» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Aint Nothing Like The Real Thing - Concert Recordings

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/15/08 at 10:13 pm

I've never started a topic and hope this one hasn't been done.

Who loves live music?  Ya know, unexpected lyric changes, shout-outs of the city's name, random hoots and hollers...

Do you have a favorite song performed live that you prefer over the studio recording?

Subject: Re: Aint Nothing Like The Real Thing - Concert Recordings

Written By: dmfan420 on 05/15/08 at 10:23 pm

I've never started a topic and hope this one hasn't been done.

Who loves live music?  Ya know, unexpected lyric changes, shout-outs of the city's name, random hoots and hollers...

Do you have a favorite song performed live that you prefer over the studio recording?

Is There Anybody Out There by Pink Floyd....the entire recording is just fan freakin tastik!!

And I have always been a big fan of the live version of Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac from The Dance cd.

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/08 at 6:22 pm

Needles and Pins by Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks.  This song I believe was only recorded live, but the way they performed it, I don't think I'd like a studio version.  One of the few live songs to chart in the US Top 40 during the 80s

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/16/08 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Written By: Lindee on 05/19/08 at 10:50 am

Some my favorite live versions are:
REO Speedwago- Ridin' the storm out. The studio version sucks  8-P
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Free Bird
Deep Purple-Smoke on the water

Written By: Davester on 05/19/08 at 9:58 pm

I gotta say that for the music alone, I'll always go with studio.  Something about live recordings with the subtle changes, pauses, ad-libbing and other things make me cringe a little bit...

Just for the fun of watching the musicians playing their instruments I liked watching the Cars and the Beach Boys performing at Live Aid.  The Beach Boys always look like they're having a genuinely good time and they make it all look so easy...

Written By: karen on 05/20/08 at 8:34 am

Headbutt by Otway and Barrett because they forget the lyrics a few times and have to get the crowd to help out.

Check for new replies or respond here...