» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: GREATEST BALLAD OF ALL TIME

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 8:06 am

I was going to say you only get 1 choice, but I couldn't narrow it down to just 1. LOL

So, you get 3 choices for GREATEST BALLAD OF ALL TIME

"I See Your Smile" by Gloria Estefan

"You'll See" by Madonna

"Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper

Subject: Re: GREATEST BALLAD OF ALL TIME

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/29/08 at 8:12 am

^ I love "Time After Time". That was one of my first favorite songs around 1984/85 (well, that's an understatement 'cause I had tons of first favorites lol).

Picking three is hard, but I guess I'd go with a few absolute longtime favorites. I think I have to make it 5 because I like so many songs.

"Rush Rush" by Paula, "Every Breath You Take" by The Police (well, that's midtempo I guess, but close enough), "Penny Lover" by Lionel Richie, "I Wanna Know What Love is" by Foreigner, and "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship (also middle tempo).

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 8:31 am

^ I love "Time After Time". That was one of my first favorite songs around 1984/85 (well, that's an understatement 'cause I had tons of first favorites lol).

Picking three is hard, but I guess I'd go with a few absolute longtime favorites. I think I have to make it 5 because I like so many songs.

"Rush Rush" by Paula, "Every Breath You Take" by The Police (well, that's midtempo I guess, but close enough), "Penny Lover" by Lionel Richie, "I Wanna Know What Love is" by Foreigner, and "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship (also middle tempo).

Great choices!  And if you're going to do 5, then I'm going to add 2 more LOL

Say Goodbye - Gloria Estefan

Strange - Tori Amos

Written By: Tia on 04/29/08 at 8:31 am

i've had "beth" by kiss in my head for like two days now. it's making me batty! :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/08 at 8:41 am

Sister Christian...by Night Ranger. I don't know...would you all consider this to be a ballad? I always have. Oh well...that's my choice, regardless. :P

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 8:43 am

Sister Christian...by Night Ranger. I don't know...would you all consider this to be a ballad? I always have. Oh well...that's my choice, regardless. :P

Did you see Johnny Galecki on The View yesterday?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/08 at 8:45 am

Did you see Johnny Galecki on The View yesterday?

OMFG...no. :o *runs off to youtube*

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 8:51 am

OMFG...no. :o *runs off to youtube*

LOL I didn't see it, but I go to Rosie O'Donnell's blog every day and one of the people who sent in a question made a comment about him being on there and of course I thought of you immediately :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/08 at 8:53 am

LOL I didn't see it, but I go to Rosie O'Donnell's blog every day and one of the people who sent in a question made a comment about him being on there and of course I thought of you immediately :)

damn...I usually watch it but yesterday I wasn't feeling well and took a nap, and missed it. I can't find it online now (on abc.com or on youtube). :(

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 8:54 am

When I thought..ballad..Chicago's If You Leave Me Now popped into my head...

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 8:56 am

damn...I usually watch it but yesterday I wasn't feeling well and took a nap, and missed it. I can't find it online now (on abc.com or on youtube). :(

:(  try again later or tomorrow...maybe nobody uploaded it yet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/08 at 8:56 am

The first ballad that springs to mind here is Eric Carmen's All By Myself

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 8:56 am

When I thought..ballad..Chicago's If You Leave Me Now popped into my head...

EXCELLENT choice.  definitely up there for me too.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/29/08 at 8:59 am

I love Chicago too, especially their '80s stuff like "You're the Inspiration". I first heard that on the radio one night in Florida (visiting our relatives out there) just after we left this arcade and mini golf course. I was like 3 or 4, lol.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 9:00 am

I love Chicago too, especially their '80s stuff like "You're the Inspiration". I first heard that on the radio one night in Florida (visiting our relatives out there) just after we left this arcade and mini golf course. I was like 3 or 4, lol.

wow, how do you remember that??

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/29/08 at 9:02 am

^Oh it's just sort of scattered memories. From about 3 to 5/6 I guess it's like that, which is what makes it even more special. I can't remember anything in detail, but I just know the basic feel of things and some small details. I always liked music too, so that tends to remind me of things too, I guess.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 9:05 am

^Oh it's just sort of scattered memories. From about 3 to 5/6 I guess it's like that, which is what makes it even more special. I can't remember anything in detail, but I just know the basic feel of things and some small details. I always liked music too, so that tends to remind me of things too, I guess.

That's really cool.  Yeah the early memories are the best!  My first memory is about a 2 second flash of being in my crib.  It had a design on the front and back that were circles cut out in different colors and I remember looking through one of the circles and seeing my mom walk into the room.  I can also just barely remember my mom giving me my bottle in our kitchen.  Just a flash... 

I miss being a kid :(

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/29/08 at 9:17 am

^ That's pretty good! I can't remember back that far, I think like 3 and a half is my earliest, although some might be from earlier and I don't have anything to date them with. My parents moved around alot when I was a kid and early teen, so that's kinda how I knew the time and all.

I had my 4th birthday in 1985 just before we left this one house, and I do remember that. I know what you mean, because my dad camcordered alot of that stuff, and my childhood was generally better than my teen/young adult years. Like 3-12 and especially up to 8.

Written By: ninny on 04/29/08 at 9:32 am

I've always liked ...Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley..even my 16 year old daughter likes that song
Wild Horses-- Rolling Stones
Melissa - The Allman Brothers (also my daughters name)
Wind of Change - Scorpions

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 9:34 am

^ That's pretty good! I can't remember back that far, I think like 3 and a half is my earliest, although some might be from earlier and I don't have anything to date them with. My parents moved around alot when I was a kid and early teen, so that's kinda how I knew the time and all.

I had my 4th birthday in 1985 just before we left this one house, and I do remember that. I know what you mean, because my dad camcordered alot of that stuff, and my childhood was generally better than my teen/young adult years. Like 3-12 and especially up to 8.

Those were definitely my best years too.  Teenage years were, unforunately, not my best.  Very awkward and lonely.  But yeah, as a kid, I had a great time.  And I wish there was more video of me back then.  I have about 3 home movies that I watch a couple times a year but I wish there was more. 

Written By: ninny on 04/29/08 at 1:22 pm

Sorry adding another one.....Lighting Crashes- Live

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 1:25 pm

Sorry adding another one.....Lighting Crashes- Live

ooooh i totally forgot about that song...that was a beautiful song!!

Written By: ninny on 04/29/08 at 2:09 pm

ooooh i totally forgot about that song...that was a beautiful song!!

I love it.just heard it a little while ago..the song has lots of meaning to me.The day after my grandfather died,one of my friends gave birth to her daughter..so I've always believed in that when person (Or Angel) dies another one is born..I know it sounds corny.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 2:18 pm

I love it.just heard it a little while ago..the song has lots of meaning to me.The day after my grandfather died,one of my friends gave birth to her daughter..so I've always believed in that when person (Or Angel) dies another one is born..I know it sounds corny.

aww, that's not corny at all. it's really sweet.  i totally believe that.

Written By: ninny on 04/29/08 at 2:30 pm

aww, that's not corny at all. it's really sweet.  i totally believe that.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/bigsexycharlotte/Snags/2525255FThanksCAT.gif

Written By: whistledog on 04/29/08 at 7:24 pm

Wishful Thinking by China Crisis.  I don't really know the true defenition of a ballad, but Wishful Thinking is a slow, soft beautiful melody, that gets me in a happy mood everytime

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/29/08 at 8:15 pm

I'll have to go by my personal favorites here...

"Bridge Over Troubled Water" - Simon and Garfunkel
"How Deep Is Your Love" - Bee Gees
"Live To Tell" - Madonna

Written By: midnite on 04/29/08 at 8:50 pm

Thalia - Entre El Mar y Una Estrella (Hands down the best ever)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_u__UIbUA

Daniela Romo - De mi enamorate   (Amazing)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX_o4oT3p6k

Shakira - Sombra de Ti (Phenomenal)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai2Qd_U6hjs

Chicago - You're The Inspiration   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jFSQp-Kw8

Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i54qdr2Ioi0

Stevie B - Because I Love You    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09qBdgqwYJY

Babs - The Way We Were   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEcQS4tXgQ&feature=related

There are so many more good ones.

Written By: woops on 04/30/08 at 3:47 pm

"Lost In Your Eyes"

Written By: whistledog on 04/30/08 at 7:25 pm

"Lost In Your Eyes"

who sings that? :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/08 at 4:36 am

"Lost In Your Eyes"

who sings that? :D
Possibly Debbie Gibson ?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/01/08 at 6:01 am

"Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera

"You do something to me" by Peter Weller

"Drowning in Your Eyes" by Ephraim Lewis

"I believe in you and me" by The Four Tops

"In my life" by The Beatles

Written By: mandamoo on 05/01/08 at 6:37 am

I had that as my 'walking down the aisle' song  :)

All By Myself - Eric Carmen

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/08 at 8:07 am

Robocop sings? :o

I assume you mean Paul Weller ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/08 at 8:31 am

All By Myself - Eric Carmen
Only the original will do for me.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/02/08 at 3:57 am

Oh that would have been lovely!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/02/08 at 3:59 am

Robocop sings? :o

I assume you mean Paul Weller ;)

Doh!

uh yeah...Paul Weller/Peter Weller... could have been Mary Weller for all I know.  :-[  Never was good at remember solo singers.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/02/08 at 8:45 pm

Chicago - You're The Inspiration  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jFSQp-Kw8

Thanks for posting that link, I may hvae to hvae a lost in Youtube night.  One of the related links is for Look Away by Chicago.  That is a very good song.

Written By: midnite on 05/05/08 at 10:56 pm

The Jets - You Got It All

Written By: Gis on 05/06/08 at 3:02 am

I was going to say you only get 1 choice, but I couldn't narrow it down to just 1. LOL

So, you get 3 choices for GREATEST BALLAD OF ALL TIME

"I See Your Smile" by Gloria Estefan

"You'll See" by Madonna

"Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper

Because of number one in you list I now have When I see you smile by Bad English in my head, now there's another good ballad...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTPZeo3Lps

John Waite's hair is scarey though!  ;D

How about Cheep Trick - The Flame.

Check for new replies or respond here...