» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Artists, movies, tv shows, etc. you like, but aren't widely popular or liked

Written By: woops on 04/13/09 at 4:49 pm

Pretty much self explanatory...

Though any examples?

Subject: Re: Artists, movies, tv shows, etc. you like, but aren't widely popular or liked

Written By: whistledog on 04/13/09 at 5:25 pm

I LOVED the movie 'The Island' starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson, but considering it was a box office bomb, I was one of few

Manic Street Preachers - Welsh rock band who have immense popularity in the UK, but in North America, they are pretty much total unknowns.  People at work always razz me when they see a Manics CD on my desk and ask me why I listen to music no one has ever heard of before? LOL

Subject: Re: Artists, movies, tv shows, etc. you like, but aren't widely popular or liked

Written By: gibbo on 04/13/09 at 6:37 pm

I LOVED the movie 'The Island' starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson, but considering it was a box office bomb, I was one of few

Manic Street Preachers - Welsh rock band who have immense popularity in the UK, but in North America, they are pretty much total unknowns.  People at work always razz me when they see a Manics CD on my desk and ask me why I listen to music no one has ever heard of before? LOL

Yeah...I liked The Island as well and couldn't believe it didn't perform better. I mean, Scarlett Johansen in a tight white bodysuit...what's not to like? ;)

I am enjoying Eli Stone but read last week that I am actually watching the final four episodes made....  :( >:(

Written By: whistledog on 04/13/09 at 8:32 pm

Yeah...I liked The Island as well and couldn't believe it didn't perform better. I mean, Scarlett Johansen in a tight white bodysuit...what's not to like? ;)

LOL I agree.  That freeway scene alone made the movie well worth the price of admission.  To me, that is one of the best chase sequences ever captured on film

Written By: woops on 04/14/09 at 1:07 pm

As a teen, I liked tv shows that only lasted a season or two like "Greg the Bunny" & "Shasta McNasty", though not sure now...

I'm probably one of the few people who enjoy some current animation along with theatrical cartoons... (The inbetween 'Toon Zone' & 'Golden Age Cartoon' crowd)

Movies: "Gimme An F", though don't think many even heard of it.

Check for new replies or respond here...