» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Hidden Tracks on CDs

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/08 at 11:30 pm

Snoz's recent movie topic inspired me to do this one lol

♦ Wham!'s 1983 album 'Fantastic' contains an untitled honky tonk piano track exactly 10 seconds after 'Young Guns (Go For It!)'.  Appears on the LP, cassette and CD (I have all three)

♦ On the 1993 CD 'Very' by the Pet Shop Boys, when 'Go West' ends, fast forward like 7 minutes of silence and you will find a really beautiful song called 'Postscript' which is (if I recall) not even a minute in length

♦ On the 2001 CD 'Chances' by Sylver, there are two hidden songs after Track 10 following like a minute of silence.  A remix of both 'Turn the Side' and 'Skin'

♦ The 2007 CD 'Send Away the Tigers' by Manic Street Preachers contains a wonderful cover of Lennon's 'Working Class Hero' which follows immediately after the last track

Subject: Re: Hidden Tracks on CDs

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:50 pm

Alanis Morrisette Jagged Little Pill.  About a minute after You Oughta Know - the final track is a hidden track its very good but I don't know the name of it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/24/08 at 10:28 am

Live have a cool untitled track at the end of their album "Throwing Copper".

Pearl Jam also have this cool instrumental at the end of "Ten".

Written By: Tia on 11/24/08 at 11:09 am

Alanis Morrisette Jagged Little Pill.  About a minute after You Oughta Know - the final track is a hidden track its very good but I don't know the name of it.

i think it's a heavier version of you oughta know.

there's also one on nirvana's never mind. if you leave the CD on for a long, long, LONG time, there's this heavy song that's almost like death metal or something.

Written By: karen on 11/24/08 at 11:57 am

Not quite a hidden track but on Robbie Williams's Swing When You're Winning about 20 minutes after the last track finishes (but still listed as track 15 on the CD player) there is a bit of conversation/rehearsal.  It makes me jump if I've been playing the CD and then forgotten about it - suddenly there's some unknown person talking in the lounge!

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:55 pm

i think it's a heavier version of you oughta know.

no its different from you oughta know.

I found a clip of it online.  Its called Forgive Me Love.

http://www.actionext.com/names_a/alanis_morissette_lyrics/forgive_me_love.html

Written By: robby76 on 11/24/08 at 9:14 pm

The only one I've ever known of and owned is Janet's 1991 album which had "Whoops Now" tagged on at the very end. The little trickster!   :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 10:46 pm

The only one I've ever known of and owned is Janet's 1991 album which had "Whoops Now" tagged on at the very end. The little trickster!   :D

something I didn't know... think I'll check it out.

THX

Check for new replies or respond here...