» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: celebrity hosted retrospectives of your favorite shows

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 12:18 am

I'm not talking about your regular old flashback episodes almost every show has one of those. I'm talking about a retrospective of a series hosted by a celebrity who is, in no obvious way, connected to the show.

I suppose we can include reunions hosted by celebs like: Still Brady After All these Years hosted by Jenny McCarthy
Or the retrospective/bloopers done with the Friends cast in Central Perk hosted by (was it Bob Costas? or was it Conan O'Brien? Suddenly I'm drawing a blank . . .

anyway, what really got me thinking about this was All in the Family. This morning tvland showed an episode of All in the Family that was a retrospective hosted by the late great Henry Fonda.

Then I remember Lucille Ball hosting one for Three's Company

and George Burns did one for the TV show Fame.

any others come to mind?   

Subject: Re: celebrity hosted retrospectives of your favorite shows

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/08 at 1:59 am

^ That 'Friends' one was done by Conan O'Brien

Cheers had one (split into a 2-part episode) where TV interviewer John McLaughlin gathered current cast members and past cast members on a stage, and showed clips

Recently, Al Roker gathered interviewed the cast of Family Ties (including show creator Gary David Goldberg)

I can't think of any others off hand

Subject: Re: celebrity hosted retrospectives of your favorite shows

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 10:13 am

^ That 'Friends' one was done by Conan O'Brien

Cheers had one (split into a 2-part episode) where TV interviewer John McLaughlin gathered current cast members and past cast members on a stage, and showed clips

Recently, Al Roker gathered interviewed the cast of Family Ties (including show creator Gary David Goldberg)

I can't think of any others off hand

Yeah it was one of those brain-fart moments that comes with age. . .  by the way WD if I ever get on Millionaire's TV Week you're totally gonna be my phone a friend  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...