» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Popular Colours of the decades

Written By: Brigitte on 09/07/08 at 5:01 pm

What were the popular colours for each decade? I remember the 70's had a bunch of earth tones like harvest gold and Avocado green and browns but what about the 40's, 50's & 60's? I'm thinking of kitchen appliances but it could be in fashions too.
50's had a lot of pink I think.

Subject: Re: Popular Colours of the decades

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/07/08 at 7:54 pm

Hi there!

I think in the 50s, like you said pink was THE color. (I've even seen old wedding cake toppers that had a the bride in pink) In the 50s and 60s, I think the colros were more relaxed and easier, like pastel pinks and soft turquises and buttery yellows. Even the appliances like stoves and fridges and mixers were soft colored like that. Before that , in the forties, I think stongers, starker colors were in like the standard white and black and things like that. In alot of old moves from the era (like Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant flicks) the kitchens kind of look like that.  :)

I hoped that helped.

Check for new replies or respond here...