full name was Mary Mae Ward (Rosalind Cash on GH)  the other part of this sad story is...

we had a girl who attended freshman year only. It was a private school and her parents pulled her out before soph year.  she was a good friend we always hung out every weekend but lost touch when she moved away.... I was at the table asking people if anyone ever knew what happened to Katherine Delafield... only the girl I was thinking of had a last name that was nothing like Delafield...everyone looked at me like I was nuts because they had no idea who I was talking about... yeah I was referring to GH.

Using the old TV/reality references.  My Mother would probably tell you to go read a book.

I could never be as TV based as you are.  Somehow I believe I missing out on a very useful part of psychology.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:32 am

Using the old TV/reality references.  My Mother would probably tell you to go read a book.

I could never be as TV based as you are.  Somehow I believe I missing out on a very useful part of psychology.

I lead a very rich fantasy life and a very dull real one.....

truth is tho tv characters rarely let you down.... real people,  :-\\ now that's a different story...

but I do know the difference between TV and reality...its not like I'm beating up Greg Vaughn in the store with my purse (I don't carry a purse) because Lucky cheated on my favorite sappy heroine Elizabeth!  She's better with Jason anyway! Unless the real Lucky comes back....fake Lucky sux.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 3:37 am

I lead a very rich fantasy life and a very dull real one.....

truth is tho tv characters rarely let you down.... real people,  :-\\ now that's a different story...

but I do know the difference between TV and reality...its not like I'm beating up Greg Vaughn in the store with my purse (I don't carry a purse) because Lucky cheated on my favorite sappy heroine Elizabeth!  She's better with Jason anyway! Unless the real Lucky comes back....fake Lucky sux.

Reality sucks.  I used to want to go to New York City so I could live like a Sweat-hog. :-[  They made the projects look cool.

TV drama is so much better and more creatively drawn out than real life.  One should practice swooning when ever possible.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:45 am

Reality sucks.  I used to want to go to New York City so I could live like a Sweat-hog. :-[  They made the projects look cool.

TV drama is so much better and more creatively drawn out than real life.  One should practice swooning when ever possible.

no kidding... I just wish you could really tell people off they way do in TV.  Life would be more fun if we could just say what we really thought

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 3:47 am

no kidding... I just wish you could really tell people off they way do in TV.  Life would be more fun if we could just say what we really thought

Very little repercussions.  I see nothing wrong with that.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:50 am

Very little repercussions.  I see nothing wrong with that.

ah the freedom we would have...not talking about going all nuts and ripping with the racist banter etc....just the fun sarcastic stuff like they do on Roseanne...or Roz from Night Court.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 3:53 am

ah the freedom we would have...not talking about going all nuts and ripping with the racist banter etc....just the fun sarcastic stuff like they do on Roseanne...or Roz from Night Court.

Life is not fair darn it.  I wanna life with the Beverly Hillbillies.  Dey got a Ceement pond. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:55 am

Life is not fair darn it.  I wanna life with the Beverly Hillbillies.  Dey got a Ceement pond. :)

and a chimp......

and 40 mil in the bank....yeah I want to be them too.

40 mil is a lot for now....imagine how much that was in the 60s.  no wonder Jethro never had to go to 'nam.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 3:57 am

and a chimp......

and 40 mil in the bank....yeah I want to be them too.

40 mil is a lot for now....imagine how much that was in the 60s.  no wonder Jethro never had to go to 'nam.

Oh yeah, and with the stuff that Grannie sips you'll never have to come within 10 yards of reality. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 3:59 am

Oh yeah, and with the stuff that Grannie sips you'll never have to come within 10 yards of reality. :)

what's it's just mountain dew......isn't it?  :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 4:05 am

what's it's just mountain dew......isn't it?  :D

I always knew it was a secret recipe.  They're always good.  My Dad want to go to Waltons Montain to see Miss Amy and Miss Emily and sip some of the recipe.  I got a feeling my Mom will have to drive the way back home. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 4:08 am

I always knew it was a secret recipe.  They're always good.  My Dad want to go to Waltons Montain to see Miss Amy and Miss Emily and sip some of the recipe.  I got a feeling my Mom will have to drive the way back home. :)

lol  I always wanted to go to Sacramento and hang with the Bradfords... it always freaks me out when I see the Bradford house used in a movie

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 4:09 am

lol  I always wanted to go to Sacramento and hang with the Bradfords... it always freaks me out when I see the Bradford house used in a movie

I am now officially envious.  Eight Is Enough was the coolest.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 4:13 am

I am now officially envious.  Eight Is Enough was the coolest.

as an only child its one of the few shows that made me wish I had sisters. 

Facts of Life made me wish I'd gone to Boarding School...or owned  a bakery...

OMG I just figured out why they changed it into a novelty shop...no not the fire storyline.

The girls were gaining weight and people were criticizing it so I bet they burned down to bakery to keep people from thinking the girls were sampling too many of Edna's edibles...wow I can't believe I just figured it out. the clarity you can reach on 40 ozs of dew after a 15 hour shift.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 4:19 am

as an only child its one of the few shows that made me wish I had sisters. 

Facts of Life made me wish I'd gone to Boarding School...or owned  a bakery...

OMG I just figured out why they changed it into a novelty shop...no not the fire storyline.

The girls were gaining weight and people were criticizing it so I bet they burned down to bakery to keep people from thinking the girls were sampling too many of Edna's edibles...wow I can't believe I just figured it out. the clarity you can reach on 40 ozs of dew after a 15 hour shift.

I wanted Jo to be my friend

I always like the Brady Bunch house design.  I figured they could have Marsha and Jane, I just wanted the house.

I also wanted to be on Little House On The Prarie but more towards the end.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 4:20 am

I wanted Jo to be my friend

I always like the Brady Bunch house design.  I figured they could have Marsha and Jane, I just wanted the house.

I also wanted to be on Little House On The Prarie but more towards the end.

I used to pretend to be Jill from Charlies Angels... and I always took the Love Boat to Fantasy Island!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 4:24 am

I used to pretend to be Jill from Charlies Angels... and I always took the Love Boat to Fantasy Island!

I had a thing for the Love Boat too.  Really weird, I never got off the ledo deck.

Didn't do Charlie's Angels but there were a few C*H*P*S episodes that I would have like to have lived.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 4:36 am

I had a thing for the Love Boat too.  Really weird, I never got off the ledo deck.

Didn't do Charlie's Angels but there were a few C*H*P*S episodes that I would have like to have lived.

CHiPs and Vega$ baby I was all over it! 

Personally I hung out on the Aloha Deck... but I was usually ducking Vickie...she wanted to be my friend but she was too whinny for me.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 4:42 am

CHiPs and Vega$ baby I was all over it! 

Personally I hung out on the Aloha Deck... but I was usually ducking Vickie...she wanted to be my friend but she was too whinny for me.

I was a bit too young to be hanging out at the bar with Issac.  Really wanted to though.

I also wanted to be on the Mini-Series North and South more than ANYTHING.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 4:43 am

I was a bit too young to be hanging out at the bar with Issac.  Really wanted to though.

I also wanted to be on the Mini-Series North and South more than ANYTHING.

aw he might shoot you with those hip fingers ...remember when they sailed to Australia?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 4:56 am

aw he might shoot you with those hip fingers ...remember when they sailed to Australia?

Vaguely

What was with Doc always shacking up with people during the cruises?  Talk about no repercussions.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:00 am

Vaguely

What was with Doc always shacking up with people during the cruises?  Talk about no repercussions.

not to mention...how desperate were they.... I mean there were plenty of available people on the ship really, Doc?  come on....walk a few feet further and find someone cute.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 5:04 am

not to mention...how desperate were they.... I mean there were plenty of available people on the ship really, Doc?  come on....walk a few feet further and find someone cute.

I think he was slipping people something.  That's the only way.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:05 am

I think he was slipping people something.  That's the only way.

Roofies 70's style! 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 5:08 am

Roofies 70's style! 

That would explain why all the women were sort of spaced out.

Oh, first time I heard Cool and the Gangs song Celebration was on an episode of C*H*P*S*  darn good memory.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:10 am

That would explain why all the women were sort of spaced out.

Oh, first time I heard Cool and the Gangs song Celebration was on an episode of C*H*P*S*  darn good memory.

when I first started working at my department Chips was aired on TBS very early in the morning. I used to wake up and watch it to help me learn radio codes  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 5:13 am

when I first started working at my department Chips was aired on TBS very early in the morning. I used to wake up and watch it to help me learn radio codes  ;D

Quincy MD got me interested in medicine a bit.

I always wanted to fly a chopper with Magnum PI. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:15 am

Quincy MD got me interested in medicine a bit.

I always wanted to fly a chopper with Magnum PI. 

my friend wanted to ride with Bj and the Bear

I wanted a ride in Kitt

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 5:17 am

my friend wanted to ride with Bj and the Bear

I wanted a ride in Kitt

What was that show about a family that was roughing it in the woods?  Apple Way, I think.  I always had dreams about doing that.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:21 am

What was that show about a family that was roughing it in the woods?  Apple Way, I think.  I always had dreams about doing that.

wow you just mentioned a show I've never heard of ...how'd you do that?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 5:24 am

wow you just mentioned a show I've never heard of ...how'd you do that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVn2KU5b1E

One of my favorite shows.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:32 am

wow Vince Van Patten and kristy McNichol?  I gotta watch that

we lived in Panama in 1974.

Big Bird was green and I was watching a lot of Thor and Ultraman...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/08 at 5:35 am

wow Vince Van Patten and kristy McNichol?  I gotta watch that

we lived in Panama in 1974.

Big Bird was green and I was watching a lot of Thor and Ultraman...

The show was absolutely charming.

Big Bird green eh?  Was Cookie Monster still Navy Blue.

Thor and Ultraman . . . neh, I always liked Speed Racer.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:42 am

The show was absolutely charming.

Big Bird green eh?  Was Cookie Monster still Navy Blue.

Thor and Ultraman . . . neh, I always liked Speed Racer.

I don't remember cookie monster....oscar still pretty much looked like Oscar but the eyebrows were different somehow.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/01/08 at 2:38 pm

Happy Birthday, General Hospital... thanks for the many years of entertainment! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/01/08 at 5:06 pm

Happy Birthday, GH. I LOVE how Luke used to call Lucky's dog "Skillethead". Can't remember the dog's real name.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 5:20 pm

Happy Birthday, GH. I LOVE how Luke used to call Lucky's dog "Skillethead". Can't remember the dog's real name.

Cat

Foster

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/01/08 at 6:57 pm

Foster

It just hit me right before I came back into this thread.  :D ;D ;D

I also love how Luke called Stefan "Count Vlad".  :D ;D ;D  Can you tell that I just love Luke. I heard that Anthony Geary would ad-lib all the time and kept everyone on their toes.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 12:04 pm

It just hit me right before I came back into this thread.  :D ;D ;D

I also love how Luke called Stefan "Count Vlad".  :D ;D ;D  Can you tell that I just love Luke. I heard that Anthony Geary would ad-lib all the time and kept everyone on their toes.

Cat

yeah he was really great....still is but really on top his game back in the day

I was always a fan of the reading of Damian Smith's will when he left everything to Lucky.... that was hilarious!!!!  Luke was throughly po'd

Written By: midnite on 04/04/08 at 7:12 pm

When is Frisco coming back?

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/08 at 10:30 am

When is Frisco coming back?

the answer is either Never....or when Jack Wagner decides he needs the paycheck more than he needs to separate from the show!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/08 at 1:46 pm

yeah he was really great....still is but really on top his game back in the day

I was always a fan of the reading of Damian Smith's will when he left everything to Lucky.... that was hilarious!!!!  Luke was throughly po'd

You know, I don't remember that. I sort of remember Damian Smith. I remember that he was a nasty character but I can't remember what he actually did.

I just watched this (now that I can  ;) )  I'm surprised. I thought I was the only who remember that show.  :D ;D ;D

Ok-back to GH.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 11:45 am

You know, I don't remember that. I sort of remember Damian Smith. I remember that he was a nasty character but I can't remember what he actually did.

I just watched this (now that I can  ;) )  I'm surprised. I thought I was the only who remember that show.  :D ;D ;D

Ok-back to GH.

Cat

Damian was mobster Frank Smith's son... so he was pretty much on Luke's poop list just by the nature of being born a Smith  ;D

he had his hand in many schemes.. none so prevalent their sticking out right now.  He spent a lot of time with Catherine Bell and then Lucy Coe.... but really loved tormenting Luke.

When Damian Smith was murdered Laura was put on trial for the crime but it turned out her defending attorney Justice Ward was actually responsible for Damian's death...  I went looking for clips of the will reading but found nothing... however, I found some other nice gems...you tube is loaded with classic GH moments!!!

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/08 at 12:00 pm

Ever heard that song about General Hospital?

It was called 'Gener Hospi-Tale' by The Afternoon Delights and was a US Top 40 hit in 1981

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 12:02 pm

Ever heard that song about General Hospital?

It was called 'Gener Hospi-Tale' by The Afternoon Delights and was a US Top 40 hit in 1981

of course I haven't ;)  but I will look for it

Thanks 

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 12:12 pm

actually I have heard it... I forgot all about it!!!  ;D

love it!

thanks... I owe you another karma tomorrow.

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/08 at 6:00 pm

^ It's a fun song indeed.  I like how they do the line "Paging Dr. Noah Drake to ICU to treat a case of heartbreak" ;D

speaking of which, Rick Springfield returned to that role a while ago.  Is he still on GH?

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 9:59 pm

^ It's a fun song indeed.  I like how they do the line "Paging Dr. Noah Drake to ICU to treat a case of heartbreak" ;D

speaking of which, Rick Springfield returned to that role a while ago.  Is he still on GH?

he was as of a couple of months ago I fell behind right around the time of the ball that killed a whole lot of people off.... no one ever said it publicly that I'm aware of but I think some of the writers must have worked on prime time shows and went on strike too because the writing changed and the stories kind of veered off midstream...Daytime tv belongs to a different union but if the writers worked on anything other than daytime then they were in the Guild too...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/08 at 1:02 pm

I started watching GH about 1992 and stopped about 2000? 2001? something like that.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...