» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Songs you like from artists/genres you don't listen to and/or like

Written By: woops on 03/11/09 at 3:27 pm

What's your favorite song from any artist or type of music that you don't normally listen to.

Some of my favorite songs...

Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)", it's a catchy song despite that I find Whitney too over the top

Radiohead "Karma Police" & "Creep" (BTW, I'm not a Cyrus)

Beach Boys "Good Viberations", most of theit songs sound the same, IMHO

Nine Inch Nails "Closer", not much into industrial rock

Dr. Dre "Nothin' But A 'G' Thang" & "Let It Ride", not much into gangsta rap

Subject: Re: Songs you like from artists/genres you don't listen to and/or like

Written By: Frank on 03/11/09 at 4:31 pm

What's your favorite song from any artist or type of music that you don't normally listen to?

Legs - ZZ top..don;t like much of their other stuff I've heard
George Michael - Father figure..don't like his stuff after WHAM

Written By: Dagwood on 03/11/09 at 6:40 pm

I like Gangster's Paradise by Coolio but I hate Rap. 

Written By: whistledog on 03/11/09 at 8:06 pm

I like 'Gotta Be Somebody' by Nickelback, but everything else they do all sounds the same

I liked 'Cream' by Prince.  He had a few other listenable songs, but I never really cared for his music.  His original version of 'Kiss' is to me the worst song ever made

Written By: nally on 03/11/09 at 10:47 pm

Black Eyed Peas...I didn't really care for their stuff at first, but when they released "Don't Lie" in mid-2005, I thought that that song had a rather catchy beat to it. So I kinda like that one. As well as maybe one or two of their other songs.

Cher...I don't like most of her stuff, but I can tolerate "After All" (her 1989 duet with Peter Cetera) and her early 90's cover of "Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)", but that's about it.

I don't much care for country, but some country artists have songs I don't mind listening to that sound like pop. Examples include LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live", "I Need You" and "Can't Fight The Moonlight".

More to come later.

Written By: Frank on 03/12/09 at 12:26 am

I liked 'Cream' by Prince.  He had a few other listenable songs, but I never really cared for his music.  His original version of 'Kiss' is to me the worst song ever made

Prince's "Kiss".  8-P  It's in my top 10 list of bad songs, right up there with "Pass the Dutchie" 8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...