» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Mobile phones

Written By: holicman on 06/03/09 at 6:03 pm

what is your opinion on the development of mobile phones over the last decade ??

What sort/brand  of mobile do you have and what capabilities do you look for in a mobile ??

What feature would you like to see on a mobile that doesnt currently exist or is a rare feature to find on a phone ?

All feedback, comments or suggestions welcome :)

Subject: Re: Mobile phones

Written By: Kyle23 on 06/21/09 at 4:49 pm

what is your opinion on the development of mobile phones over the last decade ??

What sort/brand  of mobile do you have and what capabilities do you look for in a mobile ??

What feature would you like to see on a mobile that doesnt currently exist or is a rare feature to find on a phone ?

They have been getting better, but I have a feeling the mobile phone is not really a phone anymore.  It is a computer with phone like features.  Texting is a computer feature.

Written By: Frank on 06/21/09 at 10:11 pm

I don't have a mobile hone and has never owned one ( neither has my wife)
So, can't help there.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/21/09 at 10:15 pm

True........
They have been getting better, but I have a feeling the mobile phone is not really a phone anymore.  It is a computer with phone like features.  Texting is a computer feature.

Written By: La Roche on 06/21/09 at 10:22 pm

I've become the phone geek.

I have two cell phones now.

One is a Blackberry Curve 8330. I use it primarily for business and it's excellent.

I also have a Samsung Instinct, the fancy touch screen i.phone killer from Sprint. I bought that from work and so Sprint gave me another phone for free when I re-upped my contract, so, if anybody wants another Blackberry Curve let me know.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/21/09 at 10:25 pm

Cell Phones have gotten like Computers...it seems as soon as You get one...another comes on the market that makes Yours look obsolete.
I have a Motorola Razr {V3}
It seems to have a good built in antenna and I like it's not bulky.
I like that it can hook it up to My Computer {via a USB Cable}. I'm able to download MP3 ringtones & pictures pretty easily without going through My provider's limited choices.
If I have to carry a phone,I want to be able to at least have it be fun....
I like assigned ringtones.

Written By: 90steen on 06/21/09 at 11:35 pm

My nephew stopped over my house with one of his girlfriends, and she showed me her flip phone and told me it was so 2007. I guess every kid has a phone with a keyboard and the internet. i didn't think everyone would be walking around with little computers just yet, Mobile phones have really quickly advanced.

I got my first one in 1998. Well it was a gift that they bought in 1997... and I'd probably be beat up if somebody saw me walking around talking on it. It was a Nokia

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/28/09 at 9:31 pm

I got my first phone last year. I'm just glad that the phones got down sized and have internet access. I have a Razr phone (bought it because I saw MJ chatting on one once) and mine has a black and pink zebra print cover. I put a loud cover on mine because I always misplace it. And I like to check my mail on it.  ;D

Written By: Michael C. on 06/28/09 at 10:02 pm

The Razr is the best phone I've owned....

I got my first phone last year. I'm just glad that the phones got down sized and have internet access. I have a Razr phone (bought it because I saw MJ chatting on one once) and mine has a black and pink zebra print cover. I put a loud cover on mine because I always misplace it. And I like to check my mail on it.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...