» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Errors in tv shows, movies, animation, etc.

Written By: woops on 08/04/08 at 11:24 pm

On "Robot Chicken during the sketch about TV finales, they did a parody of "Facts of Life", but the actress and character of "Mrs.  Garrett" wasn't on the show anymore in the last season(well, according to "E! True Hollywood Story"... though still a funny sketch despite the innaccuracy).

Subject: Re: Errors in tv shows, movies, animation, etc.

Written By: whistledog on 08/06/08 at 9:41 am

On "Friends", when the gang watches that video where we first find out that Monica used to be fat, Chandler looks surprised, yet in later episodes it is revealed that he knew her when she was fat.  He also looks surprised that Ross was so geeky with the hair and moustahce, when it was also later revealed that they were college roomates

On "Yes, Dear", when Billy first shows up at Greg's door, Greg doesn't know who he is, yet in a later episode, it was revealed that they had met many times before ... when Greg first met Jimmy and got in a fight with that guy who wanted Kim, and at Jimmy's wedding where Billy was the best man

On "Frasier", actor John Mahoney played Martin Crane, the father of Frasier, yet in a 1992 episode of "Cheers", he appeared as man who Rebecca hired to write a jingle for the bar.  In one scene, he clashed with Frasier who was skeptical of the man's songwriting abilities.  I know it's not an error per se, as it's two different shows, but in that whole world of Frasier, it totally counts

The opening sequence of the movie "Anger Management" takes place in 1978.  A kid is seen wearing a "Dukes of Hazzard" shirt.  "The Dukes of Hazzard" did not premiere as a series until 1979

In the movie "There's Something About Mary", during a 1985 sequence as Stiller is walking to Mary's house, the song "Mary's Prayer" by Danny Wilson can be heard.  That song didn't come out until 1987

Watch the movie "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days" with the subtitles on.  During an apartment scene, the song "The Way You Do the Things You Do" by UB40 can be heard, but the subtitles are saying incorrect lyrics

In the first two seasons of "Happy Days", Ritchie and Joanie have a brother named Chuck (played by two different actors in each season).  From Season 3 and on, he is never seen or mentioned again, and in the episode where Joanie and Chachi get married, Howard talks about raising his "two" children

On "Robot Chicken during the sketch about TV finales, they did a parody of "Facts of Life", but the actress and character of "Mrs.  Garrett" wasn't on the show anymore in the last season(well, according to "E! True Hollywood Story"... though still a funny sketch despite the innaccuracy).

Yes.  Mrs. Garrett left after the 7th season

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/08 at 2:01 pm

In one of the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve, a close up of his face is shown and fillings can be seen in his teeth.

Written By: whistledog on 08/06/08 at 8:22 pm

In one of the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve, a close up of his face is shown and fillings can be seen in his teeth.

So Superman is indestructible, but his teeth aren't? :D

Written By: woops on 08/11/08 at 8:06 pm

Music videos:

A Flock Of Seagulls "I Ran (So Far Away)"

The camera is seen in the mirrors, which is partly covered in foil

2 Live Crew "Me So H___Y"

One of the digits from the inflatable phone came off

MC Hammer "U Can't Tuch This"

Some of the dacners were out of sync and/or not dancing in some scenes

Prince "Raspberry Beret"

The background blends with Prince's clothes and the others in the video. Though probably was the intention, but looked crude

Written By: whistledog on 08/11/08 at 10:02 pm

Rumble in the Bronx - Jakcie Chan gives that kid his "old" video game, and tells him not to play with it in class.  What he gave him was a Game Gear, which weren't really all that old at the time the movie came out, and if you look close, there's no game in it, so even if he wanted to play with it in class, it would be pretty hard to do without a game cartridge in it LOL

Written By: loki 13 on 08/31/08 at 8:46 pm

I am watching National Treasure, Ben Gates is driving from Washington, DC to Philadelphia, PA. They are shown crossing the
Benjamin Franklin Bridge from Camden, NJ into Philadelphia, why? Coming from Washington you shouldn't be in NJ at all.

Written By: whistledog on 08/31/08 at 9:41 pm

I am watching National Treasure, Ben Gates is driving from Washington, DC to Philadelphia, PA. They are shown crossing the
Benjamin Franklin Bridge from Camden, NJ into Philadelphia, why? Coming from Washington you shouldn't be in NJ at all.

LOL

That's like in the movie 'Exit Wounds' starring Steven Seagal.  The movie is set in Detroit, but you can tell it was filmed in Toronto because you can see ads for the SkyDome

Written By: Satish on 09/02/08 at 8:13 pm

In the episode of "Seinfeld" where George gets caught urinating in the shower of the gym locker room, Kramer says he prefers to take baths instead of showers. But in the episode where the showerheads in the apartment building stop working and people have to buy black-market showerheads from the back of a van, Kramer says he takes showers and that he finds baths disgusting.

Written By: Satish on 09/02/08 at 8:26 pm

In an episode from the second season of "Ally McBeal," a woman is charged with having sexual relations with someone underage after she has a relationship with a 16 year old boy. This situation could not happen in real life, since in reality, the age of sexual consent in Massachusetts(where the show is set) is 16, so an older person having a sexual relationship with a 16 year old would be perfectly legal.

Written By: whistledog on 09/03/08 at 8:21 pm

In the episode of "Seinfeld" where George gets caught urinating in the shower of the gym locker room, Kramer says he prefers to take baths instead of showers. But in the episode where the showerheads in the apartment building stop working and people have to buy black-market showerheads from the back of a van, Kramer says he takes showers and that he finds baths disgusting.

Good observation!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/04/08 at 9:43 pm

I have a few that I spotted:

Seinfeld: In an epidsode where Kramer is picked to be the new Calvin Klein undies model, Kramer is showcasing a pair of briefs and when he spins around, he loses his balace and falls against a wall and then on the floor. When Kramer lands ont he floor, you can see a streak that his body make up left on the wall.

Michael Jackson: During his 1995 MTV Video Music Awards performance, Michael does a move which calls for him to touch his chin and then his knee. When he does it, you can see a white spot appear on the left knee of his black trousers. Some of his peachy-white facial make up wiped off.  ;)

Prince: In his 1986 movie Under the Cherry Moon, Prince's character Christoper falls for a rich French girl named Mary while staying in Nice, France. The only thing is, throughout the entire film Mary speaks with a British accent!

Titanic: In the scene where Jack is having dinner with Rose after having saved her from jumping off the ship, Jack passes Rose a note. When he hands it to her, the paper is YELLOW, but when she opens it, it miraculously turned WHITE.  ;D

Written By: Satish on 09/04/08 at 10:12 pm

Prince: In his 1986 movie Under the Cherry Moon, Prince's character Christoper falls for a rich French girl named Mary while staying in Nice, France. The only thing is, throughout the entire film Mary speaks with a British accent!

There's nothing wrong with that. On the TV show "Star Trek: The Next Generation," the captain of the star ship, Jean-Luc Picard, is supposed to be French but speaks English with a British accent. And in real life, I can think of a few prominent people from Europe who speak English with thick American or British accents because they spent some time living in those countries(they went to college there, or something), even though they can speak their own languages fluently.

Written By: woops on 09/06/08 at 3:21 pm

The new "90210" probably has many loop holes  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/08 at 4:17 pm

In Casablanca when Rick is at the train station in Paris waiting for Ilsa, he is soaked to the skin. After he receives her note (that gets blurred by the rain), Rick climbs on the train and is as dry as a bone.

In Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, when they are in the bi-plane and his dad (Sean Connery) shoots the tail off, in the next scene, the tail is back on.

In the movie Twins (with Danny Devito & "AAAHHHH Nold", they are in the men's room and there is a bottle on top of the paper towel holder that keeps appearing and disappearing.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/08 at 10:01 am

so I was watching South of Nowhere.  Its a show that airs on The-N and is about midwest teens adjusting to their family's recent move to LA.

One of the teens discovers she's a lesbian and gets a girlfriend.  During last season's finale the girl's mother finally accepted her daughter's lifestyle and the girl wanted her mom to attend a gay pride fair/parade in West Hollywood.  The mom couldn't but dad was totally supportive.

At one point dad and daughter were walking through the fair taking in the sights and suddenly in one shot they are wearing badges around their necks....these are sort of like the all access/backstage passes you get at concerts.  I can only guess that the cast  was being honored for the work they do to advance gay/lesbian issues and while they were using the event as a backdrop for an episode- the director pulled them after their appearance at the event to get just one more shot.... someone forgot to take the badges off tho.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 7:54 am

In the movis Titanic, when Jack is drawing Rose, the film showed the actor painting with his left hand but when the camera showed the picture as it was being painted, the hand that was painting was the right hand is hairy and older looking, this happened because the actor is left handed but the actual artist is right handed and I that the real artist of the drawing was James Cameron (the director).

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/08 at 3:21 pm

In the movis Titanic, when Jack is drawing Rose, the film showed the actor painting with his left hand but when the camera showed the picture as it was being painted, the hand that was painting was the right hand is hairy and older looking, this happened because the actor is left handed but the actual artist is right handed and I that the real artist of the drawing was James Cameron (the director).

also in Titanic the entire events that take place are being told as a story by Rose as an old lady....yet they show scenes that occur when Rose was not around so how can she tell a story about something that happened outside of her presence.... one of the reasons I hate the film.

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/08 at 3:21 pm

also in Titanic the entire events that take place are shown as a flashback (a story being told by Rose as an old lady)....yet they show scenes that occur when Rose was not around so how can she tell a story about something that happened outside of her presence.... one of the reasons I hate the film.

Written By: karen on 11/18/08 at 11:20 pm

did you forget something there snoz?

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/08 at 11:23 pm

lol

my internet gave out and I think the post was lost....don't know what it could've been.    ;D

Written By: woops on 12/18/08 at 10:05 pm

VH1 Classic "One Hit Wonders"... obivious since a-ha, Ratt, Snap!, Vixen, White Lion, and Ace Of Base had more than one hits

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/08 at 8:29 pm

in a recent ep of the NBC series Chuck...

Chuck gives Sarah a charm bracelet which she wears on her right hand. 

At one point she is holding a gun in her right hand, her right arm is extended.

The cut and focus in on a close up of the smoking gun.... in this shot the gun is being held in a two-handed grip and the bracelet is now on Sarah's left wrist.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/19/08 at 9:52 pm

Ive;e posted this on the boards before but it really fits well here so...

In the animated classic Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, in the final scene when the elf
hands the misfit toys an umbrella so they can float down to their destination. He picks up the
bird looks at the umbrella then looks back at the bird, shrugs his shoulders then tosses the bird
out of the sleigh without the umbrella.

If you remember early in the show when the misfit toys say why they are misfits, the bird clearly
states he can't fly, he swims. That elf sent the swimming bird plummeting to a horrible death.

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/08 at 11:52 pm

In the animated classic Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, in the final scene when the elf
hands the misfit toys an umbrella so they can float down to their destination. He picks up the
bird looks at the umbrella then looks back at the bird, shrugs his shoulders then tosses the bird

If you remember early in the show when the misfit toys say why they are misfits, the bird clearly
states he can't fly, he swims. That elf sent the swimming bird plummeting to a horrible death.

OMG! I never noticed that! That is hilarious!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 1:03 pm

Don't you hate when that happens?

Cat

Written By: woops on 12/20/08 at 1:06 pm

"The Mighty B!"

On "Toot Toot", Bessie says she's lactose intollerant, but have drank milk & eaten ice cream in older episodes

During the middle name episode, nothing happened to Hilary Higgenbottom when she said Bessie's middle name, which is a curse (something that brings bad luck, but a swear word).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 1:22 pm

This is NOT from a movie but a book (and yes, it was J.K. Rowling's booboo). In the 5th year, Harry could see the thestrals (the winged horses that pulled the carriages from the train to Hogwarts) because he had seen death (in this case, Cedric). However, he should have been able to see them since day 1 because he saw his mother die-even if he doesn't remember it.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 2:24 pm

This is NOT from a movie but a book (and yes, it was J.K. Rowling's booboo). In the 5th year, Harry could see the thestrals (the winged horses that pulled the carriages from the train to Hogwarts) because he had seen death (in this case, Cedric). However, he should have been able to see them since day 1 because he saw his mother die-even if he doesn't remember it.

Cat

maybe its a cognitive thing.. you only see them when you are aware you've seen death...or you are affected by the death you've seen. Not remembering seeing his mother die might mean it didn't affect his psyche in such a way that he would be able to see the Thestrals

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 3:42 pm

maybe its a cognitive thing.. you only see them when you are aware you've seen death...or you are affected by the death you've seen. Not remembering seeing his mother die might mean it didn't affect his psyche in such a way that he would be able to see the Thestrals

Try to explain it.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 3:43 pm

Try to explain it.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

>:(

I think I just did  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 3:58 pm

>:(

I think I just did  ;)

I know you did. I am just messin' with ya.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 4:07 pm

I know you did. I am just messin' with ya.

Cat

I know I'm messing with you back....thought we could start own little "argument"  ;)

man I'm board.... I mean bored  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 4:23 pm

I know I'm messing with you back....thought we could start own little "argument"  ;)

man I'm board.... I mean bored  ;D

Ok, we can do what others have done and highjack EVERY thread.  :D ;D ;D Ok, maybe not. What we need is DRAMA!!!! Who can we gossip What shall we talk about? http://www.labnol.org/assets/images/YahooSmileys/smileys7.gif 

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 4:37 pm

Ok, we can do what others have done and highjack EVERY thread.  :D ;D ;D Ok, maybe not. What we need is DRAMA!!!! Who can we gossip What shall we talk about? http://www.labnol.org/assets/images/YahooSmileys/smileys7.gif 

Cat

I could create a new account and pretend to be someone...

so I was at party this weekend but I wasn't drinking. All of my friends were though. I drove to the party in a supped up 1977 Firebird Trans Am black with red flames with bicarb engine and pistol carb horses revving my engine to the nines  with a block of rims and.....

yeah I have no idea what I'm talking about  ;D

oh right, so I was at this party and my friend decided to drink some moonshine. you know moonshine has almost as much alcohol content as the Everclear I normally drink but I didn't drink any that night.  ;)  At the party some douche with a mullet said I looked hot and his friend said va-va-va-voom.  I really hate it when guys say I'm hot. I mean I am hot but I am so much more than that. I am really, really hot though.  ;)  So I told those guys to sit and spin but they thought I meant something else. So I told one I to meet me in the back room. I told him to take off his clothes and get in the bed- I said I would be there in five minutes. Then I told his friend to meet me in the bedroom in five minutes. I told him he would find me naked in the bed and to come in take off his clothes but keep the lights off.  ;D About six minutes later the two guys ran out of the room and started chasing me down the street. I had to run really fast to escape them. Fortunately, there was a cop at the end of the block and the guys were arrested for streaking.  ;D  That'll teach them to call me hot.  Oh my friend wanted to stay at the party so I hitched a ride with a guy, he was old but he drove a really nice Cadillac El Dorado. It was powder blue with silver rims, and had leather bucket seats that recline all the way back. Not that we tried them out or anything.  ;D  My friends really know how to throw a party.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 4:41 pm

I could create a new account and pretend to be someone...

so I was at party this weekend but I wasn't drinking. All of my friends were though. I drove to the party in a supped up 1977 Firebird Trans Am black with red flames with bicarb engine and pistol carb horses revving my engine to the nines  with a block of rims and.....

yeah I have no idea what I'm talking about  ;D

oh right, so I was at this party and my friend decided to drink some moonshine. you know moonshine has almost as much alcohol content as the Everclear I normally drink but I didn't drink any that night.  ;)  At the party some douche with a mullet said I looked hot and his friend said va-va-va-voom.  I really hate it when guys say I'm hot. I mean I am hot but I am so much more than that. I am really, really hot though.  ;)  So I told those guys to sit and spin but they thought I meant something else. So I told one I to meet me in the back room. I told him to take off his clothes and get in the bed- I said I would be there in five minutes. Then I told his friend to meet me in the bedroom in five minutes. I told him he would find me naked in the bed and to come in take off his clothes but keep the lights off.  ;D About six minutes later the two guys ran out of the room and started chasing me down the street. I had to run really fast to escape them. Fortunately, there was a cop at the end of the block and the guys were arrested for streaking.  ;D  That'll teach them to call me hot.  Oh my friend wanted to stay at the party so I hitched a ride with a guy, he was old but he drove a really nice Cadillac El Dorado. It was powder blue with silver rims, and had leather bucket seats that recline all the way back. Not that we tried them out or anything.  ;D  My friends really know how to throw a party.

It's been done before. Can't you come up with anything original for us middle aged pervs?  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

BTW, let's move this over the LTE so people won't get TOO p!ssed at us for highjacking this thread.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/22/08 at 12:50 pm

LOL

That's like in the movie 'Exit Wounds' starring Steven Seagal.  The movie is set in Detroit, but you can tell it was filmed in Toronto because you can see ads for the SkyDome

In keeping with this theme .. Many movies set in an American city can easily be identified as being filmed in Canada ...

♦ Never Talk to Strangers (1997) - One scene finds Antonio Banderas and Rebecca DeMornay standing in front of the CHUM building in Toronto as you can clearly see the 'MuchMusic' logo in the background

♦ Police Academy (1984) - The very opening scene, you can see the Bank of Montreal building in the distance, which is located in Toronto

♦ Fantastic Four (2004) - More than just filming locations, but some of the background characters, as well-known Canadian personalities were used as reporters during the bridge scene: Terry David Mulligan (Ex-MuchMusic VJ and former City-TV Reporter), Ben Mulroney (host of CTV's 'E-Talk Daily' and 'Canadian Idol'),  and Devon Soltendieck (MuchMusic VJ)

Mostly by stores is the easiest way to define a show or movie was filmed in Canada:  In a Season 1 episode of '21 Jump Street' (circa 1987), the gang is in a shopping mall and a Woolco store can be seen in the background.  Woolco closed it's American doors in 1982, but kept it's Canadian chain of stores operational until the mid 90s

Written By: woops on 12/30/08 at 9:50 pm

In the early '80's animated film "The Snowman", penguins could be seen when snowman & the kid flies to the North Pole.

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 10:03 pm

In the early '80's animated film "The Snowman", penguins could be seen when snowman & the kid flies to the North Pole.

never thought of that  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/30/08 at 10:38 pm

In the movie Gettysburg in one scene you can see a jet stream in the sky.

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 10:44 pm

In the movie Gettysburg in one scene you can see a jet stream in the sky.

;D  oops!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/30/08 at 10:52 pm

;D  oops!

Yeah, and also General Armistead is historically almost completly bald.  They got a full head of hair on him in the movies.  Don't even get me started about how they messed up the scene of Reynolds' death.

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/08 at 11:28 pm

Most copies of 'National Lampoon's European Vacation' have been heavily edited for DVD and VHS release.  In the chase scene near the end, when the tire blows on the car, Clark says "Darn it all", but his lips say something else

When I first saw the movie years ago (like late 80s), the bathroom scene where Ellen does that showgirl style dance had nude scenes but on my VHS and DVD copy of the film, that part has been mysteriously edited out.  I once bought 6 different VHS versions of the movie to look for that scene, but no luck.  I know it was once there in the original movie when it first came out.  I remember

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/08 at 11:38 pm

^ also in 'European Vacation', during the "Pig-In-A-Poke" game show segment, the family's name is spelled GRISWALD whereas in any other instance, it's spelled GRISWOLD

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/08 at 1:32 pm

This is going WAY back. In an episode of Dark Shadows (yes, the original), there is one scene where someone is supposed to be alone in a room and you can see someone from back stage walking across an open doorway. Oops.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 03/07/09 at 12:55 pm

Not really an error but it has me scratching my head whenever I see it, no matter what the movie or show is.

Whenever money is thrown from a window, blown up or tossed out of a moving vehicle, whenever it is airborne
people will gather around and jump in the air trying to catch the money as it falls. Thousands of dollars are left
lying on the ground around the hoard as they keep making futile attempts of catching the falling money. I just
don't get it.

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/09 at 1:12 pm

Not really an error but it has me scratching my head whenever I see it, no matter what the movie or show is.

Whenever money is thrown from a window, blown up or tossed out of a movie vehicle, whenever it is airborne
people will gather around and jump in the air trying to catch the money as it falls. Thousands of dollars are left
lying on the ground around the hoard as they keep making futile attempts of catching the falling money. I just
don't get it.

;D

Written By: statsqueen on 03/10/09 at 6:20 pm

Keeping in mind that glitches have to be pretty obvious for me to see them (I admit I get caught up in even the lamest of movies)...

In the movie "Honey", toward the end (maybe last 20 mins) Honey's necklace keeps appearing and disappearing (Micah said there were other glitches, but wouldn't elaborate)

In the movie "Stomp the Yard" the scene where he is mowing the yard and talking to her, her earphones appear and disappear; later her purse does the disappearing act; and in a bar scene, the people are at their table then when she flicks her hair, they are seen walking by

I have a list somewhere that I need to pull out with some fave movies, but my fave glitch is the breakfast food in Pretty Woman

That's all I can remember now.....

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/09 at 6:25 pm

Keeping in mind that glitches have to be pretty obvious for me to see them (I admit I get caught up in even the lamest of movies)...

In the movie "Honey", toward the end (maybe last 20 mins) Honey's necklace keeps appearing and disappearing (Micah said there were other glitches, but wouldn't elaborate)

In the movie "Stomp the Yard" the scene where he is mowing the yard and talking to her, her earphones appear and disappear; later her purse does the disappearing act; and in a bar scene, the people are at their table then when she flicks her hair, they are seen walking by

I have a list somewhere that I need to pull out with some fave movies, but my fave glitch is the breakfast food in Pretty Woman

That's all I can remember now.....

you forgot about the tie in Pretty woman. (the first night they are together. )

Written By: statsqueen on 03/10/09 at 7:15 pm

you forgot about the tie in Pretty woman. (the first night they are together. )

;D ;D  I wasn't exactly focused on the tie in that scene....

I told you I get caught up....the glitches have to pretty much be front and center (like the breakfast)

I still have to find my list the next time I watch any of the movies on it (and some I have seen multiple times)

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/09 at 7:23 pm

;D ;D  I wasn't exactly focused on the tie in that scene....

;D

I told you I get caught up....the glitches have to pretty much be front and center (like the breakfast)

I still have to find my list the next time I watch any of the movies on it (and some I have seen multiple times)

Please do find your list...

you know I have decided that the breakfast scene is an editing issue not a continuity problem....she has all that delicious food she tries a crossaint and puts it down while the camera is focused on Edward and picks up a pancake... or was it she was holding a pancake, took a bite and then she was holding a crossaint...either way there was plenty of time for her to put the item down and pick up something else while Edward was talking.... the tie scene tho? There's no excuse for that. . .  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 03/10/09 at 7:35 pm

;D

Please do find your list...

you know I have decided that the breakfast scene is an editing issue not a continuity problem....she has all that delicious food she tries a crossaint and puts it down while the camera is focused on Edward and picks up a pancake... or was it she was holding a pancake, took a bite and then she was holding a crossaint...either way there was plenty of time for her to put the item down and pick up something else while Edward was talking.... the tie scene tho? There's no excuse for that. . .  ;D

Found them....and it isn't just the tie, but als the collar, zipper, shoes and socks when she undresses him.  They don't say anything about breakfast, but I still think it was an editing thing/take two thing......

Written By: Mushroom on 03/11/09 at 5:24 pm

One of my favorites is form the Clint Eastwood movie Heartbreak Ridge.  Even though they claim they are in North Carolina at Camp Lejeune, it is obvious they are really at Camp Pendleton in California.  Having been stationed at both bases, it is obvious that they are nothing alike.

And in the classic Ghostbusters, Dr. Stantz (Dan Akroyd) tells the group:  "You have been a participant in the biggest interdimensional cross-rip since the Tunguska blast of 1909!"

Of course, the Tunguska event happened in 1908, not 1909.  I of course realized it the first time I saw the movie, being interested in the event since 1976 when the book The Fire Came By came out.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/john-baxter/fire-came-by.htm

Written By: anabel on 03/11/09 at 9:39 pm

Found them....and it isn't just the tie, but als the collar, zipper, shoes and socks when she undresses him.  They don't say anything about breakfast, but I still think it was an editing thing/take two thing......

I remember a few about Pretty Woman too!  (It's one of my favorites!!)

The scene where they go to the park and spread the blanket out and he's on the phone? After she takes the phone, she takes his socks and shoes off. Then all of a sudden he's reading a book to her and the socks and shoes are back on.  Are we supposed to just assume that Edward wasn't comfortable barefoot and put them back on?

When they are eating dinner with Mr. Morse and his grandson, she is eating sorbet. It's gone, then it's back.

When vivian is sitting on Edward's desk, and she gets her "Safety Girl Items"  ;) out, she holds them like a deck of cards as she's describing them.  In one scene they're all a certain way. When they switch to Edward, then back to her, the "items" are in a different order.

The pancake/croissant flub is the most obvious and funny one, I laugh every time I see that one!

Work it Baby....work it......own it!   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/zzwhip.gif

Written By: karen on 03/12/09 at 8:19 am

The current McDonalds advert with the two girls sipping coffee, chatting on a park bench.  The iced coffee one girl is drinking goes from full to partly drunk, full, mostly drunk to full again!

Written By: woops on 03/14/09 at 1:55 pm

In the recent "South Park", Mickey said that he was in power since the 1950's. Technically, Disney was also a powerhouse during it's early years. Especially the 1930's where most of the cartoon shorts won an Oscar and also technological advances like full  technicolor and multi-plane cameras.  And the mouse was first created in 1928.

Though some could argue  since by the 1950's, Disney expanded to amusement parks, television, and live action films.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/09 at 2:07 pm

The voice for Oliver in the movie version of Oliver! was dubbed in by one of the producers' daughter for Mark Lester had no singing voice.

Written By: woops on 07/03/09 at 12:14 pm

Saw an MTV parody from YouTube that's about the downfall (taken from "Super News" from Current TV)

Posters for "The Grind" & "Beavis & Butt-Head" were shown in the background in the scene that's taken in 1990, but those shows didn't debut until 1993. Plus, the logo was dressed as Kurt Cobain, which Nirvana  and grunge wasn't mainstream until around 1991/1992.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/04/09 at 9:57 am

In honor of the day, in a favorite movie of Cat's, 1776 they show all the delegates ready to sign the
Declaration Of Independence. Only 2 people signed the document on July 4th, Charles Thompson and
John Hancock, the rest signed in August.

Written By: whistledog on 07/04/09 at 10:08 am

In a London episode of "Friends", during his best man speech, Joey mentions how he "first met Ross at this coffee shop back home".

Not sure if it was an episode before or after that, but it was eventually revealed that when Joey first met Ross, Central Perk was still a bar

Written By: loki 13 on 07/08/09 at 5:46 pm

in the HBO miniseries Band Of Brothers, Pvt. Albert Blithe was shown shot in the neck. At the end of the show it stated
that Blithe never really recovered from his wound and died in 1947. Albert Blithe was actually shot in the shoulder. Not
only did he recover from the wound, he made a career of the military. He served in Korea in the '50s and had over 600
parachute jumps. He died in 1967 and was buried in Arlington National Cemetery with full military honors. I say they really
blew it on that story line.

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/09 at 8:10 pm

^ Dang, I'd say so :o

Written By: snozberries on 08/15/09 at 3:23 pm

so I'm watching Land of the Giants.

The "castaways" were taking a trip to London so presumably they have luggage yet no one has changed clothes from episode one to episode two.....however, the captain takes off his jacket in the first episode- he soaks it with a flammable chemical and sets it on fire with a torch (to scare away giant dog)  Now in episode two he is wearing the red jacket....complete with name tag. Most people may have more than one uniform but rarely do they have more than one name tag....

oh and everyone was filthy at the end of the last ep but now they are all clean... clothes and all.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/31/09 at 7:01 pm

This is a continuity error.

In Groundhog Day Bill Murray takes piano lessons. At first he is horrible and makes the teacher cringe but at the end
he is at the party tearing up the keys and makes the teacher proud. So proud she says, "He's my student." Bill Murray
was the only one to realize he is repeating the same day. Every day he shows up at the teachers door it would be like
the first time for her. Why would she take on a student so advanced in piano?

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/01/09 at 8:50 pm

This is a continuity error.

In Groundhog Day Bill Murray takes piano lessons. At first he is horrible and makes the teacher cringe but at the end
he is at the party tearing up the keys and makes the teacher proud. So proud she says, "He's my student." Bill Murray
was the only one to realize he is repeating the same day. Every day he shows up at the teachers door it would be like
the first time for her. Why would she take on a student so advanced in piano?

Disagree.  You've gotta figure that he could have dedicated weeks, months, even years, to practice.  He's got 24 hours a day, and as many days as it takes to get it right.  So instead of spending a few weeks doing one piano session a day, and then trying (and failing) to complete the game's mission, he just writes off the next few weeks to practice.  He could have paid overtime, and been in the middle of a lesson when the clock struck midnight and the game reset.

Week 1: "I'd like to try piano lessons." (OK, the guy's a total n00b, but teachable.)
Month 1: "I'd like to try piano lessons."  (Not bad for a guy who's never played the piano before.)
Month 6:  "I've moved in from out of town, and would like to continue my piano lessons."  (Not bad for a guy with a few months on the keys)
Years (?) later:  "I'm a professional piano player, looking to improve my skills."  (Yeah, I'll see what he's got... maybe we can learn from each other)

When he finally decides ("So, teach, if I was to play like this in front of some cute girl, you think she'd be impressed?") he's good enough to win the game -- and still thinks "piano player" was the achievement he needed to unlock to make progress -- he takes a day off his lesson plan and makes a stab at getting out, and it goes something like this:

(Attempted) Last Day:  "I'd like to try piano lessons."  (OMGWTFBBQ, everyone has to see this guy!)

Disclaimer:  I love Groundhog Day.  Life would be so much more fun ("don't drive angry!") with an infinite number of save/restore points.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/02/09 at 7:40 pm

Disagree.  You've gotta figure that he could have dedicated weeks, months, even years, to practice.  He's got 24 hours a day, and as many days as it takes to get it right.  So instead of spending a few weeks doing one piano session a day, and then trying (and failing) to complete the game's mission, he just writes off the next few weeks to practice.  He could have paid overtime, and been in the middle of a lesson when the clock struck midnight and the game reset.

Week 1: "I'd like to try piano lessons." (OK, the guy's a total n00b, but teachable.)
Month 1: "I'd like to try piano lessons."  (Not bad for a guy who's never played the piano before.)
Month 6:  "I've moved in from out of town, and would like to continue my piano lessons."  (Not bad for a guy with a few months on the keys)
Years (?) later:  "I'm a professional piano player, looking to improve my skills."  (Yeah, I'll see what he's got... maybe we can learn from each other)

When he finally decides ("So, teach, if I was to play like this in front of some cute girl, you think she'd be impressed?") he's good enough to win the game -- and still thinks "piano player" was the achievement he needed to unlock to make progress -- he takes a day off his lesson plan and makes a stab at getting out, and it goes something like this:

(Attempted) Last Day:  "I'd like to try piano lessons."  (OMGWTFBBQ, everyone has to see this guy!)

Disclaimer:  I love Groundhog Day.  Life would be so much more fun ("don't drive angry!") with an infinite number of save/restore points.

Sorry, I can't buy your explanation. Her boastful, "He's my student," implies she is the one who taught him. The party is also on the same day
that he shows up on her door step for the first time, even if he was an accomplished pianist looking to brush up on the keys, she wouldn't
have boasted about him being her student, especially since she had only met him a few hours before.

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/09 at 8:34 pm

In Pee Wee's Big Adv

After Pee wee wrestles Francis in the tub he talks to mr.Buxton. He is completely dry. As is the joke gum he pulls out of his pocket to give to francis and his father.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/03/09 at 10:01 pm

Sorry, I can't buy your explanation. Her boastful, "He's my student," implies she is the one who taught him. The party is also on the same day
that he shows up on her door step for the first time, even if he was an accomplished pianist looking to brush up on the keys, she wouldn't
have boasted about him being her student, especially since she had only met him a few hours before.

D'oh.  I'd forgotten about that!  I'll now grasp at straws to save myself...

Last Day: 

10:00 am) "Hi, teach me the piano."
10:05 am) *deliberately flubs everything*
11:00 am) *deliberately plays poorly*
12:00 pm) *starts playing competently*
1:00 pm) As she stares in awe, he starts going from competent to virtuoso stuff...
1:05 pm) "So, can I do that concerto thingy you told me about tonight?"

Change timestamps as required by the actual movie, but you get the idea.

The big question is whether or not the teacher would have believed he was really a piano n00b, but I'm sure (given a few days' work) he could have come up with a story that would have convinced her.

Actually, there's a more plausible way to do it:

Loop #1234:
11:00 am) "What, you don't remember teaching me 20 years ago?"
11:01 am) "No, you must be mistaken, I didn't start teaching piano until 15 years ago."

Loop #1235:
11:00 am) "What, you don't remember teaching me 14 years ago?"
11:01 am) "No, I don't"
11:02 am) "Yeah, you probably forgot about me.  I think you'd just started teaching when I left town.  But I was so inspired I had to continue..."

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/09 at 10:18 am

In Children of the Corn Joseph, a kid trying to escape the town is killed by Maliki. Joseph, throat slashed, winds up in the middle of the road and gets hit by the car Peter Horton is driving. Joseph ends up face down on the road.

Peter Horton turn Joseph over (on his back) to check him out and when linda hamilton runs up and discovers the thing they hit was a kid she freaks out. The camera then cuts back to Joseph.....who is face down...  not face up as Horton left him to console his girlfriend.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/10 at 7:14 pm

'Hot Tub Time Machine' takes us back to 1986 ...

When Nick is having tub sex with that girl, we hear 'Push It' by Salt 'n Pepa

When Blaine finds the guys modern day gadgets, his buddy makes a 21 Jump Street reference

... where these things do not exist until 1-2 years later.

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/10 at 7:32 pm

When Blaine finds the guys modern day gadgets, his buddy makes a 21 Jump Street reference

I don't know what month they go back to in HTTM but Hot, Cool & Vicious was recorded circa 85-86 and the album was released in Dec 86. Its possible an advanced single of Push It may have been circulating mid to late 86 before the official release of the album. 

but you're right about Jump Street. That didn't air until spring 87

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/10 at 9:37 pm

Yeah, "Push It" and "21 Jump Street" are distinctly '88 - '90.  The culture got tougher and louder at the end of the decade.  If you lived through it, you remember.  If you haven't, it makes little difference at all.

Written By: whistledog on 07/02/10 at 5:48 pm

An advance copy is possible, but it was playin' like it was 1988 lol

Also in HTTM, on Blaine's bedroom wall is a Rambo III poster.  Also, when they first enter the lodge in 1986, a clip of Alf is seen on the TV.  Alf was in it's first season in Winter of 1986, but the clip they had was from a later season.  If you remember Alf well, you will remember that in Season 1, he had a deeper (and slightly different sounding) voice than he had in later seasons .

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/10 at 10:58 pm

In the 1989 film 'The Wizard', the featured game at Video Armaggedon is 'Super Mario Bros. 3'.  When the host announces Jimmy has completed world 2, we see Mario jump to get a 3rd card which would mean he would have already completed 'LEVEL' 2 before.

When Jimmy finds the warp whistle, he uses it right away, or does he?  Look close, Mario is not standing at the completed castle.  He's standing at a completed level 5, which means after he got the flute, he then went and completed level 5 and no one even noticed.  Now those are some wizard skills.

We also see that girl Mora on level 3, but if you look close, she is on level 1 still (you can tell because of the ? block on the ground), but the host states she is on world 3.

The song 'Send Me an Angel 89' can be heard in the film, but the end credits have it listed without the 89.  If you know that song well, you know the difference between the 89 remake and the original 1983 version.

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/10 at 8:25 am

Not so much an error, but a location goof ...

The cult classic 'Class of 1984' starring Perry King and Michael J. Fox was filmed in Toronto.  The locale was set in the USA, as evident in the scene where Fox is seen raising the U.S. Flag, but in several street scenes, you can see a Mr. Submarine, A&A Records and Tapes and Sam the Record Man, all which were then well-known Canadian stores.  As well, the band that performs at the club that Tim Van Patten's character goes to is the group Teenage Head, who were a Hamilton area band known as the Ramones of Canada.

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/10 at 9:51 am

I may have mentioned it before but in the film Girls Just Want to Have Fun  Helen Hunt's final hairdo changes about 5 times  ;D
part of it can be attributed to the wig her stunt double is wearing in the scene where "she" and Sarah Jessica Parker's character climb down a rope to get from a second floor bedroom.  But still sometimes the hair is straight up, sometimes its just really big and bushy and sometimes its down but kind of wild  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/10 at 11:42 am

I may have mentioned it before but in the film Girls Just Want to Have Fun  Helen Hunt's final hairdo changes about 5 times  ;D
part of it can be attributed to the wig her stunt double is wearing in the scene where "she" and Sarah Jessica Parker's character climb down a rope to get from a second floor bedroom.  But still sometimes the hair is straight up, sometimes its just really big and bushy and sometimes its down but kind of wild  ;D

I'll have to re watch that and notice.  That was a good movie

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/10 at 1:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2iJ2yCIF94

Has this been mentioned yet?

A man in blue jeans and a white t-shirt (modern clothing) is seen walking behind Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Written By: snozberries on 08/17/10 at 2:22 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2iJ2yCIF94

Has this been mentioned yet?

A man in blue jeans and a white t-shirt (modern clothing) is seen walking behind Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

I don't remember anyone mentionng it. Good spot.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/10 at 1:18 pm

*Spoiler Alert*

In Horatio Hornblower: Retribution, Capt Sawyer & Midshipman Wellard are standing next to each other (Sawyer on the left & Wellard on the right) when they are both gunned down at the same time. When they show them lying on the floor, Sawyer is on the right & Wellard is on the left. I often wondered why they switched positions before they died.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/11 at 2:37 pm

In Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, Hermione meets up with Harry in Diagon Alley who has broken glass. She points her wand at them and says, "Oculas Reparant" which fixes them. HELLO?!!!! Students are NOT supposed to do magic outside of Hogwarts. Harry even says to Hedwick that he can't do magic earlier in the movie. And when Harry does magic in The Prisoner of Azkaban, he receives an owl from the Ministry of Magic within 5 minutes. 

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/25/11 at 4:05 pm

I was watching A Little Princess and in the beginning of the film, the girl playing Sarah is running through the Indian forest with a native boy and as they run, she attempts the "Tarzan Yell" twice.

It's an error because the film in set in 1914 and the Tarzan Yell didn't come around until 1932 when Johnny Weissmueller starred in the first Tarzan movie. (well the first with Weismueller as the Jungle Man)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 2:01 am

In Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, Hermione meets up with Harry in Diagon Alley who has broken glass. She points her wand at them and says, "Oculas Reparant" which fixes them. HELLO?!!!! Students are NOT supposed to do magic outside of Hogwarts. Harry even says to Hedwick that he can't do magic earlier in the movie. And when Harry does magic in The Prisoner of Azkaban, he receives an owl from the Ministry of Magic within 5 minutes. 

Cat

Hermione also repaired Harry's glasses on the Hogwarts Express in Socerer's Stone... I think, because it Diagon Alley Hermione can get away with it because it's a magical world where as Harry used magic in the muggle world which is a far more serious offense. . .

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/26/11 at 9:36 am

I can't remember if I've posted this before but...

Pretty in Pink, the original ending Duckie gets the girl but the test audiences said they wanted Blane to get her, so they decided to re-shoot it.

The actors were called back but Andrew McCarthy had been working on another project that he shaved his head for.  He also lost a bit of weight.  The new ending shows a thinner, wig wearing Blane.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 12:33 pm

^ awesome. I didn't know that.

Something similar happened in Top Gun. They had to reshoot or needed to add the elevator scene Kelly McGillis was shooting a new film (Wotness I think) anyway she had red hair so the made her wear a baseball cap and tucked as much of her hair into it as they could. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/11 at 1:05 pm

Hermione also repaired Harry's glasses on the Hogwarts Express in Socerer's Stone... I think, because it Diagon Alley Hermione can get away with it because it's a magical world where as Harry used magic in the muggle world which is a far more serious offense. . .

The thing is when she repairs the glasses in the Sorcerer's Stone-they were not told NOT to do magic at that point so it was ok.

I don't think it was in the book C.O.S.-that was Hollywood.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/11 at 12:08 am

In Rise of the Planet of the Apes (guess what movie I saw today  :D  )  someone is killed in a building - i won't go into details cuz it's a plot point.... anyway  cut to several patrol cars outside the building.  The cars belong to Highway Patrol....Highway Patrol would not be the agency called out to investigate a death inside a building unless someone drove a car thru it.... . if the bldg was in an unincorporated area (which is implied since CHP is there and they call SFPD to notify them they will need assistance) then the law enforcement agency that would be investigating the crime would be the county sheriff not CHP.  ::)

Written By: seamermar on 08/31/11 at 2:53 am

That's right Q, in the movies they rarely respect reality.
They choose glamour instead, and CHP is knowed for having pretty handsome men  :-* :D

No harm done.....I guess  :-\\

Anyway cops never show up accurate on the screen  ::)

The closer you are the clearer you see the fake

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/11 at 3:10 am

That's right Q, in the movies they rarely respect reality.
They choose glamour instead, and CHP is knowed for having pretty handsome men  :-* :D

No harm done.....I guess  :-\\

Anyway cops never show up accurate on the screen  ::)

The closer you are the clearer you see the fake

Not always Paco (and welcome back again!)  There is a TV series here in the US called Southland and they do a really good job of getting it right and portraying cops (the good and the bad) as they really are!  It's one of my favorite shows.

Written By: seamermar on 08/31/11 at 3:17 am

Fortunately, not everything is weak and bad, Q.
But you have to watch more chaff than wheat  :P

BTW, do you ever fall asleep ?  :) :-*

It's in the morning here. I guess the sun is still hidden where you are  ???

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/31/11 at 3:41 am

There is 9 hours difference between you and Q. 

And about 6 hours between you and me.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/11 at 3:46 am

Fortunately, not everything is weak and bad, Q.
But you have to watch more chaff than wheat  :P

its morning here too...but the dark part of morning. it's almost 2 am. I'm going to bed now actually...night!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/11 at 11:25 am

In Sherlock Holmes: The Musgrave Ritual, they figured out a map by using the measurements of an elm tree that was cut down a few years earlier. However, when the map was created-several centuries earlier, the elm would have been much smaller.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/11 at 2:46 pm

In Sherlock Holmes: The Musgrave Ritual, they figured out a map by using the measurements of an elm tree that was cut down a few years earlier. However, when the map was created-several centuries earlier, the elm would have been much smaller.

Cat

;D  that's hilarious!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/31/11 at 3:43 pm

Here is a video about how they changed the town of Corinth, Vermont to make the movie "Beetlejuice" 22 years ago.  I was trying to look up whether the pretty covered bridge hat I remembered in that film was damaged in the hurricane and discovered the bridge was fake (made for the movie).  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rH-0k_b9DE

Written By: whistledog on 08/31/11 at 5:55 pm

This one is not so much an error in a movie, but it is a plot hole in the continuation of a film series.

In the movie 'Casino Royale' with Daniel Craig, Judi Dench plays M, a role she has played in every James Bond film since 'GoldenEye' in 1995.  The story of 'Casino Royale' shows us James Bond when he first got his 00 status.  In the movie 'GoldenEye', it is referenced that it is the first time a woman has assumed the role of M.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/11 at 6:49 pm

This one is not so much an error in a movie, but it is a plot hole in the continuation of a film series.

In the movie 'Casino Royale' with Daniel Draig, Judi Dench plays M, a role she has played in every James Bond film since 'GoldenEye' in 1995.  The story of 'Casino Royale' shows us James bond when he first got his 00 status.  In the movie 'GoldenEye', it is referenced that it is the first time a woman has assumed the role of M.

the writers of Royale obviously didnt do their homework...the writers of Golden Eye couldn't have predicted the making of Royale... but those are the plot points I'm likely to forgive...

Check for new replies or respond here...