» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Anime Past and Present

Written By: theanimewhore on 01/29/09 at 10:22 am

for any anime fans to talk and chat
MAnga has been around since the late 40's

anime itself has been around since the early 60's.

Subject: Re: Anime Past and Present

Written By: Tia on 01/29/09 at 10:41 am

i like the live-action monster movies myself but you and step-chan are probably gonna have a lost weekend.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/29/09 at 9:40 pm

^ Not to mention that this thread is also in PPP.

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/09 at 11:00 pm

The only anime I ever really watched (that I can recall) was that age old classic ASTROBOY

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/09 at 1:25 am

The only anime I ever really watched (that I can recall) was that age old classic ASTROBOY

I've never seen that show, have watched alittle Speed Racer and two of the Unico movies.

Written By: Davester on 01/30/09 at 8:35 am

Anime I've watched in the past includes Starblazers, Voltron, Robotech (a little) and Captain Harlock...

So I take it the manga means - man in gorilla suit?  There's something strangely liberating about watching Godzilla tear the downtown a new one while Godzuki looks on, blowing smoke rings...

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/09 at 8:44 am

I remember when Speed Racer came on here, loved it, but my friends thought I was nuts.  I was also a fan of Stingray and took quite a lot of ribbing about that, too.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/09 at 1:05 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of Speed Racer, but I remember seeing some of the show Samurai Pizza Cats(which didn't do well here in the U.S.) and loving it.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/09 at 1:11 pm

Anime I've watched in the past includes Starblazers, Voltron, Robotech (a little) and Captain Harlock...

So I take it the manga means - man in gorilla suit?  There's something strangely liberating about watching Godzilla tear the downtown a new one while Godzuki looks on, blowing smoke rings...

I've watched Voltron alot when I was younger, I thought it was funny how they did one of the character's deaths by making it sound like it wasn't. (I'll go and look up who it was, forgot his name)

Written By: woops on 01/30/09 at 6:05 pm

Mostly liked  anime parodies like "Perfect Hair Forever" and Ling Ling from "Drawn Together"

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/09 at 11:21 pm

Mostly liked  anime parodies like "Perfect Hair Forever" and Ling Ling from "Drawn Together"

I lack cable, so I've never seen those.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/19/10 at 10:51 pm

Now I'm trying to remember this one anime comedy I had on bootleg(I'm almost sure I don't have it now).

It's about this boy(I think he was raised by robots or something like that), he meets this one girl. Well, the first episode on the tape I had they ended up in Siberia(I think, I know it was a snowy region). I also remember that the boy was interested in the girl because he thought she was an alien.

The opening theme I kinda remember sounding like a Nirvana song(Teen Spirit in general, riff wise).

It's driving me nuts trying to find it!

Edit: Funny, Kashimashi keeps popping up in alot of the searches I've been using.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/20/10 at 12:43 am

Holy crap! Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08ECbh2qZo

Opening ^

I was mistaken, the teenage boy lived in an underground shelter.(Well, it's been awhile, the episodes I had were later ones too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_iw2TuSfxk&feature=related

Good to remember it.

Check for new replies or respond here...