» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Albums, movies, cartoons, etc. that make you ask: Why does this exist?

Written By: Step-chan on 01/13/09 at 10:58 pm

I was reading I-mockery's albums that suck section. They had the Star Wars Christmas album reviewed on there along with a download of all of the songs from it. The reviewer mentioned that after listening to 30 seconds of you ask yourself "why does this exist?" They weren't kidding on that. Against my better judgement, I listened to the entire album. Ugh!

What have you seen that makes question why it exists?

No genre is sacred, so fire away! ;)

Subject: Re: Albums, movies, cartoons, etc. that make you ask: Why does this exist?

Written By: whistledog on 01/13/09 at 11:37 pm

South Park.  The animation is horrible, the jokes aren't funny, and some of the voices are super annoying, yet some how it's been on the air like what 10 seasons now?  HOW !?!?!?!?!

Subject: Re: Albums, movies, cartoons, etc. that make you ask: Why does this exist?

Written By: woops on 01/14/09 at 3:26 pm

Cartoons:

"SpongeBob"
"Scooby Doo"
"Popeye"
"King of the Hill" (good thing it's now canned)
the return of "Family Guy" (keeps on going downhill)
"Chowder"
Daffy Duck vs. Speedy Gonzales cartoons (agree with animation buffs that it was a bad idea from the get go)

Movies:

"Pretty Woman"
"___ Movie" from this decade execpt for the first two "Scary Movie" films
"Titanic"
"Napoleon Dynamite" (overrated and not even a bit interesting)

celebrities:

the list would go on...

Written By: Step-chan on 01/14/09 at 8:39 pm

South Park.  The animation is horrible, the jokes aren't funny, and some of the voices are super annoying, yet some how it's been on the air like what 10 seasons now?  HOW !?!?!?!?!

I haven't seen South Park in along time.

I'm surprised the Simpsons are still on.(The early seasons were good, but the newer ones are lacking)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/09 at 11:19 pm

TV Land Class Reunion

Written By: Step-chan on 01/16/09 at 12:22 am

TV Land Class Reunion

I've never seen that.

Written By: Davester on 01/16/09 at 1:05 am

TV Land Class Reunion

Didn't they feature c/o '87 on that one..?

Anyway, it was just another reality show.  Bah..!

Makes me think of another TV Land produced series called the Big 4-0 which was all about fantasy birthday parties or something.  Yeah right, like I have and extra $10,000 laying around to blow on my 40th birthday... ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/09 at 12:55 am

Didn't they feature c/o '87 on that one..?

Anyway, it was just another reality show.  Bah..!

Makes me think of another TV Land produced series called the Big 4-0 which was all about fantasy birthday parties or something.  Yeah right, like I have and extra $10,000 laying around to blow on my 40th birthday... ::)

I thought when I was a kid they'd stop condescending to Gen-X someday.  The abovementioned shows indicate they never will!
:P

Written By: woops on 01/22/09 at 4:05 pm

MTV

Written By: Step-chan on 01/23/09 at 1:50 am

MTV

Especially in its current state.

Written By: woops on 02/23/09 at 12:39 am

blogs

Written By: Frank on 02/23/09 at 3:17 pm

Rap music

Check for new replies or respond here...