» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Favourite Episodes of TV Shows

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/08 at 8:52 pm

In the thread TV Shows you didn't watch then, but now love, I mentioned a few episodes from TV shows that I loved, so why not do a spin-off thread on just that subject.

TV Shows past and/or present.  Any episodes that you really loved?  Ones that had you in tears, or put a smile on your face, or ones that are memorable for personal reasons?

Here's a few for me.  More to come ...

♦ "CHiPs" - Officer Cahill swerves to avoid a truck, causing a major car crash that left 11 people dead, rendering her uncaunscious.  That was the first episode of "CHiPs" where a victim died, and the episode unfolds like a CSI case.  It was a very well done storyline that truly showed the horrors that cops sometimes have to face on the streets.  It's not all about muggers and drunk drivers

♦ "Taxi" - Tony meets Herve Villachaise, and the gang dreams about what their fantasies would be like.  Latka's fantasy of Louie kissing up to him and Elaine's Broadway musical in the garage were great!

♦ "Mork and Mindy" - It's discovered that Mindy's childhood home is possessed by ghosts (In this episode, watch closely, and you can see the wire that pulls the sheet off the couch)

♦ "St. Elsewhere" - Pat Hingle plays a man who has to come to terms with the fact that his cancer stricken brother isn't going to make it

♦ "St. Elsewhere" - Judith Light plays a woman who believes that a surgeon botched her husband's operation, so she storms the O/R with a gun and holds everyone hostage

♦ "Hill Street Blues" - Det. Belker comes face to face with Captain Freedom, a man who believes he is an invincible superhero

♦ "MacGyver" - Thought to be dead (yet once again), Murdoc returns for revenge against MacGyver, high atop the cliffs of a mountain

Subject: Re: Favourite Episodes of TV Shows

Written By: woops on 06/25/08 at 9:43 pm

"Married with Children"... either the Christmas epoisode that parodies "It's A Wonderful Life" or when The Bundys and Darcy's battle over the yard. Though the episode where they went to find gold, live in the supermarket, Kelly & Bud double dating at the drive iRn... too mant classic episodes

"The Mighty B!"... "The Apprentice" is probably the most wildest episode at the moment and if it were to be a theatrical short, the whole movie audience would be bursting with laughter. It's about the troop leader hiring scout Bessie to help selling cosemetics.

"Ren & Stimpy"... "Stimpy's Invention" and "Boy Who Cried Rat" are probably among the funniest.

"Step by Step"... obiviously the one when Cody (not Zack) becomes a roadie/bodygaurd for Christie Rose

Written By: Davester on 06/25/08 at 9:50 pm

Northern Exposure (Body in Question) - Season 3 - Episode 6

A man, frozen in glacial ice for nearly two hundred years, is discovered in a spring melt swollen Alaskan river.  The forzen corpse is found to be a Frenchman and an aide to Napoleon Bonaparte.  According to the journal found with the corpse Napoleon was never present at the battle of Waterloo but instead trekking through the Alaskan bush.  The dilemma facing the residents of Cicely: Is it their duty to reveal this information to the world and alter history, or keep it a secret and let the current account stand...

Napoleon on an expedition in Alaska instead of on the battlefield of Waterloo, where he should have been, sends Joel into a metaphysical and existential crisis...

I love the whole concept of this episode...

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/25/08 at 10:56 pm

God as my witness, I honestly thought turkeys could fly.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/08 at 11:01 pm

I must love Hawaiian themed shows because 2 of my favorite episodes of the following shows took place in Hawaii.

Mama's Family

The Brady Bunch

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/08 at 11:55 pm

Jason....

you totally stole my topic idea! LOL

I like the music episodes of shows...

Cosby Show:  The anniversary show where they lip sync the Ray Charles song.

Facts of Life: The Christmas episode where they put on a benefit at the jail.
Facts of Life: The episode where they go cruising.
Facts of Life: The episode where everyone is studying for their finals.... It's not musical (although Tootie does sing "Celebrate" by Kool & the Gang.      (Nice Hat Natalie.... Great I'm working at half wattage here)

Brady Bunch: The ones where they sing Keep On  & Sunshine Day.

Then I also like the topical episode.

Facts of Life: The one where Nat is attacked.

Designing Women: The episode with Tony Goldwyn as a young guy dying of AIDs
Designing Women: The episode where Suzanne learns her new friend is a lesbian

Cagney & Lacey: The one where Cagney is raped
Cagney & Lacey: The one where Lacey is taken hostage

Third Watch: The one where Yokas and her daughter are held hostage in a bank robbery.

Mary Tyler Moore.... the pilot... I don't think there is a more perfect sitcom episode out there.

Friends: The Pilot
            The one with all the poker
            The one with the Blackout
            The one where Ross Finds out
            The one with the Prom Video
            The one where Ross and Rachel you know....
            and then that one episode where Ross and Rachel are fighting/breaking up again.... and everyone is trapped in Monica's bedroom

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Halloween (the one where people adapt the personalities of the costumes that they're wearing)
                                    Gingerbread (the one where the parents decide that the occult is bad and burn all the books)
                                    School Hard  (the one where Buffy has to fight Spike when he invades the school during Parent teacher night
                                    The Prom (the one where Buffy wins the umbrella trophy for being the protector of the student body)
                                    The Body (where Buffy's mother dies)
                                    Freshman (where Buffy adjusts to her college roommate)
                                    Hush (the one where everyone in Sunnydale loses their voice)
                                    Once More with Feeling  (The musical episode)
                                    and about 30 more episodes.

Charies Angels:    The one where Jill is Kidnapped (one of the cheryl ladd eps where Farrah had to return to fulfill her contract)
                          Angels in Chains the one with them in  a female prison camp.
                          Target Angels ( the one where Charlie's old war buddy is trying to "kill" the angels to flush Charlie out
                          the one where Kris is hit by a car and has amnesia.

Vegas: The episode with Lisa Hartman as a country singer who is raped by her body guard

Charmed: The episode where they go back in time (1970's San Francisco)
              The episode where Phoebe and Prue get in touch with their inner child to see fairies.

Andy Griffith: The one with Opie and the Bully (You wouldn't want my bones to get soft would ya Pa?)
                  The one where Opie is a keeper of th Flame.
                    The one where Opie throws a tantrum
                oh  and the one where Opie won't give his money to charity because he wants to buy his class mate a coat.  Andy tells him the story about a man who has 1.5 children or something.  And Opie asked what happened to the other half.... andy says its a ratio....opie says Poor Horatio"  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/26/08 at 12:03 am

The Waltons - Where Jason gets the job at the Dew Drop Inn.

The Addams Family - Morticia forces everyone to give to the charity auction. (till it hurts)

Facts Of Life - The first appearance of Jo at Eastland.

The Monkees - The Fairy Tale Episode

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/26/08 at 2:10 am

Fame  Season 1  :  Episode 2 - Passing Grade
The relationship between Coco and her dance instructor Lydia (DEBBIE ALLEN) turns into a cold war when they find themselves in direct competition for the lead in an off-Broadway...
http://www.hulu.com/watch/7285/fame-passing-grade#x-0,vepisode,1

http://www.hulu.com/watch/322/wkrp-in-cincinnati-turkeys-away#x-0,vepisode,1

Loved that episode too!

Others to follow as I think of them.

Written By: snozberries on 06/26/08 at 2:29 am

Fame  Season 1  :  Episode 2 - Passing Grade
The relationship between Coco and her dance instructor Lydia (DEBBIE ALLEN) turns into a cold war when they find themselves in direct competition for the lead in an off-Broadway...
http://www.hulu.com/watch/7285/fame-passing-grade#x-0,vepisode,1

http://www.hulu.com/watch/322/wkrp-in-cincinnati-turkeys-away#x-0,vepisode,1

Loved that episode too!

Others to follow as I think of them.

Patti that ep of Fame features one of my all time favorite Fame Songs "I Still Believe in Me"

my others are:

Step Up to the Mike
Starmaker
Reach for a Dream
Beautiful Dreamer
I Can Do Anything Better than You Can
Bet Your Life It's Me
Be Your Own Hero

Oh and I forgot to mention....

my fav eps of Leave it to Beaver are

Water Anyone? Where Beaver takes to selling water once he learns the neighborhood supply is going to be shut down
Party Invitation where Beaver is the only boy invited to a B-day PArty

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/08 at 7:52 am

Lots of good choices everyone :)

Here's a few more for me ...

"Mama's Family" - The Harper's compete on "Family Feud"

"Amazing Stories" - A WWII gunner (Casey Siemasko) becomes trapped in the belly of a plane when the landing gear is destroyed in battle.  Kevin Costner and Kiefer Sutherland guest star

"3rd Rock From the Sun" - When Harry (French Stewart) is captured, he becomes the main attraction in a circus show

"CHiPs" - A collision leaves a woman trapped in her car after fallen powerlines have electrified the freeway

"CHiPs" - Jon (Larry Wilcox) becomes a local celebrity after leaping from a bridge onto a runaway bus

"Taxi" - Elaine (Marilu Henner) gets an appointment to see a posh hairstylist (Ted Danson) who ends up giving her a hideous hairstyle

"Evening Shade" - After Harlan (Charles Durning) fakes his weight loss, he coaxes Herman (Michael Jeter) in pretending to be him when he learns Richard Simmons is coming with a TV crew to document the weight loss story

Written By: Davester on 06/26/08 at 8:13 am

Hey Dog, remember that ep of Three's Company where Jack and Chrissy are talking about one thing and Roper thinks they're talking about something else?  That was a good one... 

Written By: Step-chan on 06/26/08 at 4:00 pm

Mama's Family: The episode where Iola(I think I spelled her name right) had her mom's dead cat freeze dried.

Night Court: The episode where something happened to Dan(I forgot what exactly) that caused him not to be oversexed.

There are others which I post later.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/26/08 at 6:45 pm

The horror, the horror. ;D

That would be my favorite tv episode of any tv show ever.

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/08 at 7:02 pm

Hey Dog, remember that ep of Three's Company where Jack and Chrissy are talking about one thing and Roper thinks they're talking about something else?  That was a good one... 

Or the one where Mr. Furley had a misunderstanding ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/26/08 at 8:08 pm

There are so many that I love, but here's a couple that immediately comes to mind-

Family Ties - "Death of a Grocer", from Season 1. Mr. Adler really cared about Alex and pretty much treated him like a son. It made me sad that Alex quit to take that job at some new megamart, but it would turn out OK in the end.

Facts of Life - The episodes where Natalie gets attacked and the one where Tootie is recruited by a hooker.

Written By: Davester on 06/26/08 at 8:27 pm

Or the one where Mr. Furley had a misunderstanding ;D

But my favorite is the one when Jack gets hit by the kitchen door... :P

Gotta show Uncle Ned some love:  Family Ties - The Fugitive pts. 1 and 2 (the ones with Tom Hanks for those that don't know...)

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/08 at 8:31 pm

But my favorite is the one when Jack gets hit by the kitchen door... :P

Or the one where the girl dumps food all over Jack :D

Gotta show Uncle Ned some love:  Family Ties - The Fugitive pts. 1 and 2 (the ones with Tom Hanks for those that don't know...)

Or the more serious one where he finally realizes he has a drinking problem after he hits Alex

And speaking of Family Ties, the one I loved was where Timothy Busfield played Alex's friend who was getting married, to which Alex disaprooved and refused to attend the wedding, but when he shows up, Busfield interrupts the ceremony (in progress) to wave hi to Alex ;D

Written By: Davester on 06/26/08 at 8:37 pm

Or the one where the girl dumps food all over Jack :D

Or the more serious one where he finally realizes he has a drinking problem after he hits Alex

Yes and definately...

And speaking of Family Ties, the one I loved was where Timothy Busfield played Alex's friend who was getting married, to which Alex disaprooved and refused to attend the wedding, but when he shows up, Busfield interrupts the ceremony (in progress) to wave hi to Alex ;D

Ah yes, great ep.  The guy from Thirtysomething.  He pisses me off in that episode...

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/26/08 at 9:12 pm

My very favorite episode of Taxi is when Jim sets Louie's apartment on fire.

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/08 at 1:19 am

My very favorite episode of Taxi is when Jim sets Louie's apartment on fire.

mine is "What does the yellow light mean?"

"Slow down"

"Wwwwhhhhhhaaaattttttt"

"Dooooeeeessssssssssssss"

"The Yellll-"

"llloooooowwwwwwww"

"lllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt"

"mean?"

;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/08 at 8:22 am

another one:

Tales From the Crypt - Christopher Reeve plays the owner of a fading restaurant, whose business suddenly picks up when the mystery meat that he is serving up becomes the talk of the town

Written By: Step-chan on 07/03/08 at 3:55 pm

Family Matters- I think this is the one with Steve Urkel. There were a few episodes I like from this one. It's been awhile, so I'll try to remember the best I can.

1. The episode involving him having to beat some guy at the rope climb in gym.
2. The one where he had his robot fight crime, I think it also involved some hair products that caused the girls hair to fall out.
3. The ones where he transforms himself into his "cool counterpart", Stephan Ur-Kel.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air- There was an episode where they went to Las Vegas(I think it was Vegas), I really liked that one.

Written By: whistledog on 07/04/08 at 12:23 am

3. The ones where he transforms himself into his "cool counterpart", Stephan Ur-Kel.

Those one were always cool.  There was one where he used his Transformation chamber to become Bruce Lee, and went to a bar and started kicking ass ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/05/08 at 8:22 pm

Those one were always cool.  There was one where he used his Transformation chamber to become Bruce Lee, and went to a bar and started kicking ass ;D

I don't remember if I seen that one.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/08/08 at 8:27 pm

polymorph  Red Dwarf

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/08 at 9:50 pm

I don't remember if I seen that one.

There was a bunch of 'em actually ...

In the Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TY1wgQvf_U

In a Warehouse (Unfortunately the clip is dubbed in spanish): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGTF3sa69ag

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/08 at 9:56 pm

and speaking of 'Family Matters', gotta love this episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTeOcVelYi0

Check for new replies or respond here...