» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Worst movie you've ever seen?

Written By: Fairee07 on 04/26/09 at 11:35 pm

Tonight, I think I just watched the worst movie that I've even seen: Running With Scissors. I found it so bad and disturbing that I actually turned it off and I've never done that before. Many of you might disagree with me on my choice but I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar experience with a movie being unwatchable?

Subject: Re: Worst movie you've ever seen?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/09 at 1:14 am

Along Came Polly, everything about it was wrong.

Written By: Frank on 04/27/09 at 1:16 am

Tonight, I think I just watched the worst movie that I've even seen: Running With Scissors. I found it so bad and disturbing that I actually turned it off and I've never done that before. Many of you might disagree with me on my choice but I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar experience with a movie being unwatchable?

I've switched off hundreds of movies in my liefetime.
Worst movie ever? So far it's "Paris, Texas", however I haven't seen any Pauly Shore films yet.  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 04/27/09 at 3:10 am

The Cat in the Hat was pretty bad!

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/09 at 5:24 am

Freddy Got Fingered.  I actually watched the whole thing to give it a chance.  Somethings sadly cannot be unseen

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/09 at 5:56 am

Along Came Polly, everything about it was wrong.
The best part was when the curtains closed at the end.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/27/09 at 5:10 pm

Romi and Michelle's High School Reunion comes to mind.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/09 at 12:28 am

Worst one I ever bought a ticket to see?

"Hardbodies II"
:-[

Written By: Davester on 04/29/09 at 7:21 pm

Dirty Dancing is one of the worst I've seen...

Ace Ventura Pet Detective - Stupid movie with a stupid premise featuring stupid star.  Not stupid funny, but stupid stupid...
   The Wedding Singer - Nice try.  Survey says...XXX
   Robin Hood Men in Tights - weak Mel Brooks effort.  History of the World it ain't...
   Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight - Didn't like this one but can't remember why.  Probably stupid...
   Star Treks 3, 5 and 6 - Stupid (3 - After the exquisite agony of TWOK they bring that green blooded, inhuman back to life?!)  (5 - Spock's bro, Jesus, heaven...*yawn*) (6 - Klingons/Soviets/Chernobyl, get it..?)
   Dolores Claiborne (the un-horrifying horror movie.  Un-spine tingling, un-suspenseful, un-interesting.  Two hours of my life I can never get back...)

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/09 at 7:26 pm

Jason V Freddy was pretty bad.....

Written By: Davester on 04/29/09 at 7:31 pm

Jason vs. Freddy Kreuger LOL! - what were you expecting, another Citizen Kane..? ;D

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/09 at 11:51 pm

Jason vs. Freddy Kreuger LOL! - what were you expecting, another Citizen Kane..? ;D

Oh...I knew what it might be like...but it was much worse than my imagination. So bad...it was funny!  ;D

Written By: anabel on 04/30/09 at 9:21 pm

Total Recall-I can still picture that female alien with 3 boobs-not a pretty sight....to me!!

When I was young my older cousin and I snuck into "Terms of Endearment".  ???  After about 40 minutes of Mother and daughter Shirley Maclaine and Debra Winger screaming at each other we looked at each other and said "We could do this at home!" and snuck into another theatre.

Titanic-my Mom finally forced me to watch it with her at least 10 years after it came out and I hated it all but the last couple of minutes-I was glad when it was over!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/01/09 at 4:50 pm

Hand Down, Howard the Duck. I just thought it was the silly waste of 2 hours I've never spent.  >:(

Written By: Michael C. on 05/01/09 at 5:05 pm

Without a doubt.........1990's Sonny Boy.
Paul Smith {Blutto from the Popeye Movie} is married to a Woman named Pearl.
They steal a child...since they can't have one of their own.
The Boy is raised...in a cage........only brought out to kill Smith's enemies.......
Leonard Maltin sums it up as......"A repulsive, socially irredeemable waste of celluloid ... filmed for no apparent reason other to offend and appall" Normally.......I seek this type of Film out.. ::) But....even I couldn't overcome the ridiculously boring goings on. The ONLY Film I ever walked out on.......
Oh yeah...............Pearl.................was played by David Carradine.....in drag {complete w/ wig}

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4961/sonnyboyl.th.jpg

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/01/09 at 5:45 pm

:( I actually like that movie.

And someone mentioned Titanic. I love that movie too...

I feel conflicted now.

Written By: anabel on 05/01/09 at 6:22 pm

Without a doubt.........1990's Sonny Boy.
Paul Smith {Blutto from the Popeye Movie} is married to a Woman named Pearl.
They steal a child...since they can't have one of their own.
The Boy is raised...in a cage........only brought out to kill Smith's enemies.......
Leonard Maltin sums it up as......"A repulsive, socially irredeemable waste of celluloid ... filmed for no apparent reason other to offend and appall" Normally.......I seek this type of Film out.. ::) But....even I couldn't overcome the ridiculously boring goings on. The ONLY Film I ever walked out on.......
Oh yeah...............Pearl.................was played by David Carradine.....in drag {complete w/ wig}

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4961/sonnyboyl.th.jpg

Wow! Sounds like a movie that should come with the disclaimer "You will need therapy after this movie ends."

Written By: Satish on 05/01/09 at 7:39 pm

Total Recall-I can still picture that female alien with 3 boobs-not a pretty sight....to me!!

I loved Total Recall!  :)

By the way, this topic has been done before on this board:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=33695.0

Written By: Michael C. on 05/02/09 at 10:20 am

I wonder if David Carradine needed it , afterwards...... ;)

Wow! Sounds like a movie that should come with the disclaimer "You will need therapy after this movie ends."

Written By: nally on 10/15/11 at 4:38 pm

Titanic... didn't much care for it myself. :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 10/15/11 at 5:51 pm

I never saw Running with Scissors kinda reminds me of Royal Tannenbaums and I hated Royal Tannenbaums.

aw....come on Step... Romy & Michele....that was a funny movie!

Worst one I ever bought a ticket to see?

"Hardbodies II"
:-[

did ya go see Hardbodies I?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 10/15/11 at 5:55 pm

Dirty Dancing is one of the worst I've seen...

Ace Ventura Pet Detective - Stupid movie with a stupid premise featuring stupid star.  Not stupid funny, but stupid stupid...
  The Wedding Singer - Nice try.  Survey says...XXX
  Robin Hood Men in Tights - weak Mel Brooks effort.  History of the World it ain't...
  Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight - Didn't like this one but can't remember why.  Probably stupid...
  Star Treks 3, 5 and 6 - Stupid (3 - After the exquisite agony of TWOK they bring that green blooded, inhuman back to life?!)  (5 - Spock's bro, Jesus, heaven...*yawn*) (6 - Klingons/Soviets/Chernobyl, get it..?)
  Dolores Claiborne (the un-horrifying horror movie.  Un-spine tingling, un-suspenseful, un-interesting.  Two hours of my life I can never get back...)

WHAT!?!?!?!  I LOVE DIRTY DANCING!!!!

and I liked the Wedding Singer. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/15/11 at 5:56 pm

It was meant to be.......wasn't it?  :-\\

;D

Oh...I knew what it might be like...but it was much worse than my imagination. So bad...it was funny!  ;D

so bad it was funny.... yeah.. I think that was the point. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/15/11 at 6:05 pm

Titanic-my Mom finally forced me to watch it with her at least 10 years after it came out and I hated it all but the last couple of minutes-I was glad when it was over!

I wonder how anabel and Michael C are doing?  :-\\  anyway.....

Titanic was a horrible flick and since anabel isn't around I'll tell you why Tiff  ;) 

It was flawed from the start. 

A) it was set up to be a flash back movie yet they showed scenes that Rose wasn't in so how could she possibly relay those moments?
B) the film starts with the crew discovering the Titanic, Rose calls the head of the expedition (was that Bill Paxton?) and asks if he's discovered the heart of the ocean diamond or whatever it's called... then she comes on board the ship to...what? see if she can be there when they discover the stupid jewel she has been keeping in her pocket the entire time anyway.    All she had to say was I am a survivor of the titanic can I come aboard your ship and see what you discovered and tell you my story? There was no need for this non-mysterious mystery about the fate of the diamond necklace. 

And someone mentioned Titanic. I love that movie too...

I feel conflicted now.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/15/11 at 8:44 pm

The Howling (1980) ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/15/11 at 9:04 pm

Love and Other Drugs.  Even Anne Hathaway's boobies couldn't save this film

Written By: loki 13 on 10/15/11 at 9:21 pm

Sorcerer (1977) starring Roy Sheider.

The Blair Witch Project was a close second.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/11 at 9:49 pm

A wonderful flick called "Don't Go In The Woods" and the tag line should read, "Don't go to see it." Yes, I actually paid $ to see that and walked out-it was THAT BAD!!!  8-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Go_in_the_Woods

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/16/11 at 2:39 pm

I agree... I enjoyed that one. Some years later, a made-for-tv prequel entitled "Romy & Michele: In The Beginning" was made, and televised by ABC Family; that one wasn't as great, although it did have its moments.

Written By: King Tut on 10/16/11 at 2:56 pm

Sucker Free city
Serenity
Men in black
The cat in the hat
Freddy got fingered
Ace Ventura

These really shoudln't count coz I couldn't stomach myself to watch them all the way.  8-P

I also liked Romi and Michelle's High School Reunion.

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/11 at 3:06 pm

Sucker Free city
Men in black
The cat in the hat
Freddy got fingered
Ace Ventura

Fixt!  :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/16/11 at 3:14 pm

The Howling (1980) ;D

It was better than the second one...The Howling 2, Your Sister is a Werewolf.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/16/11 at 3:34 pm

It was better than the second one...The Howling 2, Your Sister is a Werewolf.

I bet it is better than the second one and the third one. :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/16/11 at 4:01 pm

There are many people who love this film and think it's brilliant but I hate Eraser Head.  I watched it once and I hated it and I tried to watch it again and I hated it...maybe I just don't get it.  :-\\

Written By: King Tut on 10/16/11 at 4:23 pm

There are many people who love this film and think it's brilliant but I hate Eraser Head.  I watched it once and I hated it and I tried to watch it again and I hated it...maybe I just don't get it.  :-\\

haha, this one I hated as well.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/24/11 at 5:35 pm

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ns22KNgbL.jpg

Do NOT watch this movie.

Sure it's a straight-to-DVD release which you've almost certainly never heard of, but it one of your friends ever comes up to you with this DVD and tells you it's funny and you should watch it, DON'T.

Instead just do yourself (and everyone else around you) a favor and kick him in the nuts, take the DVD away from him, then drive out to the nearest lake and throw it in.

A friend from work loaned it to me and it was so bad that after it was over I actually called him up and yelled at him and called him an asshole.

Don't even watch it out of curiosity just to see how bad it really is. You'll be so mad at me that you'll probably look me up online so you can find out where I live and then wait out in front of my place until I get home from work, and then kick me in the nuts.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/24/11 at 5:47 pm

Billy Jack  soooo bad.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_JnYdydEJQ3g/TcjQVRxtbUI/AAAAAAAAPgA/94i5CDXDMm8/billy%20jack%20poster.jpg

Written By: Tia on 10/24/11 at 9:40 pm

(500) Days of Summer, the Zooey Deschanel romance movie. it's actually a quite loved movie, but i detested it. and in a perfect kind of way, too... EVERYTHING about it was wrong.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/24/11 at 9:45 pm

Aside from Howard the Duck, I have to say recently, The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

I spent years dogding that film because I literally thoguht it would scar me for life and I finally got the nerve to watch it last week. It was so damn dissapointing, I can't even tell you. It wasnt; anything like I imagined. I fgured it would be like the Exorcist on steroids or something. Thriller was scarier to me than this movie. The only thing disturbing was ehrn the girl would curl up in strange poses. But there was no head spinning, no pea soup spitting, nothing of any real signifigance. It was a crock and I wasted two hours of my life on it. Hell, I've had nightmares scarier than what I saw.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/25/11 at 12:42 am

One that I actually saw in the theater and paid full price (not matinee or rental?)  Eyes wide shut.  I kept hoping it would get better...

One I saw recently, my husband bought it for a dollar and the DVD had 3 other movies on it... Leeches.  OMG.  It was...a 2003 homoerotic horror movie.  We had no idea before we watched it.  It's funny and awful at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8LShEyGRp8

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/25/11 at 1:10 am

did ya go see Hardbodies I?  ???

I only went to Hardbodies II 'coz I wanted to see some tit-tay!  It even delivered poorly on that front!

Most acclaimed motion picture to make my worst movie list:

"The Last Temptation of Christ." (1987)  Even Scorsese strikes a sour note now and again.  I Thought Last Temptation was a dreary conglomeration of deliberate gainsaying of Catholic dogma, and even in doing so, Scorsese made a film so long and so tedious I couldn't keep myself awake through the second half.

Written By: gibbo on 10/25/11 at 1:51 am

Jason V Freddy was pretty bad!  Not in a scary way ... but in a cringing, embarrassed sort of way.

Written By: Henk on 10/25/11 at 5:53 am

Two movies I recommend:

Summer School. It's SO bad, I don't even remember anything but the title. And to think I actually saw it twice.
(I know there's at least two movies with this title, and I'm pretty sure it's not the one featuring Mark Harmon... ::))

Sasquatch Hunters (2005). So bad, I've never subjected myself to watching the full movie. After reading the synopsis, and after seeing some scenes (while in the process of channel hopping) I decided it would be a complete waste of time and energy. The CGI special effects are mindboggingly TERRIBLE! Any child can see the so-called sasquatches are completely fake. And of course, the acting is of a similar dusturbingly poor level.
WARNING: rated 3.4 on IMDb. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/11 at 6:59 pm

One that I actually saw in the theater and paid full price (not matinee or rental?)  Eyes wide shut.  I kept hoping it would get better...

I agree. I thought it should be good because it had Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman but man, it really sucked the big one!  8-P

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/26/11 at 7:46 pm

I agree. I thought it should be good because it had Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman but man, it really sucked the big one!  8-P

Cat

I love the Masked Ball scene. 

The music is composed by English violist Jocelyn Pook.  She uses a backwards recording of Romanian priests celebrating orthodox mass.  I think it's beautiful, but it tends to freak people out!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil7.gif

Written By: Step-chan on 10/26/11 at 9:42 pm

I'm trying to remember why I said that...

Because the live action version of Fist of the North Star is actually one I really really hate.

Written By: Jessica on 10/26/11 at 11:00 pm

Two movies that everyone MUST see because they are so godawful:

"The Room", which is the epic classic by the godlike Tommy Wiseau.  This movie is just a masterpiece of shyt.

"Hell Comes to Frogtown", with Roddy Piper.  This movie was so terrible that I was hammering back shots just to forget how craptacular it was.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/11 at 1:01 am

Cat
Not only TC and NK, it was made by Stanley Kubrick, another reason to be a good film, I was disappointed too.

Check for new replies or respond here...