» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: POLL: Which TV family would rather live with?

Written By: snozberries on 06/21/09 at 11:55 pm

Okay so there are a ton of TV families out there to choose from... I chose shows that primarily focused on the children.

Also I stayed away from the ones with supernatural powers... otherwise we'd all want to be Stevenses or Nelsons (Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie) 

I also stayed away from the Munsters and the Addams because well, I'm thinking real world options here.....

other than that this poll is fair game....

If you were a kid which families would have been best to grow up with?

Subject: Re: POLL: Which TV family would rather live with?

Written By: snozberries on 06/21/09 at 11:57 pm

I picked the Cleavers because as strict as Ward was Beaver sure got away with a lot of stupid shyt!  ;D

I picked the Stones because Donna seemed like a great mom.... domestic yet on the cusp of feminism.

and I picked the Huxtables because who wouldn't  ;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/22/09 at 12:14 am

What, no love for the Strattons of Silver Spoons fame?

I can spreak for at least three GenX-ers who remember nothing else about that show (myself included, I had to look the name up!) other than the fact that the kid had a freaking arcade in his house.  Having grown up in an era when the home versions of the games were vastly inferior to the hardware at the arcades, that was one of the first things on the list of things to do after getting one's own place was to get a coin-op machine.  A serious "achievement unlocked" moment.

Written By: gibbo on 06/22/09 at 1:58 am

Hmmmm....I would have liked to live with the Partridges (cos I had a crush on both Mom and daughter....and could really have wreaked havoc in that scenario...as long as we weren't actually related tho.. :o).

But I also would have liked to live with the Cunninghams (Happy Days). It would have been cool to meet Fonzie and hang out with Richie, Ralph Malph and Potsie!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/09 at 2:11 am

What, no love for the Strattons of Silver Spoons fame?

I can spreak for at least three GenX-ers who remember nothing else about that show (myself included, I had to look the name up!) other than the fact that the kid had a freaking arcade in his house.  Having grown up in an era when the home versions of the games were vastly inferior to the hardware at the arcades, that was one of the first things on the list of things to do after getting one's own place was to get a coin-op machine.  A serious "achievement unlocked" moment.

Hmmmm....I would have liked to live with the Partridges (cos I had a crush on both Mom and daughter....and could really have wreaked havoc in that scenario...as long as we weren't actually related tho.. :o).

But I also would have liked to live with the Cunninghams (Happy Days). It would have been cool to meet Fonzie and hang out with Richie, Ralph Malph and Potsie!  8)

I knew I was leaving out a few!

Written By: mooster on 06/22/09 at 2:51 am

The Brady's or The Partridge's

Written By: Dagwood on 06/22/09 at 8:24 am

The Connors, definitely

Written By: anabel on 06/22/09 at 4:47 pm

I chose The Partidge Family because I love music and big colorful busses! And Keith-we would not be related in this scenario, right?  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/22/09 at 5:05 pm

other:  The Strattons (Edward and Kate did eventually get married).  To live in a house with a train and toys and to be a big kid.  That would be SUPER cool!

Written By: Frank on 06/22/09 at 5:47 pm

I chose "The Brady Bunch".  It's pretty much my fave show.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/22/09 at 5:56 pm

I voted for the Keatons-well being a liberal hippy myself, I would fit right in-even though Alex is a conservative. But who knows, maybe I could persuade him to see the errors of his ways.  ;) :D ;D ;D

I also picked the Huxtables-like Snoz said, who wouldn't.  ;) :D ;D ;D

And my last choice I had a hard time with but I went with the Partridge family because there was always music in the house.

I didn't go with the Brady Bunch because I don't think I could live without a toilet.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 06/22/09 at 6:25 pm

For some reason I always wanted to be part of the Lawrence Family from the show Family.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/22/09 at 6:46 pm

Wow !!!
When I saw this topic,near the top of the threads,Family popped in My head.
I was disappointed that after the first DVD release,the following Seasons were not.
For some reason I always wanted to be part of the Lawrence Family from the show Family.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/22/09 at 6:51 pm

I don't know if I'd want to be adopted....But......Who wouldn't want to hang around at Sanford's Junkyard ?
Hangin' with Fred....Grady.......Bubba........Rankin' on Aunt Esther.....
Wow !!!
When I saw this topic,near the top of the threads,Family popped in My head.
I was disappointed that after the first DVD release,the following Seasons were not.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/22/09 at 8:27 pm

For me it's either the Keatons, the Arnolds, or the Bradys.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/09 at 10:18 pm

I voted for the Keatons-well being a liberal hippy myself, I would fit right in-even though Alex is a conservative. But who knows, maybe I could persuade him to see the errors of his ways.  ;) :D ;D ;D

I also picked the Huxtables-like Snoz said, who wouldn't.  ;) :D ;D ;D

And my last choice I had a hard time with but I went with the Partridge family because there was always music in the house.

I didn't go with the Brady Bunch because I don't think I could live without a toilet.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

;D  plus there's that whole thing about the brady's disappearing animals.... that cat never did come back with them after the honeymoon and well we know about Tiger....

someone should draw a cartoon of the brady's doing Potato sack racing in their yard and have a dog house with Tiger's name on it and a chain going inside attached to animal bones!  ;D

Written By: anabel on 06/22/09 at 10:35 pm

An interesting note for you, gibbo, Susan Dey (Laurie) went to my high school!  Many years before I did, but she went for Freshman and Sophomore years at good old Pekin High School in Illinois..she ended up moving to New York after that, but she was born and raised in my old hometown, but I've never met her...sorry I can't get you an autograph... ::)

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/09 at 10:41 pm

An interesting note for you, gibbo, Susan Dey (Laurie) went to my high school!  Many years before I did, but she went for Freshman and Sophomore years at good old Pekin High School in Illinois..she ended up moving to New York after that, but she was born and raised in my old hometown, but I've never met her...sorry I can't get you an autograph... ::)

but you may have sat in a chair she sat in so maybe Peter can just touch your ass or something  :D

Written By: gibbo on 06/22/09 at 10:42 pm

That's okay anabel...her phone number will suffice!  ::)

Written By: Frank on 06/23/09 at 12:05 am

You could have replaced Chuck, who just dissapeared.

Written By: gibbo on 06/23/09 at 12:56 am

You could have replaced Chuck, who just dissapeared.

But I would have to get better at basketball..... :-\\

Written By: Frank on 06/23/09 at 1:27 am

But I would have to get better at basketball..... :-\\

quite a bit better, yes.

Maybe you'd get to date Leather Tuscadero

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/09 at 1:35 am

I'd like to spend like a week or so at all of the above (plus more as I think of them) just for the experience.  

I'd like to be a part of the Waltons clan, I think it'd been nice to be a part of a big family where you know you're loved...  I dunno.

I'd also like to work in these places on t.v.:

The Enterprise bridge (Star Trek)

The Blue Moon Detective Agency in Moonlighting.  (I especially loved the episode where the office staff went on strike, chanting something about "more money, no work" or something like that.)

Ah heck, I'd love to work with any television private investigator such as Barnaby Jones, Rockford Files, Quincy (even though he was a coroner rather then a detective agency but still...)

The grocery store of the TBS series, Ten Items or Less.

The Pie Hole in Pushing Daisies, or the diner (Alice) or the Waffle place (Dead like me) or the office Happy Time employment agency.

I'd also like to work at the library in Buffy the Vampire (S)Layer

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/09 at 2:21 am

I'd like to spend like a week or so at all of the above (plus more as I think of them) just for the experience.  

I'd like to be a part of the Waltons clan, I think it'd been nice to be a part of a big family where you know you're loved...  I dunno.

I'd also like to work in these places on t.v.:

The Enterprise bridge (Star Trek)

The Blue Moon Detective Agency in Moonlighting.  (I especially loved the episode where the office staff went on strike, chanting something about "more money, no work" or something like that.)

Ah heck, I'd love to work with any television private investigator such as Barnaby Jones, Rockford Files, Quincy (even though he was a coroner rather then a detective agency but still...)

The grocery store of the TBS series, Ten Items or Less.

The Pie Hole in Pushing Daisies, or the diner (Alice) or the Waffle place (Dead like me) or the office Happy Time employment agency.

I'd also like to work at the library in Buffy the Vampire (S)Layer

that's another good topic Patty!  8)

I'd love to work at Sugarbakers!  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/09 at 7:26 pm

Fred and Lamont!

You big dummeh!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: gibbo on 06/23/09 at 9:56 pm

quite a bit better, yes.

Maybe you'd get to date Leather Tuscadero

She'd be a goer.. ;)  ....and i liked her (Suzie Q) better than Pinky!  :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/09 at 10:08 pm

She'd be a goer.. ;)  ....and i liked her (Suzie Q) better than Pinky!  :)

She's definately a 'Wild One' :D

Written By: nally on 06/23/09 at 10:58 pm

My picks would be rather biased, since I never watched most of these programs. But my (temporary) picks are for the Full House Tanners and the Family Matters Winslows. (Yes, even with Urkel as a next door neighbor, lol.) From having watched those programs regularly, I think the Tanners seemed like very friendly characters; and the Winslows were cool too. :)

As for "other", I thought about the Lamberts & Fosters from Step By Step, which seemed a lot like a Brady Bunch of the 90s due to the family setup. (One parent had three kids, and the other parent had three kids.) I liked a handful of the early episodes of that show.

Written By: Frank on 06/24/09 at 12:33 am

I'd like to be a part of the Waltons clan, I think it'd been nice to be a part of a big family where you know you're loved...  I dunno.

I would have loved to have been a Waltons' kid as well, great TV show.

Written By: robby76 on 06/24/09 at 7:51 am

Much as I adore the Huxtables, I think they might grate after a while... Cliff at least.

So in the end I went for The Bradys (never a dull moment) and then the only other family that seemed interesting were the Seavers - once again Dad might prove annoying after a while.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/24/09 at 8:05 am

The Connors - Who wouldn't want Dan Connor with a Harley?

The Huxtables - Enough money, New York City, supportive extended family

The Winslows - Dad is a cop to get you out of jams and I just love Stephen Urkel who I am sure would go on to make millions and take care of his favorite family  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/09 at 10:55 am

How about The Hogans?  Sandy was a cool aunt, who was hip and down with current popular trends. 

Written By: robby76 on 06/24/09 at 11:13 am

How about The Hogans?  Sandy was a cool aunt, who was hip and down with current popular trends. 

I'm all for Edie McClurg as a neighbour! That means I'm with the Lawson family too!  :)

Written By: tv on 06/24/09 at 11:47 am

Yeah I iked the "Hogan Family" back in the day.

But...I would have to say "The Keatons' would be the family that I would live with.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/09 at 12:16 pm

I picked the Connors (I mean...everyday is crazy in that house, besides...I would be close to David! haha)

The Brady's....their house is so cozy..and I would love to have all of those brothers and sisters...never a dull moment.

And....The Tanners (Full House)....because I think DJ and I could be great friends! lol.

Written By: Popeater on 06/24/09 at 6:20 pm

A bunch or egotistic losers and Brooke makes me  8-P

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/09 at 6:20 pm

A bunch or egotistic losers and Brooke makes me  8-P

Wrong Hogans

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/28/09 at 9:43 pm

As much as I love the Huxtables, I'd like to be with the Winslows. I just like thier family better. And Jo Marie Payton really reminded me of my mom.  :)

Written By: ninny on 06/29/09 at 2:47 pm

I went with The Partridge Family (hey I can play tambourine just as good as Tracy) The Keatons, no special reason other than I always liked the show & The Tanners because well mostly because of Uncle Jesse.

Written By: 90steen on 07/01/09 at 8:53 pm

I voted the Conners but now that I think of it, if I actually had the chance to live with a tv family i wouldn't want it to be a realistic one.

Written By: Womble on 07/12/09 at 3:46 pm

I voted the Conners but now that I think of it, if I actually had the chance to live with a tv family i wouldn't want it to be a realistic one.

I hear ya'. My family was just like the conners.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/15/09 at 4:13 am

I chose The Tanners, because I think living with Gordon Shumway (Alf) would be to cool.

Of course, I am currently watching the TV series, this weekend they delivered my 4 season Alf collection (plus the made-for-TV-movie).

What can I ay, I love that smarmy alien.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...