» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Anybody else have a similar Starbucks experience?

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/24/09 at 10:38 pm

Not trying to bash Starbucks, but last weekend I went there and had a short vanilla latte and a bacon egg sandwich. Later that day I had terrible indigestion but figured it could have been anything. Today I ordered the same thing and now I'm feeling nauseous again.

I don't want to pinpoint that Starbucks is the culprit and that it could possibly be too much stress, drank bad milk, or the fact that I went overboard on brownies last night  :-[ but I usually don't have problems with nausea and I noticed that I ate the exact same thing a few days ago so I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar experience with Starbuck.

Subject: Re: Anybody else have a similar Starbucks experience?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/24/09 at 10:44 pm

Yeah, I, for awhile, was hooked on their Orange Cranberry Scones with a unpleasant gassy effect.  :-[ 

Unfortunately it took me about 4 separate scone experiences to finally give them up.  ;D

I never was a big fan of their flavored fancy coffee drinks.  I like my coffee like I like my men, tall and sweet (and hot!)  ;) (which has nothing to do with Starbucks, I just wanted to say that phrase.  :D )

Subject: Re: Anybody else have a similar Starbucks experience?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/25/09 at 6:11 am

It may not be Starbucks, per se, it may be an ingredient that you are sensitive to in what you ordered.  If I were you I would stay away from those items.

Check for new replies or respond here...