» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Favorite commercials of all time

Written By: Frank on 04/03/09 at 2:23 am

What are some of your favorite adds?

Mine are the Native Indian with a tear in his eye due to the overwhelming pollution, don't know when that came out (late 60's??)  :\'(

Lots of those sports atheletes "lite beer from Miller..great taste..less filling" adds  ;D

Please share yours.
Thks,

Subject: Re: Favorite commercials of all time

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/09 at 2:32 am

Back in the 70s, there were a series of commerical for Benson & hedges cigarettes that featured Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan. I remember then being manic and hayhem, with hysterics along the way. I have not seen them since then and still wish to today.

Written By: gibbo on 04/03/09 at 3:08 am

In Australia ...back in the 80's there was a Coca Cola commercial that introduced The Body (Elle MacPherson) to us...  :)  Elle was walking slowly toward the camera in a bikini!  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/09 at 1:19 am

♦ The 90s commercials for Kellogg's Mini-Wheats, where Mr. Mini-Wheat would sit in a psychiatrists office and talk about his frosted side. 

♦ Those Magnavox ads from the 90s where John Cleese would talk to himself in the TVs

♦ The Doritos commercial where Chevy Chase swooped in on a crane and stole that lady's bag of Doritos, leaving her to be crushed by a steamroller

♦ The Visa Check Card commercial with Leslie Nielsen where he's basically a walking disaster, and all his bodyguards are working hard so he doesn't get injured

♦ MacGyver for Master Card

Written By: Frank on 04/04/09 at 1:35 am

♦ The 90s commercials for Kellogg's Mini-Wheats, where Mr. Mini-Wheat would sit in a psychiatrists office and talk about his frosted side. 

♦ Those Magnavox ads from the 90s where John Cleese would talk to himself in the TVs

♦ The Doritos commercial where Chevy Chase swooped in on a crane and stole that lady's bag of Doritos, leaving her to be crushed by a steamroller

♦ The Visa Check Card commercial with Leslie Nielsen where he's basically a walking disaster, and all his bodyguards are working hard so he doesn't get injured

♦ MacGyver for Master Card

I remember a few of these.  I liked the Leslie Nielsen ones

Written By: woops on 04/04/09 at 1:19 pm

The Pop Tart commercials with the stick figures  eating the pastries  :D

Written By: woops on 04/04/09 at 1:41 pm

Pepsi "Archeology"

Check for new replies or respond here...