» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Movies that don't end when the credits roll

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:08 pm

Some filmmakers have been keeping butts in the seats of movie goers during the credits by adding little gems to the end of their films

Kung Fu Panda:
Po and Shifu share dumplings while sitting on a ridge

Adventures in Babysitting: The hench man from the car theft ring is still clinging to the side of the building. He looks up at the camera and asks for help

Love & Basketball:  Monica and Quincy's baby carries on the bball tradition by making a basket on a nerf/playskool basketball set.

Phantom Menace: You can hear Darth Vader breathing as the last credit line rolls and the screen fades to black.

come there are a ton of them I don't want to hog them all so carry on!

Subject: Re: Movies that don't end when the credits roll

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 11:16 pm

Pirates Of The Caribbean has gotten famous for this

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/08 at 11:16 pm

At the end of 'Iron Man', Samuel L. Jackson is in a short scene which I won't give away

As the credits roll during 'Jimmy Hollywood', Harrison Ford and Barry Levison appear as themselves as we watch them attempting to film a scene for "The Jimmy Hollywood" Movie LOL

I know there are others in movies, but I will need to ponder this ...

Written By: Dagwood on 11/23/08 at 11:17 pm

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - The principal trying to get back to school during the credits and Ferris telling the audience to go home when they end.

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/08 at 11:18 pm

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - The principal trying to get back to school during the credits and Ferris telling the audience to go home when they end.

I totally forgot about that one.  Good stuff 8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:22 pm

At the end of 'Iron Man', Samuel L. Jackson is in a short scene which I won't give away

I vaguely remember that ending I need to watch it again but waiting for the release of IM2

oh yeah that reminds me at the end of X-Men 3 there is a tag that involves Professor X (a whole is he dead or not kind of thing)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/08 at 2:55 am

Do the Burt Reynolds movies where they show the bloopers count?
???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/08 at 2:59 am

Blazing Saddles had the two main stars riding off into the sunset, dismount their horses and drive off in limousines. By this time, most of the audience had left the screening and missed out on this cinemagraphic feast.

Written By: Tia on 11/24/08 at 11:10 am

???
there's a jackie chan movie where after the credits there's a big behind-the-scenes thing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/08 at 12:41 pm

There is a sequence after the credits roll in Guy Richie's latest film RocknRolla, I will no disclose on this for I do not wish to spoill it for the viewer.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:52 pm

???

I like those too but they usually show them during the first part of the credits right. Nothing tacked on at the end?

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:53 pm

There is a sequence after the credits roll in Guy Richie's latest film RocknRolla, I will no disclose on this for I do not wish to spoill it for the viewer.

that's cool... its good to mention it even if you don't want to describe so that people will know to look for it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/08 at 1:54 pm

that's cool... its good to mention it even if you don't want to describe so that people will know to look for it.

Lets say, I left the auditorim laughing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/08 at 2:20 pm

This is Spinal Tap

Various drummers exploding, Nigel Tuffnel discusses his ambition to be a shoe salesman, etc.

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/08 at 2:39 pm

Is it just me, or did the freeze-frame ending go out of style in or after the '80s? 
???

Usually it would freeze on a final joke (eg. "Nine to Five" where Roz sees Judy, Violet, and Doralee drinking champagne at Hart's desk, and exclaims, "Holy merde!" and the picture freezes with the three women raising their glasses.)

Or a victorious moment (eg. "Lucas" when Lucas dons the football letter jacket and raises his fist in a victory salute and the picture freezes.)

Or a poignant effect (eg. "Kramer vs. Kramer" in which the picture freezes on Ted and Joanna embracing in the lobby of the apartment building.)

Film makers don't seem to opt for the freeze-frame as much as they used to.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 2:40 pm

Is it just me, or did the freeze-frame ending go out of style in or after the '80s? 
???

Usually it would freeze on a final joke (eg. "Nine to Five" where Roz sees Judy, Violet, and Doralee drinking champagne at Hart's desk, and exclaims, "Holy merde!" and the picture freezes with the three women raising their glasses.)

Or a victorious moment (eg. "Lucas" when Lucas dons the football letter jacket and raises his fist in a victory salute and the picture freezes.)

Or a poignant effect (eg. "Kramer vs. Kramer" in which the picture freezes on Ted and Joanna embracing in the lobby of the apartment building.)

I hadn't thought about it but you're right.

Written By: Tia on 11/24/08 at 2:45 pm

???

i think a lot of low-quality TV shows started over-relying on that freeze-frame stunt in the 70s and 80s and after enough shows like "TJ Hooker" started doing it all the time it lost its luster. on MST3k whenever they do a movie that ends in a freeze frame they mock it mercilessly; i think it was "PumaMan", a made-for-t.v. movie about a superhero who has all the powers of a puma (like flying (?)) there's a freeze frame in the end with all the good guys laughing and smiling, and mike and the bots laugh like hyenas for the entire end credits. it's disconcerting.

anyway, that's just a random theory. i'm sure there's a wikipedia entry on it.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/08 at 7:49 pm

???

Freeze-Frame endings ALWAYS make me think of "CHiPs" ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 10:49 pm

I just watched This Christmas (2007)  it ends with the entire cast doing a Soul Train line dance  They are dancing as themselves not the characters... the film does end with a freeze frame.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/25/08 at 2:58 pm

Wasn't there something at the end of Buffy (the original movie) with the guy/vampire (I believe played by Garrett Morris) was STILL dying? Or am I thinking of another movie. 

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/08 at 3:16 pm

Wasn't there something at the end of Buffy (the original movie) with the guy/vampire (I believe played by Garrett Morris) was STILL dying? Or am I thinking of another movie. 

Cat

Actually I think you might be right... but you have to remember in my personal universe Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie doesn't exist  ;)

The universe begins and ends with the TV series Buffy the Vampire Layer Slayer  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/25/08 at 4:29 pm

OMG, I just had a flashback to a CHiPs F-F. 

There's ice cream cones perched on the bikes and Paunch says, "I was expecting tutti-frutti!"  Picture freezes on Paunch and John gnoshing into the ice cream.  Earlier in the episode there was a joke about "Chief promised us an ice cream cone..."
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...