» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What is the worst movie you've ever seen

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/03/08 at 2:15 pm

I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone thinks is the worst movie  or two they've ever seen.

For me it is a toss up between Freddie got Fingered or Ringmaster 8-P

Subject: Re: What is the worst movie you've ever seen

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/08 at 2:21 pm

With all the hype around the film Saturday Night Fever turned out to be on my worse list.

Please include The Exorcist 2 too.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/03/08 at 4:24 pm

I actually walked out of the theater in the middle of "Little Shop of Horrors".  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/08 at 4:26 pm

More...

Along Came Polly
What Women Want
Jack
Birth
Maid In Manhattan

Written By: Red Ant on 08/03/08 at 5:13 pm

In the theatre: Larry, Health Inspector

At home: It would be a toss-up between Transformers, which I stopped watching about an hour an a half in, or some flick I caught on Lifetime about this troubled teen girl who starts self-mutilating. That movie was like 3.5 hours long and had the crappiest ending I've ever seen in a film. If anyone knows the film I'm talking about by name, please let me know.

Ant

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/08 at 6:45 pm

At the cinema: Probably Spawn - I hadn't got a clue what was going on, lol.

At home: My best friends wedding . . .  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 8:54 pm

I actually walked out of the theater in the middle of "Little Shop of Horrors".  8-P

I walked out of Scary Movie and demanded (& got) a refund

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/08 at 10:00 pm

Johnny English (and I LOVE Rowan Atkinson...but the movie sucked).

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/08 at 1:16 am

The same here + Mr Bean's Holiday

Written By: danootaandme on 08/04/08 at 5:00 pm

Something About Mary is about as lame as it gets.  I truly can't understand why it was so popular

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/08 at 5:06 pm

Something About Mary is about as lame as it gets.  I truly can't understand why it was so popular
Even the trailer was bad!

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 5:56 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. I was dissapointed that the 'film' was exported with a need for every British stereotype in place.  ::)

Rowan Atkinson hasn't done anything good since Blackadder (and that includes the overated mediocrity that is Mr Bean and it was the genius characterisation of Inspector Derek Grim that made me watch 'The Thin Blue Line').

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/08 at 6:07 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. I was dissapointed that the 'film' was exported with a need for every British stereotype in place.  ::)

Rowan Atkinson hasn't done anything good since Blackadder (and that includes the overated mediocrity that is Mr Bean and it was the genius characterisation of Inspector Derek Grim that made me watch 'The Thin Blue Line').
His appearances in Four Weddings And A Funeral and Love Actually were good.

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 6:10 pm

His appearances in Four Weddings And A Funeral and Love Actually were good.

Bleh!  8-P

Written By: midnite on 08/04/08 at 8:24 pm

Swingers was really bad.  Lets be honest. Everyone loved it for some reason.  It was only about two idiots walking around saying "You're Money Baby" and "I'm Money Baby."  Very Bad.

Royal Tannenbaums was horrendous.  I walked out of the theater (and almost left my date there, lol)

Written By: loki 13 on 08/04/08 at 8:38 pm

I have 2 that I think were equally bad, one was a 1977 movie with Roy Scheider called, "Sorcerer" and
the other was movie that I fell for the hype, don't know why but I did and I still regret it. That movie would
be, "The Blair Witch Project."

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 8:57 pm

Royal Tannenbaums was horrendous.  I walked out of the theater (and almost left my date there, lol)

Yes, I remember watching The Royal Tenenbaums and thinking it was either pretty rubbish or I'd missed something along the way, lol.

Written By: whistledog on 08/04/08 at 11:11 pm

"Freddy Got Fingered" starring Tom Green

I actually wanted to poke my eyes out after watching this movie, it was just so f*cking dumb.  I emplore you, before you actually say what is the worst movie you ever saw, take this film into consideration.  I can almost guarantee that no movie in the history of movies and movies to come in the future is and will ever be as stupid as this one

Don't believe me?  Well, you be the judge:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVi8wwQPGQ

Written By: woops on 08/04/08 at 11:18 pm

"Air Guitar Nation", thought it was a joke until I realized that it wasn't...  ::)

Written By: zacpot on 08/05/08 at 3:55 am

I actually wanted to poke my eyes out after watching this movie, it was just so f*cking dumb.  I emplore you, before you actually say what is the worst movie you ever saw, take this film into consideration.  I can almost guarantee that no movie in the history of movies and movies to come in the future is and will ever be as stupid as this one

Don't believe me?  Well, you be the judge:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVi8wwQPGQ

I hear ya,  it was without a boubt the dumbest movie i have ever tried to watch, even then i couldn't watch it all  

Written By: Bobby on 08/05/08 at 5:50 am

I did get to the end of it, lol.

The worst part of the film for me was understanding Tom Green was grossing people out with his character and then attempt to make him a hero at the end . . . Talk about trying to have his cake and eat it.

Written By: nupur on 08/05/08 at 8:53 am

Elizabethtown with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst. Just when you think it's gonna end, it keeps going. And that happens about 3 times.

Written By: midnite on 08/05/08 at 9:16 pm

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas was really bad.

Written By: whistledog on 08/05/08 at 9:27 pm

It certainly was, and what I can never understand is so many people praise that movie as being "A work of genius" and "a really great film that you simply have to see"

I saw it, and I wish I hadn't.  It's pretty much a movie filmed through the eyes of someone on crack.  Say "NO" to Drugs.  Say "NO" to this movie LOL

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/08 at 12:42 am

HI I'M HUNTER S. THOMPSON AND I'M GOING TO EXPOSE HOW FREAKED-OUT THE POLITICAL SEASON AND THEN I'M GOING TO BE TOO FREAKED-OUT ABOUT GROWING OLD TO DEAL!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rudolf.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/06/08 at 1:09 pm

Adam Sandler's "Eight Crazy Nights".

I couldn't stand that movie, it was just Adam Sandler as the little angry guy that he always plays.

And that's why whenever I impersonate Adam Sandler, I would end it with him saying "I'M ADAM SANDLER, BITCH!!!"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/08 at 7:21 pm

One of the worst movies ever, either the TV or the cinema version, is called "Mitchell."  I think it orignally came out in 1975, but it was a big hit on MST3K.  It stars Joe Don Baker as a Schlitz-drinking cop named Mitchell and Linda Evans as his pot-smoking girlfriend.  There's some lame-ass spy intrigue plot in there and the acting and dialog all appear to be only-takes!
:D

"Red Zone Cuba" was completely terrible, but it contains one of my favorite quotes:

"All the way to hell, with a penny and a broken cigarette!"

There's also "The Blue Lagoon" (Brooke Shields, Christopher Atkins, 1981)

On my still-to-see list: "Che!" Starring Omar Sharif!

Written By: Dagwood on 08/06/08 at 7:56 pm

Death Proof.  This movie is beyond bad.

Written By: Davester on 08/06/08 at 8:05 pm

I guess it would be Dolores Claiborne, I think it was a Stephen King movie.  I don't remember much about it but I do remember waiting to be shocked, or whatever it was supposed to be, and then the movie ended.  Maybe I just didn't get it...

Something about she throws her husband into a deep hole and leaves him there, or something.  Seemed pretty tame...

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/08 at 2:51 am

I guess it would be Dolores Claiborne, I think it was a Stephen King movie.  I don't remember much about it but I do remember waiting to be shocked, or whatever it was supposed to be, and then the movie ended.  Maybe I just didn't get it...

Something about she throws her husband into a deep hole and leaves him there, or something.  Seemed pretty tame...
I found tthat to be the same as you. The book was a page-turner, but for the film...

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/07/08 at 9:33 am

I did get to the end of it, lol.

The worst part of the film for me was understanding Tom Green was grossing people out with his character and then attempt to make him a hero at the end . . . Talk about trying to have his cake and eat it.

Yep Ditto whta s piece of crap, and a waste of money.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/07/08 at 9:54 am

I found tthat to be the same as you. The book was a page-turner, but for the film...

Dolores Claiborne was a great book.  A lot is lost in translation to the movie.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/07/08 at 6:07 pm

A real bad movie simply because of the plot is Top Gun. Here is a guy who, through most of
the movie is an arrogant piece of crap with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove and
all the other pilots hate him. At the end of the movie, he talks to his dead friend, becomes the
best wing man ever, everyone thinks of him as a hero and is now loved by all.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/08 at 9:26 pm

Plenty (1985)

Meryl Streep
Sting

Pretentious! Boring! Nobody who likes this movie can even tell you what this movie is about because it's not really about anything.

Kind of like Xanadu, just bucks-o-tears boring, boring, boring!

Then like in high school all the girls I wanted to go out with loved the film "A Room with a View." 

Again.  Pretentious.  Boring.....oh god, A Room with a View is so wishy-washy and gutless and tedious and dull, dull, dull, desperately dull!
8-P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/07/08 at 11:41 pm

I hated a few of them, can't decide which was worse:

Michael (starring John Travolta as an angel)

Eyes wide shut (I usually can tolerate Stanley Kubrick, but man, that was above my head)

Premonition

The Reaping

The Wicker Man (starring Nicolas Cage)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/08 at 1:31 am

The Wicker Man (starring Nicolas Cage)

The remake, not the original ?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/08/08 at 1:43 am

The remake, not the original ?

Yeah the remake, I haven't seen the original as yet.  Unless it's better then the original, I'm not in any hurry to watch it either.  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/08 at 1:45 am

Eyes wide shut (I usually can tolerate Stanley Kubrick, but man, that was above my head)

Being a Kubrick fan myself I find Eyes Wide Shut uncomfortable to watch.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/08 at 9:54 pm

Being a Kubrick fan myself I find Eyes Wide Shut uncomfortable to watch.

Oh, it wasn't s'posed to be comfortable.

Cruise and Kidman did a good job; the perfect pair for the naivete of the characters.

Plus the soundtrack featured music by Gyorgy Ligeti.  And...in that really creepy "Masked Ball" scene there's the piece by British composer Jocelyn Pook called "Masked Ball" (based on an earlier piece called "Backwards Priest") which featured recordings played backwards of two Eastern Orthodox priests, Romanians I think, celebrating mass.

Peter Godwin (of "Images of Heaven" fame) is credited as being in among the masked ball procession, but I can't tell which one because they're, well, masked!

8)

And now on AMC they're showing "Motel Hell" (1980), which is as bad as you can get without being John Waters they're-doing-it-on-purpose kitsch!

"By Day they Ran a Motel
By Night, they Ran Amok!"

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/08 at 4:11 pm

Material Girls starring the Duff sisters  8-P  I can't believe I just admitted watching this piece of crap!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/08 at 4:48 pm

"Red Zone Cuba" was completely terrible, but it contains one of my favorite quotes:

"All the way to hell, with a penny and a broken cigarette!"

Oh man, that movie was REALLY, REALLY BAD!!! But I must admit, I can't recall laughing so hard watching it as Mike, Crow, & Tom Servo did their schick to it.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Another bad one (which MST3K probably couldn't redeem) was called "Don't Go Into the Woods" and my advice is: Don't Go To See It!  8-P 8-P 8-P  Yes, a slasher movie-and there was no sense to it. I think that was the one and only time I walked out of a movie theatre.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/08 at 4:55 pm

There was a movie starring Jennifer Beals, I don't remember the name of it, it features one of my all time favorite worst movie concepts. 

Jennifer Beals' character was trying to covey just how poor her family was growing up and she said she had to go from room to room carrying a light bulb if she wanted light in the other room because the family could only afford that one bulb.  ::) 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/08 at 5:04 pm

There was a movie starring Jennifer Beals, I don't remember the name of it, it features one of my all time favorite worst movie concepts. 

Jennifer Beals' character was trying to covey just how poor her family was growing up and she said she had to go from room to room carrying a light bulb if she wanted light in the other room because the family could only afford that one bulb.  ::)   

The Bride?  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/08 at 5:09 pm

The Bride?  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

LOL... no it was even more low budget than that. It was direct to video or direct to late night payperview...it was really bad.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/10/08 at 5:52 pm

Never Talk To A Stranger - I bought the DVD because I was bored and it was $5.  It was Antonio Banderes and Rebbecca Demoney at their worst.

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 08/10/08 at 9:08 pm

Baby Geniuses. Saw it when I was 10, and God, I have never been so ashamed of myself for wathing a movie in my life.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/12/08 at 9:02 pm

I would say "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III". It was the first movie that I can recall wanting to see so bad when it came out around 1992 or '93 that I literally begged my parents to take me to see it.

It turned out to be nothing more than a waste of time and my parents money, and I was so disappointed I didn't go back to the theater to see a movie for 3 or 4 more years.

Written By: Tia on 08/12/08 at 9:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVb2xZn2gqY

TURD. >:(

Written By: Tia on 08/12/08 at 9:18 pm

actually, i changed my mind. i watched the rest of the clip and i like it now.

Written By: Jessica on 08/12/08 at 10:18 pm

Rice nominates "Red Sonja". :D

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/08 at 11:33 pm

^ But that's classic Schwarzenegger.  What's better than a bad actor saying words that are hard to understand while he swings a sword into people's stomachs? :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/08 at 12:39 am

"Howard the Duck" somebody mentioned above.  I really did see this in the theater when it came out.  It has a bunch of funny bits in it.  However, HTD was just a character that flopped.  They finished the project in spite of themselves! 

"Reds" (1981) is truly awful.  I don't care what anybody says.  It had all the elements of a great film but didn't assemble them!  Or maybe frikkin' Warren Beatty doesn't really dig a cat like John Reed, though he may want to."
::)

"Waterworld" (1996) isn't even fun to watch in a campy sort of way, like "Mad Max"!  I assumed for some reason it was going to be based on JG Ballard's "The Drowned World" novel, so I was a little baffled.  Kevin Costner should stick to acting.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/13/08 at 1:11 am

Flash Gordon is one of the worst

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/08 at 2:04 am

Flash Gordon is one of the worst
Did you ever see Flesh Gordon?

Written By: holicman on 08/13/08 at 8:39 am

The Piano was a heap of sheesh.

Written By: Tia on 08/13/08 at 8:43 am

only about 85 times.

Written By: woops on 08/13/08 at 4:55 pm

"The Island"... wasn't for Scarlett Johansson I would never have watched this mess :P

Written By: whistledog on 08/13/08 at 6:40 pm

"The Island"... wasn't for Scarlett Johansson I would never have watched this mess :P

Man, you don't know action.  That was one of the best movies I saw last year.  That freeway scene alone made it worth the price of admission

Written By: Tia on 08/13/08 at 7:40 pm

i dunno about best movie of last year but i was pleasantly surprised. it was ridiculous but shamelessly so, and it was a lot of fun. course i liked "day after tomorrow" and "deep impact" so...

it is, of course, an unacknowledged sequel to "parts: The clonus horror," which is famous among mst3k fans.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/08 at 11:51 am

Various aspects of Titanic makes it a worse movie seen.

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 08/14/08 at 7:58 pm

Various aspects of Titanic makes it a worse movie seen.

Definitely. What sucks is that it's the highest grossing film of all time. Hopefully the Dark Knight keeps a good momentum and eventually surpasses it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/08 at 9:19 pm

i dunno about best movie of last year but i was pleasantly surprised. it was ridiculous but shamelessly so, and it was a lot of fun. course i liked "day after tomorrow" and "deep impact" so...

it is, of course, an unacknowledged sequel to "parts: The clonus horror," which is famous among mst3k fans.

Remake with Michael J. Fox?
???

Sorry, sorry.....
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Leanord Part 6 (Bill Cosby)
Ghost Dad (Bill Cosby)

Tommy (The Who, which I wish to qualify by saying the concept album was superb, the movie was too cheesy to do it justice)

Speaking of...
Immortal Beloved (w/Gary Oldman, who's one of my favorite actors, but Beethoven was not Sid Vicious, mmmkay!"

The Day After

The Big Chill/St. Elmo's Fire

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/08 at 7:26 am

The Day After

Now that was a big sleeper.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/08 at 6:25 pm

Speaking of...
Immortal Beloved (w/Gary Oldman, who's one of my favorite actors, but Beethoven was not Sid Vicious, mmmkay!"

The Immortal Beloved that I know of is a porn flick-and not a bad porn flick at that.  :o :o :o :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 08/17/08 at 6:50 pm

In second place for me is ...

The Big Kahuna (2000)
Peter Facinelli, Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito play three lubricant salesmen sent to land an important account with a very rich businessman known only as The Big Kahuna.  This movie was nothing more than 90 minutes of three guys arguing in a hotel room suite.  Suddenly that paint drying is looking more and more like an Oscar Winner

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/08 at 9:47 pm

Tuff Turf (1985)

For a second in there you can see a crew member on the set, not to mention the boom mics and just being a horrible mess.  It wasn't even accidentally amusing.  I think I saw it on a hot summer afternoon when I nothing else to do.  I got back home and my mother asked, "What did you go see?"
"Tuff Turf," I mumbled heading to my room.
Tuff Turd?"
"Yeah, that about sums it up."
:P

An' I don't care what anybody else says or if I said it before, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" was a total rotter.

Written By: Davester on 08/18/08 at 11:10 pm

The Day After

Was there another "The Day After" after the '83 "The Day After"?  If not, you must have an impeccable memory.  All I can muster is mushroom clouds, cannibalism and curbside executions for stealing bread...

Yeah, maybe it was a pretty bad flick...

Written By: whistledog on 08/18/08 at 11:11 pm

Tuff Turf (1985)

For a second in there you can see a crew member on the set, not to mention the boom mics and just being a horrible mess.  It wasn't even accidentally amusing.  I think I saw it on a hot summer afternoon when I nothing else to do.  I got back home and my mother asked, "What did you go see?"
"Tuff Turf," I mumbled heading to my room.
Tuff Turd?"
"Yeah, that about sums it up."

Did you just dis' a Kim Richards movie?  Uh-oh :D

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 08/19/08 at 3:00 pm

Dreamcatcher from '03. Based on a Stephen King novel, it just completely sucked, pardon the expression.  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/08 at 9:23 pm

Was there another "The Day After" after the '83 "The Day After"?  If not, you must have an impeccable memory.  All I can muster is mushroom clouds, cannibalism and curbside executions for stealing bread...

Yeah, maybe it was a pretty bad flick...

The British film "Threads," which came out about the same time, is much more hard-hitting. 

The ridiculous thing I remember is the schools warning the kids watching "The Day After" might be very traumatizing.  That was about the best promo scheme to date.  Rod Serling already worked with most of the scenarios in the film 20+ years earlier.  They pointed too rosy a picture of life after the atomic wars.  I new this when I was a kid too.  The filmmakers even put an epilog notice stating just this.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/20/08 at 1:33 am

I worked in a video store in the early 80's and we sold and rented the VHS movie of it. I saw it a couple times. it's pretty lame  ;D 

only about 85 times.
do you think you will ever watch it again?

Written By: Tia on 08/20/08 at 6:56 am

Did you just dis' a Kim Richards movie?  Uh-oh :D
it's all good, KR's been in lots of terrible movies. it's part of her je ne sais quoi. i happen to like terrible movies. 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/08 at 7:07 am

I worked in a video store in the early 80's and we sold and rented the VHS movie of it. I saw it a couple times. it's pretty lame  ;D 
Was the video one of the best sellers?

Written By: woops on 08/20/08 at 3:29 pm

The Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie. though only about three funny scenes and better off as a regular 11 minute episode

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/08 at 11:07 pm

Well, it's probably still better than ("T)its A Wonderful Life" or "Mr. Fun's Mondo Adventure."

Xanadu, which doesn't qualify due to extreme kitsch factor. 

"The China Syndrome"
"Big Trouble in Little China"
"The High Road to China"
"Shang-Hai Surprise" (Madonna)
"Graffiti Bridge" (Prince)

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." 
All action no substance.  The ditzy dame  "Willie Scott" played by Kate Capshaw did a lot of damage to the film.  The IJ character works much better when he's got a leading lady who's smart and shrewd, such as Karen Allen's "Marion Ravenwood" from Raiders. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/08 at 11:15 pm

it's all good, KR's been in lots of terrible movies. it's part of her je ne sais quoi. i happen to like terrible movies. 8)

Then Tuff Turf is the one 4U!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif

Written By: Tia on 08/22/08 at 6:39 am

i had an idea for a new superhero: "Bumblin' Man"! he has a magical ability to actually pratfall his way out of fights by slipping and falling out of the way of incoming kicks and punches and accidentally knocking things over that render criminals unconscious. the "B" and the "M" on his costume would be sorta close to each other but not so close it's obvious.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/22/08 at 9:49 am

i had an idea for a new superhero: "Bumblin' Man"! he has a magical ability to actually pratfall his way out of fights by slipping and falling out of the way of incoming kicks and punches and accidentally knocking things over that render criminals unconscious. the "B" and the "M" on his costume would be sorta close to each other but not so close it's obvious.

Lord I was born a bumblin' ma-an...

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/22/08 at 10:22 am

The Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie. though only about three funny scenes and better off as a regular 11 minute episode

I agree it was a major disappointment

Written By: Tia on 08/22/08 at 10:25 am

Lord I was born a bumblin' ma-an...
oo! i wonder how much i'd have to pay for the rights.

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/08 at 11:10 pm

Orlando  8-P

I saw it when it first came out and it made no sense.

Just finish reading the book which tells me why the movie sucked so bad....

the movie still sucks on it's own as well tho.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/08 at 2:47 am

No redemption for

The Lost Boys

whatsoever.  Sorry.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/08 at 11:14 am

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." 
All action no substance.  The ditzy dame  "Willie Scott" played by Kate Capshaw did a lot of damage to the film.  The IJ character works much better when he's got a leading lady who's smart and shrewd, such as Karen Allen's "Marion Ravenwood" from Raiders. 

I can't agree more. I really HATED Temple of Doom. Not only was she ditzy but she was a whiner, too which I really hated!!!!  8-P 8-P 8-P I also hated that little kid. He was just so annoying.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 11:25 am

temple of doom had its problems but it was better than last crusade. :P i mean, yes, it had short round and kate capshaw, but it also had people eating bugs and eyeballs! and it had some dude getting his heart ripped out of his chest! when i was 13 that stuff was fun!

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/02/09 at 10:46 pm

The Master of Disguise! I felt myself losing IQ points while I watched it.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/02/09 at 11:14 pm

I couldn't agree more.

I also really hated Gangs of New York.  UGH.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/09 at 11:29 pm

Red Zone Cuba

I griped MST3K shouldn't have even bothered making an episode out of it.  RZC isn't even accidentally amusing.  It sucks in every way possible, including being so dull it'll make you want to hang yourself in your closet!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/BangHead.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleman_Francis

Coleman C. Francis (January 24, 1919 – January 15, 1973) was an American film director and actor. He has become known in recent years for the abysmal production quality of his three self-produced 1960s films. His trademark style includes murky black & white scenes with poor acting, usually in desert locations, a preoccupation with light aircraft and parachuting, and coffee or cigarettes serving as a prop or a center of conversation. The plot often wanders inexplicably, to the point that some critics have suggested it represents an intentional artistic style.

"All the way to hell with a penny and a broken cigarette!"

--Thematic line from Red Zone Cuba

Written By: Davester on 01/03/09 at 3:59 am

temple of doom had its problems but it was better than last crusade. :P i mean, yes, it had short round and kate capshaw, but it also had people eating bugs and eyeballs! and it had some dude getting his heart ripped out of his chest! when i was 13 that stuff was fun!

Last Crusade is George and Stevie's apology for TOD.  Last Crusade came dangerously close to being a comedy.  I really don't need to see two hours of Indy bickering with his old man.  Yuck...

Human sacrifice is always a fun time at the movies... :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/09 at 12:44 pm

Last Crusade is George and Stevie's apology for TOD.  Last Crusade came dangerously close to being a comedy.  I really don't need to see two hours of Indy bickering with his old man.  Yuck...

Human sacrifice is always a fun time at the movies... :P

Just watch The Last Crusade last night.  :D ;D ;D

I know people are going to jump all over me for this but I hated Pulp Fiction. The first time I watched it, I really couldn't get into it. There were several people here who said to give it another chance-I did and I STILL hate it.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 12:48 pm

Just watch The Last Crusade last night.  :D ;D ;D

I know people are going to jump all over me for this but I hated Pulp Fiction. The first time I watched it, I really couldn't get into it. There were several people here who said to give it another chance-I did and I STILL hate it.

Cat

's okay Cat... I still hate Pulp Fiction

Written By: tv on 01/04/09 at 9:36 pm

Dr. Doolittle 3.

Written By: woops on 01/04/09 at 10:26 pm

"House Bunny"  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/09 at 9:10 pm

Black Christmas (the recent one)  Eventually I gave up and fast forwarded through the thing... anyone know why the daughter of the spree killer was a girl as a kid but then a man in drag at the end of the film?

By this I mean... was Agnes supposed to look like a man in drag or was that some strange creative choice made by the horrible, horrible director... okay maybe I'll have to see if there's commentary on the dvd because I really want to know how someone makes a movie that bad!

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/09 at 1:13 am

The Master of Disguise! I felt myself losing IQ points while I watched it.

Oh yeah that one is definately up there.  Dana Carney thought it would be a big comeback to his film career.  Yeah, not so much LOL

Written By: Big Nasty on 02/07/09 at 12:37 pm

Another movie which actually was nominated for a Raspberry was The Love Guru! I thought it was pretty terrible.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/07/09 at 1:05 pm

Another movie which actually was nominated for a Raspberry was The Love Guru! I thought it was pretty terrible.

A low point for Mike Myers which is really, really low.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/07/09 at 7:24 pm

I have 2 movies:

Howard The Duck: It was so ridiculous, I'm beyond words. Someone get me a dictionary, we might have to create a word for how just plain puke-tastic it was.

Grafitti Bridge.: If the highlight of any film is Morris Day, something is wrong with the universe.

Written By: snozberries on 02/07/09 at 8:19 pm

I have 2 movies:

Howard The Duck: It was so ridiculous, I'm beyond words. Someone get me a dictionary, we might have to create a word for how just plain puke-tastic it was.

Puke-tastic.....looks like you just did

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/09 at 1:50 pm

I have 2 movies:

Grafitti Bridge.: If the highlight of any film is Morris Day, something is wrong with the universe.

Prince was overconfident.  Just because he could make great music didn't mean he could make great movies.  Even "Purple Rain" looks totally campy today.  It was a big hit in 1984.  I saw it in the theater then.  The world was crazy 4 Prince that year!

Gotta love Morris Day and the Time too!  "Jesse...now Jerome...Yessss!"

;)

Written By: Zeb on 02/14/09 at 9:52 pm

The Island of Doctor Moreau : I had just finished reading the book and decided to rent the movie.  I was such an Idiot to assume that Hollywood would even attempt to stay honorable to the work of H.G. Wells. 

Sandra Bullock: She cannot act!!!!! Why in God's name can't anyone else understand this!? 8-P  Why does she keep getting work?  I feel sorry for anyone who has ever had to co-star with this foolish woman. In Crash even Luda (I don't care if I spelled that wrong) out acted her.  A rapper out acted her for crying out loud and she's still employed! 

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 10:08 pm

I like Sandy... she's very personable and is fun to watch.  I'll take her over Hil. Duff any every day of the week.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/14/09 at 10:15 pm

I like Sandy... she's very personable and is fun to watch.  I'll take her over Hil. Duff any every day of the week.
I only like her in one scene, & that's from Miss Congeniality when she is finally transformed by Michael Caine and is walking in that short blue dress  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/09 at 10:17 pm

I only like her in one scene, & that's from Miss Congeniality when she is finally transformed by Michael Caine and is walking in that short blue dress  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

;D  !    yep...you've completely transformed into a guy!  ;D

when is LAdy Di returning?  ;) 

Written By: Frank on 02/15/09 at 12:25 am

Paris, Texas was a bad one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/09 at 11:02 am

It had good music by Ry Cooder.

Written By: Tia on 02/19/09 at 11:14 am

i tried to watch a movie called "oasis of the zombies" last night. i got about a half hour into it until i decided it was unwatchable, even for me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0474531/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/dirtybirds47/zombie/oasiszombies.png

eek!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/09 at 6:29 pm

I liked "Paris, Texas."

"Straight Time" from 1978 with Dustin Hoffman was totally lame. 
8-P

Written By: midnite on 02/20/09 at 7:46 pm

"Swingers" was really bad when it came out and horrdendous now.  Thats money.

Written By: Tia on 02/20/09 at 7:51 pm

lol. i love swingers.

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/20/09 at 8:39 pm

"Swingers" was really bad when it came out and horrdendous now.  Thats money.

Thats too bad. I loved it.
I was living in LA when it came out and can relate to most of the people, places and situations in that movie completely.
Guess you had to be there. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 8:40 pm

I loved Swingers tooo....

Written By: midnite on 02/20/09 at 8:55 pm

Have you tried watching Swingers recently?  Or living off the memories of 1996?

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/09 at 9:00 pm

Have you tried watching Swingers recently?  Or living off the memories of 1996?

me? those were never my memories.  ;)  I just really liked it!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/26/09 at 12:46 am

probably not the worst, but it sucks, and yet I would probably watch it if it were on tv. 

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020k.LKZJ16cAmt6jzbkF/SIG=12cub0i5u/EXP=1235713470/**http%3A//www.impawards.com/1981/posters/neighbors_ver1.jpg

Written By: Big Nasty on 03/01/09 at 5:02 pm

The Sci-Fi channel here did a snake movie marathon Saturday.  I am sure that there was more than 1 of those films that could qualify for this category.  I actually watched a bit of one called Megasnake...all I could say was Duh after watching this.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/02/09 at 2:04 am

The Sci-Fi channel here did a snake movie marathon Saturday.  I am sure that there was more than 1 of those films that could qualify for this category.  I actually watched a bit of one called Megasnake...all I could say was Duh after watching this.

Never saw that one, but the "Anaconda" movies were REALLY dumb!  I'd say "Lake Placid," about the giant alligator(s) is the worst, but it doesn't count if they're doing it on purpose!

Written By: Satish on 05/02/09 at 11:28 am

Street Fighter with Jean-Claude Van Damme from 1994, an action movie based on the series of video games. That movie is LAUGHABLY bad! It's just so utterly ridiculous! It's probably what gave video game movies the bad reputation they have!  ;D

There's a bunch of straight-to-video type B-movies that I thought were really awful, but I think it'd be unfair to include them. Only big, theatrical pictures ought to be mentioned.

Written By: Michael C. on 05/02/09 at 11:41 am

Sadly......Raul Julia's last Theatrical Film..... :\'(

Street Fighter with Jean-Claude Van Damme from 1994, an action movie based on the series of video games. That movie is LAUGHABLY bad! It's just so utterly ridiculous! It's probably what gave video game movies the bad reputation they have!  ;D

There's a bunch of straight-to-video type B-movies that I thought were really awful, but I think it'd be unfair to include them. Only big, theatrical pictures ought to be mentioned.

Check for new replies or respond here...